The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to slot in Vandermeer RIGHT NOW!

PrimeMinisterBure

Henrik's been forced to try to protect himself because no one else will provide it for gim. So you've got a guy who's 180 lbs. soaking wet, can fight, can't hit, can't intimidate anyone, and is supposed to be the leading offense provider for the team trying to push around men twice his size and whose sole job it is to throw Henrik off his. Awesome.

As much as PMBure feels the need to shout and be angry to be heard, his point is well taken. Is that you, Grapes?

I'm of the thought that we need a bonafide enforcer (I like the looks of that Frazer McLaren kid in Toronto) who we can have riding shot gun and develop as we did with guys like Gino Odjick and Donald Brashear. As much as I don't like Cherry's view on many things, the one thing I agree with is his assertion that enforcers who can contribute in more ways than with their fisticuffs makes everyone on the team 2 to 3" taller and 10 to 20 pounds heavier.

Now back to the angry dude, PMBure...Vandermeer is not the answer...he may be tough as nails, but he's a punching bag and a middleweight in today's NHL.

Matt Kassian just got sent down to the minors by Minnesota, so he might be available...I'd love to see the Canucks try to get Frazer McLaren from Toronto.

Henrik's been forced to try to protect himself because no one else will provide it for gim. So you've got a guy who's 180 lbs. soaking wet, can fight, can't hit, can't intimidate anyone, and is supposed to be the leading offense provider for the team trying to push around men twice his size and whose sole job it is to throw Henrik off his. Awesome.

Well if you actually took time to notice...it is rare that the opposition takes runs or use hitting as a tactic to contain Henrik. Thats not to say he doesnt get hit. He does.

But it is Danny that takes much more of the hitting. Players are much tougher on him.

He doesnt get enough credit for how much punishment he takes compared to Hank.

First of all, you're an idiot. Second of all, no it isn't. You know how sweating causes you to excrete water from what are known as "pores"? Well, water can also enter the body through those things as well. You should check out this activity known as education. It's pretty enlightening!

Wow, kids that have never played hockey have to realize the enforcer is dead doesn't deter anyone from cheapshoting the stars. Especially with the rules these days.

What kind of hockey professional is going to be scared of taking a punch when they can just fall to the ice and the fight is over? You can't just attack whoever you want out of the blue.

Hockey players protect themselves and Vandemeer can't protect the Sedins from the bench. What kind of make believe world do you live in?

Hockey is a physical game and players are targeted all the time. Get used to it wus. Players have to tough it out and fight through it, not cry like you fight boys for someone to go beat them up.

Vandemeer dressing is not going to ensure the Sedins never get checked. Becasue I'm sure all the players on the other team are chickencraps right?

Kassian is the perfect fit for the Sedins.

Last game Burrows was with the twins, the Sedins were getting headlocked in scrums after the whistle and Burrows was too small to do anything about it - a Wild player would just grab him from behind and stop him.

Later in the game Kassian was out on the ice with the Sedins. Daniel gets decked from behind into the boards and Zack single-handedly starts a melee along the boards.

Other players fear Kassian, no one is scared of the feline Burrows. Sorry but that's what he is - a whinging yapper who is all talk. Kassian is the exact opposite. He's our answer.

Yes, let us give credit to all of our star players for how much punishment they need not take but do because they are provided with absolutely no reinforcement. Maybe by the time they retire without any championship rings to their credit, the NHL Awards will have a trophy for them to commemorate all the unnecessary beatings, hits, and roughness they've been forced to endure, as others teams ran over them on their way to the Stanley Cup.

Exactly. I forgot that this is CDC, and most of those posting on here know nothing of players beyond the Canucks current roster and maybe a few other players along the line of Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos. Vandermeer has alternated between playing as a denseman and a forward for years, and if you took a moment to research him you would know this.

I remember Gretzky having Semenko as a linemate from time to time. He couldn't play worth crap but being on the line opened up so much ice for Gretzky and kept opposing teams honest.

For some reason Gillis has refused to budge on this even though the whole league knows the Cancuks are soft.

And which defenseman would he bump?

Having a goon defenseman in the box for 5 minutes a game doesn't do us any good. It just means that the rest of our D have to play with different partners and play more minutes. Which increases our chance of losing. And the other teams goons will take advantage of this.

If we're gonna get a tough guy, we need to get one that can also play. Vandermeer is not that guy.

First of all, you're an idiot. Second of all, no it isn't. You know how sweating causes you to excrete water from what are known as "pores"? Well, water can also enter the body through those things as well. You should check out this activity known as education. It's pretty enlightening!

Archived