The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Spotted at PIT/WSH game - Mike Gillis and Laurence Gilman

Strombone1

I believe Neuvirth was injured at the end of last season, he never lost the number 1 job because he was not 100% where as Holtby was and Neuvirth was not labelled number one anyways.

My point is and I can agree there are suspect goals involved in Neuvirth's play, that both Neuvirth and Holtby the organization is comfortable with moving forward. And with the exception of Kolzig you are right Luongo would trump anyting Washington has ever had in goal.

Washington's problem is both of their netminders are not at where they could be when their respective potential is reached, do they wait and develop or go for a netminder who is at an elite level now, not saying either Holtby or Neuvirth would ever be as good as Luongo either.

Realistically, WSH is one of our only real trade partners.

Ovechkin is the face of their franchise, and they can continue to build around him and Luongo.

You look at Toronto, if they let go of Bozak/Kadri they have no team left...Kessel unlike OV cannot carry that team and is struggling big time right now.

Florida, same as Toronto, but more so as we are targeting Weiss and Bjugstad, core pieces to their current/future team. So they will have to build around Versteegand Luongo.

some of you feel this is an underpayment but the questions are...

Is Tom Wilson going to help us at all- he may never make the NHL

Johansson is not able to carry a stanley cup contending 3rd line and is softer than Burrows, Kesler, Hansen, Higgins, and looks like he is a bit of a good time charlie when it comes to getting points.

I want this trade over and done with

There are rumours that McPhee may be more interested in Schneider-I'm fine with that...schneider could be a franchise player so the trade should reflect that.

Brouwer

Carlsson

2013 1st

for

Schneider

Cannauton

This is very fair-Carlsson is 23, 6'3 plays the right side D pairing and already has 2 30 point seasons under his belt. Do what you will with Keith Ballard afterwards- although Keith is looking real good right now.

2013 will be a deep draft

Cannauton helps take some of the sting out of losing carlsson

some of you feel this is an underpayment but the questions are...

Is Tom Wilson going to help us at all- he may never make the NHL

Johansson is not able to carry a stanley cup contending 3rd line and is softer than Burrows, Kesler, Hansen, Higgins, and looks like he is a bit of a good time charlie when it comes to getting points.

I want this trade over and done with

There are rumours that McPhee may be more interested in Schneider-I'm fine with that...schneider could be a franchise player so the trade should reflect that.

Brouwer

Carlsson

2013 1st

for

Schneider

Cannauton

This is very fair-Carlsson is 23, 6'3 plays the right side D pairing and already has 2 30 point seasons under his belt. Do what you will with Keith Ballard afterwards- although Keith is looking real good right now.

2013 will be a deep draft

Cannauton helps take some of the sting out of losing carlsson

I like the idea of Brouwer period. It give the bottom 6 depth grit and scoring that seems to disappear in the playoffs. Which would filter down to the bottom six. Something like this would look pretty strong.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Burrows

Brouwer Schroeder Hansen

Volpatti Lapierre Higgins

( Booth and Brouwer could swap places if Booth struggles cause Schroeder is a set up man. I don't see Booth really working out with the Canucks as Kesler is a shoot first center)

What I"d want from Washington is

Brouwer, Filip Forsberg and their 2013 1st round draft pick.

LU

Raymond or Higgins

or even Matt Hendricks might be added for a year.

Eventual Cap hit reality could look something like

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Jansen Kesler Burrows

Brouwer Schroeder Foresberg

Volpatti Lappierre Hansen ( Av would have to be gone as he has no idea how coach youth.)

If Brouwer is coming here, he could play second line and we send Raymond back, eliminating alot of softness from our top 6.

Our second line is definetly well suited for battles on the boards and Brouwer definetly fits that bill. Plus he has scoring hands.

If Brouwer is coming here, he could play second line and we send Raymond back, eliminating alot of softness from our top 6.

Our second line is definetly well suited for battles on the boards and Brouwer definetly fits that bill. Plus he has scoring hands.

Archived