The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Players of All-Time - #48

-AJ-

#48 Player of All-Time?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great participation on the last one!

Ken Dryden won with 42.31% of the votes.

Ted Lindsay had 3 nominations; Chelios and Esposito had two each.

Ted Lindsay was added to the list.

Congratulations to Ken Dryden for being named the #47 Player of All-Time!

Please remember to nominate someone to be added to the voting list!

The List:

#1 - Wayne Gretzky

#2 - Mario Lemieux

#3 - Bobby Orr

#4 - Gordie Howe

#5 - Maurice Richard

#6 - Steve Yzerman

#7 - Nicklas Lidstrom

#8 - Doug Harvey

#9 - Joe Sakic

#10 - Patrick Roy

----------------------

#11 - Mark Messier

#12 - Mike Bossy

#13 - /topic/339059-top-50-players-of-all-time-45/#">Martin Brodeur

#14 - Jean Beliveau

#15 - Ray Bourque

#16 - Jaromir Jagr

#17 - Marcel Dionne

#18 - Bobby Hull

#19 - Paul Coffey

#20 - Dominik Hasek

----------------------

#21 - Brett Hull

#22 - Ron Francis

#23 - Guy Lafleur

#24 - Pavel Bure

#25 - Eddie Shore

#26 - Phil Esposito

#27 - Teemu Selanne

#28 - Denis Potvin

#29 - Terry Sawchuk

#30 - Valeri Kharlamov

----------------------

#31 - Howie Morenz

#32 - Jacques Plante

#33 - Peter Stastny

#34 - Bryan Trottier

#35 - Vladislav Tretiak

#36 - Dale Hawerchuk

#37 - Stan Mikita

#38 - Peter Forsberg

#39 - /topic/339059-top-50-players-of-all-time-45/#">Adam Oates

#40 - Larry Robinson

----------------------

#41 - Sidney Crosby

#42 - Jari Kurri

#43 - Sergei Fedorov

#44 - Henri Richard

#45 - Luc Robitaille

#46 - Bobby Clarke

#47 - Ken Dryden

For the fifth time, I'm voting for Mike Gartner. Known as one of the fastest skaters of All-Time, Gartner is also known as one of the best players never to win a cup. It's a crime that he never made it all the way, seeing as he was one of the most consistent goal-scorers of all-time.

Although Gartner scored 50 goals "only" once in his /topic/339059-top-50-players-of-all-time-45/#">career he scored 30 or more goals for 15 consecutive seasons. No player has had more than his 15 consecutive season in history, even Gretzky, Lemiuex, and Howe. He ended up with 708 goals, 6th All-time. His #11 was retired by Washington in 2008.

Mike-Gartner.jpeg

For the third time, I'm going with Chris Chelios for my nomination.

Chelios is 5th All-time in games with 1,651, which also puts in at 1st all-time among defensemen. Among defensemen, he's at 10th all-time in points, and 8th all-time in assists.

Chelios holds numerous age-based records and is also the all-time leader in playoff games played with a stunning 266. In those 266 playoff games he helped his teams to 3 Stanley Cups.

One of Chelios' best accolades are his three Norris Trophies, his latest being in 1995-96.

Chelios.jpg

Is voting Luongo a joke? I mean I think Luongo is great maybe in the talk for best goalie in the league atm, but of all time? of all players? comeon. Is everyone voting for him like 10? (if thats the case then fair enough)

Voting Brendan Shanahan again

Nominating Alexander Mogilny, again. Basing this on the fact that he was extremely exciting to watch on the ice, definitely more fun and exciting that Fedorov and even if he was a bit selfish, more all-around than Bure. And they are both up here already.

Triple Gold Club member

Stanley Cup Champion 2000, WC 1989, Olympic Gold 1988

Two time 50+ goal scorer and 8 time 30+

First ever european captain in the NHL

6 All star games

Alexander Mogilny was the first Russian player to defect from the Soviet Union in May 1989, first non-North American to lead the league in goals scored (along with Teemu Selänne), first Russian to be named to the NHL All-star team, first Russian to be named captain of an NHL team, and is the second all-time Russian scorer in the NHL. Mogilny was the second Russian player to score 1000 points in the NHLreaching the milestone just a few days after former linemate Sergei Fedorov. One of the most exciting players to watch in terms of speed and raw talent. Scored his first NHL goal on his first shot of the first shift of his first NHL game.

Way too many great players missing. Mahovlich, Kelly, Moore, Chelios, Schmidt, etc.

Seriously, how in the world is Mahovlich not there? The guy's a six-time Stanley Cup winner, fifteen-time All-Star, and first-ballot HHOFer. Definitley top 25 of all time. I nominate him.

Anyway, voted for Terrible Ted.

Way too many great players missing. Mahovlich, Kelly, Moore, Chelios, Schmidt, etc.

Seriously, how in the world is Mahovlich not there? The guy's a six-time Stanley Cup winner, fifteen-time All-Star, and first-ballot HHOFer. Definitley top 25 of all time. I nominate him.

Anyway, voted for Terrible Ted.

Chelios by far gets my nomination.. Guess I'll vote Lindsey since he's got an award named after him :P

actually I change my mind.. Didn't see MacInnis up there so I'm voting for Al MacInnis. By far the most feared slapshot during his days as a St. Louis Blue and Calgary Flame. Only the 4th defenceman of all time to reach the 100 point plateau. Only 5 defenceman have ever reached the 100 point plateau as a defenceman and MacInnis was one of them.

The other 4? Bobby Orr, Paul Coffey, Brian Leetch, Denis Potvin. That is some elite company folks. Something Nicklas Lidstrom or Scott Niedermayer or Scott Stevens has ever done and imo, no defenseman will ever reach the 100 point plateau ever again. Ever. Erik Karlsson maybe but that's unlikely.

Chelios by far gets my nomination.. Guess I'll vote Lindsey since he's got an award named after him :P

actually I change my mind.. Didn't see MacInnis up there so I'm voting for Al MacInnis. By far the most feared slapshot during his days as a St. Louis Blue and Calgary Flame. Only the 4th defenceman of all time to reach the 100 point plateau. Only 5 defenceman have ever reached the 100 point plateau as a defenceman and MacInnis was one of them.

The other 4? Bobby Orr, Paul Coffey, Brian Leetch, Denis Potvin. That is some elite company folks. Something Nicklas Lidstrom or Scott Niedermayer or Scott Stevens has ever done and imo, no defenseman will ever reach the 100 point plateau ever again. Ever. Erik Karlsson maybe but that's unlikely.

Voted for Mr. Goalie

Nominating MacInnis

Voting to go by position next, but with clarification... I like the nationality idea, but I think we should do a top goalie list first. I don't think we need a top LW list and a top RW list and so on, but with the uniqueness of the goalie position, I think that would be a good list to do. Then we could do the nationality thing.

Voted for Mr. Goalie

Nominating MacInnis

Voting to go by position next, but with clarification...  I like the nationality idea, but I think we should do a top goalie list first.  I don't think we need a top LW list and a top RW list and so on, but with the uniqueness of the goalie position, I think that would be a good list to do.  Then we could do the nationality thing.

Sorry to say it for the people who voted for Luongo but he doesn't belong in the Top 50. Will never be a Top 50 NHL player of all time. Top 100, yes. Not Top 50. Especially when consider seeing Al MacInnis not being up yet or Brendan Shanahan or Brian Leetch... IMO, MacInnis and Leetch should round out the Top 50 even though there are some names, and mind you, names that are all deserving in Top 50, left on the board but my case for MacInnis being #49 still stands. He should've been higher and him and Leetch deserve Top 50 with what they have done for the NHL as a defenceman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TpBDAyofcg

Archived