The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Beast Beastier and Beastiest line

406281dylan

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First of all I would just like to say that the Canucks look outstanding on the ice as they are all back in to game shape form. We have heard a ton of credit for the speedster line recently, this made me think to myself why dont we give credit to possibly the most dangerous third line in the NHL. They have looked phenominal. Higgins is a beast especially against the boards, Maxim Lapierre I would say is considered the beastiest especially after last night performance but its hard to deside considering the fact that their is a legit beast on the line in Zach Kassian who is 6'3 like 225 pounds and is monsterous looking. Anyways getting to the point, I love this line Lapierre and Higgins have tremendous chemistry and Kassian adds so much to the table. They have been together for 3 games and those were 3 really effective games they look very similar to the Torres Manny Hansen line of a few years back except on paper they might even be better. I enjoy this line because they bring so much energy that no line can match, Konopka almost had a panic attack last game after he kept getting abused on the boards from the raft of the third line. When faulk hit sedin against the boards and Lapierre went after him that made me happy despite the terrible penalty call because we made a statement last night that we will no longer take crap anymore. This line can grind hit and score, and I already cannot wait to see them play on Friday.

The only thing is Ray Ferraro made an interesting statement yesterday saying Vigneault should let Lapierre run his mouth , but just in the lines while doing it do u agree? and what do u guys think of the third line?

http://youtu.be/H4U0af2P1X0

yes and yes but everyone needs to settle down a bit with all this beast talk like etsen3 said ... look at our record... now look at the games we've won ... now look at our division... 8-2-2 6 wins vs our division currently minni and edmonton are tied at 10th and 11th and calgary and colorado are 14th and 15 in the conference... i wonder why we look so good. 406281dylan needs to back off the "canucks look outstanding" and "most dangerous 3rd line in the nhl" and all this crap beast talk save it for when we actually put away a good team and controlling an entire game vs the blackhawks dosent count thye took 2 nights completely off vs canucks and flames on that road trip and still pulled out 3 of 4 points. good teams can play terrible and still get points unlike nucks vs duck or nucks vs sharks. this next stretch should be a good test for them.

It might be better for Lappierre's game to let him be that agitator guy that he's oh-so-good at being...but on the other hand, does it lead to distraction for the rest of the team? Av and co. have clearly made efforts to muzzle him a little bit ever since he first came here. Idk, Maybe they've got a good reason. If it were up to me, I think I'd let Lappy be Lappy though.

I'd rather put all the pests on one line together and have Kassian up with the Sedins to protect them.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Kassian is proving he's more skilled than Burrows this season, amazing hands, bigger body and far tougher.

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Speedy line, this will probably stay our 3rd line when Kes/Booth return even though Raymond is our best forward so far.

Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins

All great forecheckers, ex-Habs have proven chemistry as do the two French Canadians. Most annoying line to play against.

Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise

Big bodies, hitters.

I'd rather put all the pests on one line together and have Kassian up with the Sedins to protect them.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Kassian is proving he's more skilled than Burrows this season, amazing hands, bigger body and far tougher.

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Speedy line, this will probably stay our 3rd line when Kes/Booth return even though Raymond is our best forward so far.

Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins

All great forecheckers, ex-Habs have proven chemistry as do the two French Canadians. Most annoying line to play against.

Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise

Big bodies, hitters.

Archived