The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to slot in Vandermeer RIGHT NOW!

PrimeMinisterBure

No, the only thing that would result is he would get a 2 minute penalty and 10 for instigating and the other team would be on a PP. The last thing a hockey player worries about is getting into a fight because of something they did during a game. Getting hit blind by Torres in the middle, lined up by Keith, crunched in the boards or glass by Chara, or the hit on Hank by Brown last year in the playoffs. That's stuff players worry about.

How does the fight help protect our players? When was the last time you saw a fight where you said wow they'll never try that again? For that matter when was the last time you saw an enforcer jump a smaller player and pound him into submission where it actually had the chance to make the effect you claim?

Read more carefully and think before you reply. I specifically said Ryp tried to bring intimidation, despite his lack of size. The guy had a tonne of heart but was just too small most times to be really effective in his role. Plus, because Gillis failed to bring in any one else of his skill set with more size, Ryp had to work extremely hard training in combat sports when he wasn't on the ice so that, when he was forced to fight because no one else on the team could do so, he could actually make an impact despite his small stature. What an organization Gillis has built, forcing such an outmatched guy to take on such a load.

ya gillis is such a moron to think that the fans are stupid enough to believe its his eye thats the reason for sitting him for a season... kesler coming back that puts the canucks at 69mill... just 1mill under the cap... with manny sitting out so does his 2.5mill... kessler comes in and now we have 4mill roughly... source gapgeek canucks .. google it....i just wonder how tough it was for manny when gillis is telling him your done for the season... lol you mean he was just fine last season...

Yes, watching Hordichuk get his face bounced off the ice by everyone he fights is a real deterent. At least Vandermeer can fight, but there are certainly better players that can fight out there.

For the record we do obviously need more messages being sent via fists, and our 4th liners don't seem to want to do their jobs in that department so something should be done.

Chris Neil "jumping" Boyle during the quarter finals last season after Boyle punched Karlsson in the face several times unprovoked -- which Boyle also happened to do in practically the exact same fashion that one little rat on the Bruins did to Daniel Sedin a year earlier and with no payback given to him. The Sens lost the series, because they were the inferior team. But Boyle never touched Karlsson again, that's for sure.

ya gillis is such a moron to think that the fans are stupid enough to believe its his eye thats the reason for sitting him for a season... kesler coming back that puts the canucks at 69mill... just 1mill under the cap... with manny sitting out so does his 2.5mill... kessler comes in and now we have 4mill roughly... source gapgeek canucks .. google it....i just wonder how tough it was for manny when gillis is telling him your done for the season... lol you mean he was just fine last season...

Exactly. I forgot that this is CDC, and most of those posting on here know nothing of players beyond the Canucks current roster and maybe a few other players along the line of Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos. Vandermeer has alternated between playing as a denseman and a forward for years, and if you took a moment to research him you would know this.

LOL, you really want to mention osmotic flow in the same post where you're trying to argue that human skin can't absorb liquid? Have you ever applied topical treatments of any kind to your skin, or just simply kept your hand immersed in water for any length of time? Well, you can't see it because it's too small for your eyes to detect, but underlying the outer shell of your body are cells, and these cells are constantly absorbing moisture from the air and liquids surrounding your body.

Everyone knows he can play on the fourth line. Don't feel special.

Does that mean that's his preferred position? No. He's a defenseman. It would be no different than putting Alberts on the fourth line, except that Vandermeer can fight.

Either way you'd be bumping an actual solid fourth liner like Volpatti, who has been excelling in that role. It's hardly worth it to have him fight once every 10 games.

Learn to read. I said that he would be gone 5 minutes a game. You know, the amount of penalty time you get for fighting.

He's a plug. Anyone that thinks otherwise doesn't actually know much about him. If he was as good as people thought, he wouldn't have cleared waivers.

Obviously you're dumber than a bag of hammers. Never did I mention that the body could not absorb water. Maybe what you're truly lacking is a complete inability to read and comprehend. You were that retard at the back of the class when asked "what is 2+2" by the math teacher, whose response was "jello".

Sorry you had to take the small yellow bus and had to be let out half an hour earlier...it really stunted your socialization and comprehension skills, didn't it?

Puh-lease, i think the only reason we signed Vandermeer was because he literally camped out in Vancouver and was pretty much begging for a contract so we just gave him one.

Doubt he sees any playing time. If we have an injury, Corrado/Connauton/Sauve will get the call.

Chris Neil "jumping" Boyle during the quarter finals last season after Boyle punched Karlsson in the face several times unprovoked -- which Boyle also happened to do in practically the exact same fashion that one little rat on the Bruins did to Daniel Sedin a year earlier and with no payback given to him. The Sens lost the series, because they were the inferior team. But Boyle never touched Karlsson again, that's for sure.

Kevin Bieksa and several others on the team "thought" enough to finally go to management themselves and request that they acquire him -- that is, they asked for Vandermeer, in particular. I'd take their judgment over yours as to who should be on the team any day. So don't act like your the all-knowing source wisdom on who should play for the Canucks, genius.

OP, in regards to Neil and Boyle, pretty sure you are talking about the incident that was actually Carkner jumping Boyle.

But yes, this is a response. This is why I laugh when people said Keith wouldn't fight, that shouldn't be OUR problem but his. Doesn't want to fight? Too bad, make him fight or beat the sh*t out of him.

I agree that Vandermeer is tough as nails...but if you're going to have an enforcer on the team, Vandermeer is not the answer. 210 is still big by today's standards, but not big enough for a guy in the role he would be intended for.

Archived