The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching staff needs a shake up!

cc_devil

Not to mention that team does not know how to produce offense without the defense under this system.

Exactly why the offense disappears in the playoffs. The defense is forced to defend and is being spread out. Preventing them form being involved in the play as seen in how many playoff games now. This team is unable to produce by forwards alone under the coaching staff system, when they have the talent and skill but lack direction.

Av and his staff have proven they are unable to adapt as the lack the offensive mind set. With the talent this team has up front you can't help but blame the obvious, the coaching and his staff.

I've been wondering how long are they going to keep the defence by committee mentality?

Not saying they need to sign a "#1" guy. But maybe the problem is if you don't have that competition level within the D, nobody is going to step up? Vigneault/Bowness have been in charge of D since 2006..... and the D really isn't much better since the Ohlund, Salo, Jovo days.

I tell you why you're wrong. You tell people to stop posting. There's a big difference.

If people think I'm a troll because they don't like my opinion, then I'm sorry that reality is so damned upsetting to you all. At any rate, it's quite comical to see you AV lovers collectively collapse the same way he does. None of you have anything to say but the same old "we just won 6" and "we were at the SCF 2 seasons ago" routine.

If AV wins a cup with this team, I'll gladly eat my foot. Even more so, however, I'll sit here gladly knowing that will never EVER happen. In the meantime, I sincerely hope people wake up and realize just how terrible a coach AV really is.

• 3 weeks later...

This team needs new direction already.

Breaks up the one line going good in the third :picard:

Still not using Garrison on the PP? What was the point of signing him?

Once again failure in shoot out due to his shoot out choices?

Still doesn't know how to use % %million dollar defensemen properly?

This team could do what they do with out a coach. The big question is could they do any worse with a new coaching staff and we all know they couldn,t

I agree with the OP. We're a top 10 NHL team that plays in the weakest division of the NHL. Imagine if another club played 50% of its games against AHL clubs. Then you'd read how easy their schedule is. But because its our team everyone pretends it doesn't happen.

For the past 3 seasons, our division is ridiculously easy. Once again, we're the only division that has every team except the division leader not in a playoff position. Why people choose to ignore the truth is beyond me.

No, in general people seem to prefer to just go along with eveeything this team does whether good or bad and never question lest they be labelled a bandwagoner.

And pray tell,.when is a good time for concerned fans to voice their opinions?

After a loss = look at our record / stop whining / haters gonna hate / its only one loss

After a win = what more do you want? / a win is a win / stop being so negetive / fans cant be satisfied.

Honestly Im so bloody tired to read these complacent "fans" around here that are so content to just go along with the process.. obviously the team has issues that need to be resolved but according to some people on here everything is fine and we should all be patient.. well yknow what? I am patient! I just dont want another ten seasons of feasting on the northwest division and then getting ousted early from the playoffs.. meanwhile we are all left, including the team, scratching our heads wondering what happened and then trying it all again with the same plan and outlook.

I have had enough and want something to change simply because as it stands now this team is going nowhere fast. They may win a couple of our upcoming games but I wil bet my gaming pc that they go nowhere in the playoffs again until the coaching staff is changed, the goaltender sitch is figured out, and the team gets a serious fire lit under them.. wjhich it is clear our current coach is either unwilling or unable to do.

I'm still not sold on it being all AV, although they should look at replacing Brown and Bowness. However if they stick with all three and we lose out in the playoffs again all three have to go or else we're looking at a new GM AND coaching staff in 2 years time.

Either way we need some kind of shake up and it starts at special teams and defense at the very least.

I'm still not sold on it being all AV, although they should look at replacing Brown and Bowness. However if they stick with all three and we lose out in the playoffs again all three havve to go or else we're looking at a new GM AND coaching staff in 2 years time.

Either way we need some kind of shake up and it starts at special teams and defense at the very least.

There doesn't seem to be good reasoning involved in the coaching decisions. Its kind of like when something good starts to happen like Mason Raymond's great play lately, the coaching brain trust starts to tweak or tinker with it. Kassian, Garrison, have all kinds of potential that is not being utilized. Instead we get Edler mistake after Edler mistake, Ballard benched, etc. The goalie contraversy was supposedly fixed with a Luongo trade imminent. Now they have second thought that. On and on it goes. Coaching team is adrift and team can't score anymore. It seems that the team tries to overcome it but it is futile. They have lost their swagger and winning ways. Fire the coach. He has had more than his chance.

But but.... 2 Presidents Trophies and a Jack Adams says hi !!! :bigblush:

That's all they say.

It's like the arguments with Flames fans. Where's your stanley cup?

They dont realize they havent done anything in the last 2 decades

Archived