The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Entrance Music

Ryan Murray

I personally think that random rock or hiphop music isn't well suited for entrance music.

I know they are well known bands and songs but they just don't feel right for the entrance music.

honestly, Stockholm sounds better than rock music for the entrance.

make the entrance music something unique/special that is only for the Canucks and no other team.

Bring Back U2!

who cares what the lyrics say, no one cares and no one believes in superstition

ps. stick with one goal song whether it's holiday or electric worry, just stick with one...

This may not work as well as I think because I love Rage so i'm pretty biased, but I use this as a pump up song for snowboarding and mountain biking so I figured it might translate.

This song is uncensored so i'm not sure if this is ok or not. If not, please remove right away, and apologies.

Forget about the haters, stick to U2, you are never going to please everyone. The whole play something heavy for intro is so over used, plus this isn't a monster truck rally, it's hockey something we take serious, imo you want that inspirational "give you the chills" kind of music to set that mood before a game, plus you are rolling into anthems which is serious as well. After that play the heavy music to keep the crowd pumped up and loud, that's my 2 cents.

The choices for project Nu2 are horrible. Welcome To The Jungle is a great song but a little to typical, Japandriods is a great band but that song has got to be my least fav of theirs, I'm not even going to get into Nickelback and that horrible trance techno song as even being choices. Who the hell is at the head of these decisions is what I'd like to know, I mean seriously guys.

With these as our top choices I'm almost surprised that that stupid Inward Eye - "Vancouver" song wasn't up there.

Not sure if DJ Dave reads this, but if so, I have a question.

In the video that was posted when Project NU2 first started, you said that Where The Streets Have No Name isn't going anywhere and I believe somewhere on the site it said that it will still be used in rotation (which I haven't heard yet, but maybe I missed it). So I was wondering - once the "new entrance song" is found (though I wish it wasn't even being changed...), will Where The Streets Have No Name still be used "in rotation" or is it completely gone and the alternate song will be played at every home game?

PS - Gilman said it best! WTSHNN stirs emotions!

Not sure if DJ Dave reads this, but if so, I have a question.

In the video that was posted when Project NU2 first started, you said that Where The Streets Have No Name isn't going anywhere and I believe somewhere on the site it said that it will still be used in rotation (which I haven't heard yet, but maybe I missed it). So I was wondering - once the "new entrance song" is found (though I wish it wasn't even being changed...), will Where The Streets Have No Name still be used "in rotation" or is it completely gone and the alternate song will be played at every home game?

PS - Gilman said it best! WTSHNN stirs emotions!

Since it seems the organization is so adamant to get rid of U2 and I've seen Muse mentioned a few times already, I have no idea how no one has brought Knights of Cydonia up. Not the highest quality instrumental of it, but I think it'd be great with the air raid siren and everything. Starting around 3:39, players stepping out at 3:54.

http://youtu.be/anzeC30Rk9M?t=3m40s

Who is choosing these songs? :picard:

Japandroids - Good song, but not for an opening pump up song

Static in the Stars - Just no.

Burn it to the ground - Good song for the Flames, not for us.

Welcome to the Jungle - Too cliche

A warrior's call - Fake metal garbage

Stockholm - Maybe if they hand out glow sticks and turn Rogers Arena into a dance party

These are all garbage. Please just stick with U2 if these are the alternatives.

Is it so hard to just pick a cool classic rock song and be done with it?

Archived