The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal van - tor

Giving up a buttload. Trading that package pretty much has to guarantee the Canucks a cup this season. I don't buy that Kessel is the missing piece he has played a total of 15 playoff games and while his at a ppg pace in the playoffs is he a game breaker when it counts? I don't know I haven't seen him play in the playoffs. Gunnerson and Franson are both decent but really aren't going to knock out any of the top 4 current dmen on the Canucks.

we give to the Leafs an elite starting goalie + a top 4 dman on their team and very versatile and serviceable forward who I am sure is well liked by his team mates (seems like a great guy) and a first rounder in a very deep draft. This is a make or break trade and I feel all leafs have been losing for so long thats what their used to. To me this benefits the leafs more than the Canucks, I personally would say no.

I promise you that if Kessel comes here, there will be a thread to run him out of town asap. He is a perimeter player and yes he scores goals but he dies nothing else. We dont need to pay someone more than the sedins to play seagull or play on the perimeter and not back check or get his nose dirty. Think of this..... There is a reason he was picked last at all star game.

I like the idea of Franson coming to the canucks, also being an RFA next year adds the pickup. Unfortunately he will be wanting a pay increase considering he is a player with numbers that suggest so, this might lead to a Subban situation.

Phil Kessel is having a slow year, but, he has been a consistant goal scorer the last, 30plus goals in each of the last 4 years and is showing he can put up points (6 assists this year in 11 games). His plus minus sucks but then again he plays on the leafs. He could be used as a trade for a first line or D prospect a pick and a usable big body that wouldn't sit in the press box and play on the 4th line.

The trade would then look like this.

Toronto receives

Schneider, Ballard, Higgins,

Canucks receives

Kessel, Franson

Why would teams trade for higgins when they can simply sign him in july as ufa?

We dont need Kessel. He goes against AV's style of player and that is defence first. If you dont back check or play smart without the puck.... You dont play. Simple as that. No way Gillis brings in players that get paid more than sedins, kesler etc. next year kessel will surely bolt for some team that will open the vault for him

Archived