Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

North Korea 'preparing for two nuclear tests'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#61 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

I wish everyone would stop doing Nuclear testing.

#62 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

The sad thing is North Korea is so cut off from the outside world in terms of television and internet that the people there believe this stuff, or pretend too so they don`t die.

There has got to be a way to broadcast internet into N. Korea.

#63 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

I think N. Korea is pretty wacky right now, and the regular rules of rationalizing just don't apply. Making the N. Koreans feel like they are backed into a corner is probably not the best move. Their entire society has been gearing up for some war with the Democratic West right now. They're so out of touch with reality in the rest of the world. Having China pull the plug is only going to make them think some time of reckoning is upon them.

North Korea has been wacky for over half a century, so that's why regular diplomacy hasn't been working. If they just simply followed the China or Vietnam route and just opened up socially (somewhat) and economically, there will be no problem.
Instead N. Korea has been acting like a spoiled brat with rabies, lol. I remember hearing about how they also steal the trains and trucks that China uses to deliver the aid to them. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Rational strategies like open diplomacy, humanitarian support, etc... those only work with someone who is sane and rational and not constantly talking about raining South Korea, Japan, and America with nuclear fire. I feel that the only way this situation will be solved is, unfortunately, by war.

With war, there's 2 possibility. Civil war unlikely unless Kim Jong Un suddenly dies and a power vacuum ensues. The second possibility (the more likely scenario), being clobbered by the UN forces. It should have been done 20 years back, prior to N. Korea having nuclear technology, when China has less clout, the USSR has fallen, Japan being the undisputed #2 economically and the US being the winner of the Cold War, Gulf War and at the peak of their global power.

#64 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

NK just put on a show. I do have a South Korean friend who would testify from his experiences in the army that NK troops are very well trained and all excellent shooters. The matchup is about even it's technology VRS fanatacism. In my opinion the longer time passes the weaker NK becomes and stronger SK. For now I highly doubt NK will outright start anything unless done via false flag to try and limit support against them. NK is a military nation. That's all they know. I do feel eventually things will kick off but their posturing means nothing.

Well, you're just a conspiracy whacko now aren't you! B)

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#65 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

The sad thing is North Korea is so cut off from the outside world in terms of television and internet that the people there believe this stuff, or pretend too so they don`t die.

Ironic...my view is that those with access to TV and who regularly and consistently consume TV, especially the mainstream media, are the ones cut off from the outside world.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#66 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Use nuclear testing at Area 51 with the aliens to produce chemtrails that float over North Korean airspace.

George Bush did 9/11 with his lizard friends.

jDWeuKR.png

#67 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,124 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

US to deploy more ground-based missile interceptors as North Korea steps up threats

Posted Image

The U.S. is deploying 14 new ground-based missile interceptors in Alaska to counter renewed nuclear threats from North Korea and Iran, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Friday.

The new interceptors will be based at Fort Greely, an Army launch site about 100 miles southeast of Fairbanks, Alaska, and are projected to be fully deployed by 2017, Hagel said. The additions will bring the U.S.-based ground interceptor deployment from 30 to 44, including four that are based in California.

That will boost U.S. missile defense capability by 50 percent and "make clear to the world that the United States stands firm against aggression," he said in a briefing at the Pentagon.

The announcement comes as North Korea has been making bellicose threats to void the armistice that ended the Korean War and launch a nuclear attack on the U.S. The U.S. and South Korea began annual military drills this week despite the North Korean threats.

Hagel said the U.S. would also shift some "resources," which he didn't specify, from the delayed Aegis anti-missile program in Europe to U.S.-based defenses, saying the Aegis program was "lagging" because of reduced congressional funding. And he reiterated previously announced plans to add a second U.S. anti-ballistic missile radar installation in Japan.

Taking all of the moves together, "we will be able to add protection against missiles from Iran sooner while also proving protection against the threat from North Korea," he said.
Even before the announcement, Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., a member of the Armed Services Committee, criticized the news, saying it was too little and too late.

"I applaud the Obama administration's decision, but it shouldn't have taken the predictable saber-rattling from North Korea to bring this about," Ayotte said in a statement Friday.
Pointing to Iran's nuclear program, Ayotte called on the Obama administration to "move expeditiously to construct an East Coast missile defense site."

"Americans living in the Eastern United States should have the same level of missile defense protection as those in the West," she said.

http://usnews.nbcnew...up-threats?lite

Edited by key2thecup, 15 March 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#68 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Carpet bomb them with smartphones and laptops. should 'nt be too hard.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.