The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Spotted at PIT/WSH game - Mike Gillis and Laurence Gilman

Strombone1

lol IF washington is really looking at Luongo you'd think their GM will fly over to Vancouver to watch a game or something?? i doubt Gillis would be flying to every city that looks like they have a struggling goalie and trying to convince them to make a trade.. if that's the case.. it'll just make him look really desperate to get rid of 1 of the 2 goalies lol.

It's not uncommon that MG and LG were heading to see a number of teams. the PIT/WAS was simply one of many stops. Ray Ferraro mentioned it's common for a GM to visit city's OTHER than the one you are negotiating with to give you a smoke screen as well as general pro scouting purposes.

6'3" 213 lbs, 6'2 215 lbs, 6'3 215 lbs

and in the case of the first 2, they are still only 18/19 yrs old and still growing.

I really hate this emoticon, but now I'm gonna use it:

:bigblush:

With regards to Gillis in WSH, of course they were scouting and since they were there themselves you have to know that there has been more than a "little" discussion .. otherwise wth would they fly clear across the continent?

Bob McKenzie? duhhhhh..... he is one of the smarter guys out there but for him to flat out deny something's stirring is flat out dumb.

HMM why would MG have to come out and apologize for attending the caps game.. ? I think this whole visit was a ploy and nothing to do with Washington, more to do with putting pressure on Florida or whoever else is interested. Between this and the spilling beans of a mystery team with an offer... i dno seems really fishy. I tend to believe Mcphee tho i don't think Luongo in Washington especially with OV's contract really makes any sense.

HMM why would MG have to come out and apologize for attending the caps game.. ? I think this whole visit was a ploy and nothing to do with Washington, more to do with putting pressure on Florida or whoever else is interested. Between this and the spilling beans of a mystery team with an offer... i dno seems really fishy. I tend to believe Mcphee tho i don't think Luongo in Washington especially with OV's contract really makes any sense.

Archived