Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

The Beast Beastier and Beastiest line

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: The Beast Beastier and Beastiest line (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Lapierre be able to run his mouth in between the lines?

1. Yes (40 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

2. No (6 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

3. only in playoffs (6 votes [11.54%])

Is this a line u would like to see in the playoffs

1. yes (33 votes [63.46%])

Percentage of vote: 63.46%

2. no (13 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. only if we are against chicago, boston or sanjose (6 votes [11.54%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

First of all I would just like to say that the Canucks look outstanding on the ice as they are all back in to game shape form. We have heard a ton of credit for the speedster line recently, this made me think to myself why dont we give credit to possibly the most dangerous third line in the NHL. They have looked phenominal. Higgins is a beast especially against the boards, Maxim Lapierre I would say is considered the beastiest especially after last night performance but its hard to deside considering the fact that their is a legit beast on the line in Zach Kassian who is 6'3 like 225 pounds and is monsterous looking. Anyways getting to the point, I love this line Lapierre and Higgins have tremendous chemistry and Kassian adds so much to the table. They have been together for 3 games and those were 3 really effective games they look very similar to the Torres Manny Hansen line of a few years back except on paper they might even be better. I enjoy this line because they bring so much energy that no line can match, Konopka almost had a panic attack last game after he kept getting abused on the boards from the raft of the third line. When faulk hit sedin against the boards and Lapierre went after him that made me happy despite the terrible penalty call because we made a statement last night that we will no longer take crap anymore. This line can grind hit and score, and I already cannot wait to see them play on Friday.
The only thing is Ray Ferraro made an interesting statement yesterday saying Vigneault should let Lapierre run his mouth , but just in the lines while doing it do u agree? and what do u guys think of the third line?

#2 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

1. Yes
2. No

#3 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

no thanks to yappy types rather a heavyweight whose fists do the talking.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#4 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Dat wall of text is a beast.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#5 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Can we stop calling everything beast?

#6 Dancin'Droid

Dancin'Droid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

NO WE CANNOT!!!!!!

DancingAndroidYellow-1.gif

2013 Kent Jr. Football Champion

2014 Bronze Boot

2014 Kent Sr. Football Champion

2014 SWOSSA Football Finalist 

#7 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,896 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yes & Yes.

307mg00.jpg

#8 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Yes it pisses off the other teams players and make them take penalties

#9 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

yes and yes but everyone needs to settle down a bit with all this beast talk like etsen3 said ... look at our record... now look at the games we've won ... now look at our division... 8-2-2 6 wins vs our division currently minni and edmonton are tied at 10th and 11th and calgary and colorado are 14th and 15 in the conference... i wonder why we look so good. 406281dylan needs to back off the "canucks look outstanding" and "most dangerous 3rd line in the nhl" and all this crap beast talk save it for when we actually put away a good team and controlling an entire game vs the blackhawks dosent count thye took 2 nights completely off vs canucks and flames on that road trip and still pulled out 3 of 4 points. good teams can play terrible and still get points unlike nucks vs duck or nucks vs sharks. this next stretch should be a good test for them.

#10 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

It might be better for Lappierre's game to let him be that agitator guy that he's oh-so-good at being...but on the other hand, does it lead to distraction for the rest of the team? Av and co. have clearly made efforts to muzzle him a little bit ever since he first came here. Idk, Maybe they've got a good reason. If it were up to me, I think I'd let Lappy be Lappy though.

#11 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Then talbot wants a rematch and......

#12 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Lol at Lappy Le Troll.. he is a boss when he gets to run his mouth. let him go AV he has Kass with him let him go.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#13 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

That was quite difficult to comprehend

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

I like the line, but I'd rather see Kassian playing on one of the top 2 lines making a bigger impact come playoff time.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#15 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,457 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'd rather put all the pests on one line together and have Kassian up with the Sedins to protect them.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Kassian is proving he's more skilled than Burrows this season, amazing hands, bigger body and far tougher.

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Speedy line, this will probably stay our 3rd line when Kes/Booth return even though Raymond is our best forward so far.

Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins
All great forecheckers, ex-Habs have proven chemistry as do the two French Canadians. Most annoying line to play against.

Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise
Big bodies, hitters.
Posted Image

#16 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

It would be a good line for when games get tight, rough, and become defensive battles with a lot of banging and crashing.

#17 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

The line looked big versus the Wild last game. Just wait till they really ramp it up.

0au3Jj.gif

#18 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

I'd rather put all the pests on one line together and have Kassian up with the Sedins to protect them.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Kassian is proving he's more skilled than Burrows this season, amazing hands, bigger body and far tougher.

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Speedy line, this will probably stay our 3rd line when Kes/Booth return even though Raymond is our best forward so far.

Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins
All great forecheckers, ex-Habs have proven chemistry as do the two French Canadians. Most annoying line to play against.

Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise
Big bodies, hitters.

haha u really just said kassian is more skilled than burrows? amazing hands? you let me know when kassian scores a goal from outside of 5 feet from the net.

#19 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

burr in higgy out thats a nasty line

#20 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

So if thats a line, and sedin/sedin/burrows is a line, and raymond/schroeder/hansen is a line...

does that mean its booth/kesler/volpatti? or does raymond play 2nd line and then we make volpatti/schroeder/hansen our 4th line?
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#21 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

Why yes to Lapierre yapping? They need to cut that crap out entirely and stay disciplined and focused. No chirping, no yapping and certainly no diving. We cant afford to get on the ref's bad side, it can really hurt in the play-offs. We need toughness and grit and be able to answer the bell when its called for, but the focus must be on playing good hockey like they are doing now.

#22 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,925 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

haha u really just said kassian is more skilled than burrows? amazing hands? you let me know when kassian scores a goal from outside of 5 feet from the net.

As you can tell from my name and sig, I'm a big supporter of Burrows. He's a hard working guy who manage to make our 1st line despite not being drafted. That being said. Kassian is a 1st round draft pick in his second year in the NHL. He not only has a good set of hands in front of the net, he's strong along the boards and is a very good passer. Kassian obviously has more natural talent to work with.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#23 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Personally I wouldn't want to see "Speedy" split up, even if it puts them on the 3rd. For the first time I see a line with speed AND passing in our team and I want to see how it develops. I also love how Hansen has bought into it and he seems to be back to his best. There doesn't seem to be any ego's on that line at all.

I think we have a problem with Kes and Booth. One of them needs to go imo and I think Kesler is a far better player. That said I have been wrong in the past and I am quite happy for a Booth - Kesler - Burrows line to be given a run into the playoffs.

However if I was AV/MG I would have Kes and Booth into my office and told what the score was "Pass, or one of you will be packing his bags"

We really need to get this line re-tuned and playing as a line. It hasn't happened since Booth came and ok I know he AND Kes scored some goals last year but they were essentially individual efforts and both were closed out easily in the playoffs, due in my opinion to Kes's injury and lack of chemistry.

Edited by Bodee, 14 February 2013 - 03:51 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#24 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Allow them to be who they are. The league has proven that the Canucks are wrong even when defending the running against their superstars. They'll never get the benifit of doubt so protect yourselves and them team.
The teams know the get screwed by the refs so screw it play your game. You already know the majority of the calls will go against you and they'll use whatever excuse they can use. (ie. like Lappeirre and Burrows are to yappy and disturbing the game).
Whatever play your game and let the team owners deal about reffing with the league.

#25 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

No!! Not when we have beasts on the team. Kassian the beast.. Wiese the beast
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#26 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

With all this "beast" talk, Pierre McGuire must be in the house.

Though Ferraro has a point, Lappy has to learn how to play with the same level of intensity without being yappy. I think this is what he's striving to do and so far this season, has shown that he can do it. I think Lappy is getting comfortable with his added weight and it seems to me that he is more confident taking on the bigger guys, so he's letting his physical play do the talking.

The line of Higgy -- Lappy -- Kass is a good combination...at the very least, with our current roster being what it is, it is giving AV the opportunity to try out combinations that we may not have otherwise considered. This line is big, fast and skilled...just what you want from a third line.

One thing that has developed nicely is the emergence of both Kass and Shroeder as NHL players. With these two young guys in the line-up, coupled with their versatility, it has given AV multiple options...something he didn't have in years past.

Edited by disisdayear, 14 February 2013 - 11:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.