Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Coaching staff needs a shake up!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#61 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

All the AV lovers know they're wrong, that's why all they can say is you're a bandwagoner or he is the most winningest coach in history or we're 8-2..............

It's about this season not the last 6 he's coached................

None of that equals playoff success.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#62 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Not to mention that team does not know how to produce offense without the defense under this system.
Exactly why the offense disappears in the playoffs. The defense is forced to defend and is being spread out. Preventing them form being involved in the play as seen in how many playoff games now. This team is unable to produce by forwards alone under the coaching staff system, when they have the talent and skill but lack direction.
Av and his staff have proven they are unable to adapt as the lack the offensive mind set. With the talent this team has up front you can't help but blame the obvious, the coaching and his staff.

Edited by cc_devil, 17 February 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#63 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

I've been wondering how long are they going to keep the defence by committee mentality?

Not saying they need to sign a "#1" guy. But maybe the problem is if you don't have that competition level within the D, nobody is going to step up? Vigneault/Bowness have been in charge of D since 2006..... and the D really isn't much better since the Ohlund, Salo, Jovo days.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#64 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

I tell you why you're wrong. You tell people to stop posting. There's a big difference.

If people think I'm a troll because they don't like my opinion, then I'm sorry that reality is so damned upsetting to you all. At any rate, it's quite comical to see you AV lovers collectively collapse the same way he does. None of you have anything to say but the same old "we just won 6" and "we were at the SCF 2 seasons ago" routine.

If AV wins a cup with this team, I'll gladly eat my foot. Even more so, however, I'll sit here gladly knowing that will never EVER happen. In the meantime, I sincerely hope people wake up and realize just how terrible a coach AV really is.

It's quite comical to see guys like you preach your opinions and predictions as the end-all be-all truth.

In general, people here freak out way too easily.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#65 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

It's quite comical to see guys like you preach your opinions and predictions as the end-all be-all truth.

I have no problem with people disagreeing and throwing out some good points as to why they disagree. It's the quick "winningest coach" crap that gets to me; or worse, the "one loss stfu" posts.

I'm not freaking out. I've been on this side of this subject for years. I'm not saying that what I say is the be-all end-all truth, but the evidence is there. The only reason I start posting after a loss is because apparently it's against everybody's internal morale for me to say anything when we are winning.

EDIT:

I'm going to add some more stuff to the actual content of why AV is a bad coach. Tonight, he was asked about the Dallas fights (unless it was a replay of an interview last night..). He said he didn't even ask the players. WHY THE HELL don't you ask your players why they get in 3 consecutive fights while the momentum is in our favor? WHY? WHY!? WHY WHY WHY!

AV is a bad coach.

Edited by Joe_Shmo, 18 February 2013 - 12:39 AM.

Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#66 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

I would like to know why Ballard isn't getting any PP minutes.
Posted Image

#67 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

I would like to know why Ballard isn't getting any PP minutes.

Something tells me you already know :bigblush:
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#68 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

This team needs new direction already.
Breaks up the one line going good in the third :picard:
Still not using Garrison on the PP? What was the point of signing him?
Once again failure in shoot out due to his shoot out choices?
Still doesn't know how to use % %million dollar defensemen properly?

This team could do what they do with out a coach. The big question is could they do any worse with a new coaching staff and we all know they couldn,t

#69 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Burke/Quinn and Lindy Ruff for GM and Coach :emot-parrot:

#70 BabychStache

BabychStache

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

Yup. It's time. Bring in Ruff.
Posted Image
Credit to Goaltenderinterference for the awesome Sig!

#71 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

I agree with the OP. We're a top 10 NHL team that plays in the weakest division of the NHL. Imagine if another club played 50% of its games against AHL clubs. Then you'd read how easy their schedule is. But because its our team everyone pretends it doesn't happen.

For the past 3 seasons, our division is ridiculously easy. Once again, we're the only division that has every team except the division leader not in a playoff position. Why people choose to ignore the truth is beyond me.

Its way easier for less educated fans to just beleive that our team is still a top cup contender than to actually take a hard and unbiased look at their current sitiation or god forbid to admit that they may need some big adjustments. As has been and will continue to.be demonstrated around here, you cant speak poorly about the canucks because only bandwagoners do that.. regardless of what is said. No, to be a true canucks fan you are required to bury your head in the sand, blame the refs gor losing games, blame the nhl for.there being a bias against the canucks, but never give the team its fair share of.any blame.. they arent the problem ever right?

Seriously., reading.some of.the garbage posted on here is fatiguing mentally.. i really.wish people would actually watch the games instead of basing their opinions entirely on what other people say, off of listening to team 1040 or by simply reading the stats page..

#72 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

No, in general people seem to prefer to just go along with eveeything this team does whether good or bad and never question lest they be labelled a bandwagoner.

And pray tell,.when is a good time for concerned fans to voice their opinions?

After a loss = look at our record / stop whining / haters gonna hate / its only one loss

After a win = what more do you want? / a win is a win / stop being so negetive / fans cant be satisfied.

Honestly Im so bloody tired to read these complacent "fans" around here that are so content to just go along with the process.. obviously the team has issues that need to be resolved but according to some people on here everything is fine and we should all be patient.. well yknow what? I am patient! I just dont want another ten seasons of feasting on the northwest division and then getting ousted early from the playoffs.. meanwhile we are all left, including the team, scratching our heads wondering what happened and then trying it all again with the same plan and outlook.

I have had enough and want something to change simply because as it stands now this team is going nowhere fast. They may win a couple of our upcoming games but I wil bet my gaming pc that they go nowhere in the playoffs again until the coaching staff is changed, the goaltender sitch is figured out, and the team gets a serious fire lit under them.. wjhich it is clear our current coach is either unwilling or unable to do.

Edited by lolwut?, 06 March 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#73 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

No, in general people seem to prefer to just go along with eveeything this team does whether good or bad and never question lest they be labelled a bandwagoner.

And pray tell,.when is a good time for concerned fans to voice their opinions?

After a loss = look at our record / stop whining / haters gonna hate / its only one loss

After a win = what more do you want? / a win is a win / stop being so negetive / fans cant be satisfied.

Honestly Im so bloody tired to read these complacent "fans" around here that are so content to just go along with the process.. obviously the team has issues that need to be resolved but according to some people on here everything is fine and we should all be patient.. well yknow what? I am patient! I just dont want another ten seasons of feasting on the northwest division and then getting ousted early from the playoffs.. meanwhile we are all left, including the team, scratching our heads wondering what happened and then trying it all again with the same plan and outlook.

I have had enough and want something to change simply because as it stands now this team is going nowhere fast. They may win a couple of our upcoming games but I wil bet my gaming pc that they go nowhere in the playoffs again until the coaching staff is changed, the goaltender sitch is figured out, and the team gets a serious fire lit under them.. wjhich it is clear our current coach is either unwilling or unable to do.

But but.... 2 Presidents Trophies and a Jack Adams says hi !!! :bigblush:
That's all they say.

It's like the arguments with Flames fans. Where's your stanley cup?
They dont realize they havent done anything in the last 2 decades

#74 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,586 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

I'm still not sold on it being all AV, although they should look at replacing Brown and Bowness. However if they stick with all three and we lose out in the playoffs again all three have to go or else we're looking at a new GM AND coaching staff in 2 years time.

Either way we need some kind of shake up and it starts at special teams and defense at the very least.

Edited by canuck73_3, 06 March 2013 - 04:01 PM.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#75 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'm still not sold on it being all AV, although they should look at replacing Brown and Bowness. However if they stick with all three and we lose out in the playoffs again all three havve to go or else we're looking at a new GM AND coaching staff in 2 years time.

Either way we need some kind of shake up and it starts at special teams and defense at the very least.

And here I thought I would never agree with you on anything. Completely agree with everything in your post.
Posted Image

#76 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

There doesn't seem to be good reasoning involved in the coaching decisions. Its kind of like when something good starts to happen like Mason Raymond's great play lately, the coaching brain trust starts to tweak or tinker with it. Kassian, Garrison, have all kinds of potential that is not being utilized. Instead we get Edler mistake after Edler mistake, Ballard benched, etc. The goalie contraversy was supposedly fixed with a Luongo trade imminent. Now they have second thought that. On and on it goes. Coaching team is adrift and team can't score anymore. It seems that the team tries to overcome it but it is futile. They have lost their swagger and winning ways. Fire the coach. He has had more than his chance.

#77 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,426 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

The GM has been as much to blame as Vigneault.

Look what kind of players he brought after our Stanley Cup final loss.
Posted Image

#78 VCanucks69

VCanucks69

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Saying bring in Ruff cause he is the latest name out there is not well thought out.

Does anyone know how good a coach he actually is, how he is with the players. What has he accomplished and what exactly makes him a good coach? If you could add anything to that other then Ruff > AV, id love to hear it.

Jumping on the Ruff bandwagon when you know zero about him is a pretty weak call.

#79 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

You forgot Mike Keenan.

#80 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

But but.... 2 Presidents Trophies and a Jack Adams says hi !!! :bigblush:
That's all they say.

It's like the arguments with Flames fans. Where's your stanley cup?
They dont realize they havent done anything in the last 2 decades

I'll trade you your 2 useless presidents trophies and jack Adams awards for just one Stanley Cup. Any true hockey fan would.

#81 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Even Stanley Cup winning coaches get fired.

Don't bring up the president's trophies and jack adams.

#82 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

I ve concluded a change won't happen unless they miss the playoffs or exit early. Gillis is way too patient

#83 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

AV has even got Burrows off his game now. Is AV slowly losing his team? Remember this is the guy that thought Luongo having the C was a good idea. I think AV has become stagnant, he has nothing left. Maybe he has to stop relying on Burrows to get them moving.The chemistry is not what it was.Sure we see some flashes of genius once in a while from the Sedins but you can just tell they are able to lose any game where it used to be the other way.

#84 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'll trade you your 2 useless presidents trophies and jack Adams awards for just one Stanley Cup. Any true hockey fan would.

There seem to be some Canucks fans who would be happy to trade the 2 President's trophies and Jack Adams for President's Choice and Jack Daniels.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#85 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Maybe the 3 coaches are working against each other. The players just go on the ice and do their thing. No cohesion, no swagger, no nothing, its now just a mediocre team and quite rudderless.

#86 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

IMO Gillis screwed up when Cody Hodgson was traded. Right before that time if you check the numbers we were absolutely rolling on all cylinders and scoring goals. Right after the trade we began to sputter and get dusted out of the playoffs. Kassian was not an immediate impact player as sold to fans. Now we are struggling just to even make the playoffs with very little likelyhood to contend. Yes I'm playing the CH card... Again. But that's where I see everything start to go downhill.

Got to blame Gillis. And until I looked back I was one of his biggest supporters.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#87 van_ws

van_ws

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

IMO Gillis screwed up when Cody Hodgson was traded. Right before that time if you check the numbers we were absolutely rolling on all cylinders and scoring goals. Right after the trade we began to sputter and get dusted out of the playoffs. Kassian was not an immediate impact player as sold to fans. Now we are struggling just to even make the playoffs with very little likelyhood to contend. Yes I'm playing the CH card... Again. But that's where I see everything start to go downhill.

Got to blame Gillis. And until I looked back I was one of his biggest supporters.

Great post. Agreed 100%. The Hodgson trade just killed everything.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.