Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheRussianRocket96

Roenick's AV stories from junior days

88 posts in this topic

AV is an honest coach. He is also very supportive of his players, he expects the best out of them

He used to sneaky stuff like get his trainers to lay thin layers of sand in and around the opposition's dressing room in his home rink.

I always thought that if we fired AV (not because he's a bad coach, but a shake up sort of like a few cup winners have done in the past) we would need to get a tougher and meaner coach. Unless AV isn't as tough with this core as he has been in the past (a possibility considering how much some of the players seem to like him), a more player friendly coach would be required if we were to shake things up?

It's like how we put Schneider in for Luongo last playoffs. We needed to try something, and Schneider played goal a lot differently.

FYI, I want AV to stay for the time being.

He used to sneaky stuff like get his trainers to lay thin layers of sand in and around the opposition's dressing room in his home rink.

I remember and have took part in some God awful rookie stuff but that Luggage trick is pure genius.

lol at the favourable comparisons to Keenan. IIRC he wasn't exactly the best thing to happen to this franchise.

I'd rather him be the tough coach than the one that does crap all now

The middle-of-the-night uniform antics would not wash in the pros or juniors these days. Methinks he's changed his motivational tactics over the years.

Cool! Has anyone else read any hockey biographies?