The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo to start vs. Blues

-Vintage Canuck-

The game they obviously want to worry about is against the Hawks - who still haven't lost in regulation. Lu would likely play in that one. He should aim to completely shut out that team, since Crawford only gives up 1.35 GAA. Kesler should aim for full strength - slot him on a line with Schroeder and Raymond (or Hansen).

I actually give the 1994 team lots of credit, they were expected to do nothing and ended up taking the Presidents Trophy winners to the wire. The 2011 team did somewhat the opposite. Either way we lost both times and there is no parade to celebrate winning the Campbell Bowl. Getting to game 7 and losing is still losing, sorry to break that to you.

That's the problem with you and people like yourself, all you're looking for is bragging rights.

If it was as easy as you make it sound atleast 1 team would have figured it out and consistantly be winning Stanley Cups.

To say making it to the SCF game 7 isn't an accomplishment is a joke.

The way you talk about the Canucks....you don't deserve a SC celebration or the bragging rights that come with it.

That's the problem with you and people like yourself, all you're looking for is bragging rights.

If it was as easy as you make it sound atleast 1 team would have figured it out and consistantly be winning Stanley Cups.

To say making it to the SCF game 7 isn't an accomplishment is a joke.

The way you talk about the Canucks....you don't deserve a SC celebration or the bragging rights that come with it.

Some bragging rights would be nice but that's not my top priority. I've been cheering for this team since the playoffs of 1989, I watched Joel Otto kick in the game 7 OT winner against the Canucks and then eventually had to watch the stupid Flames win the cup that year. More than anything I want the Canucks to win at least 1 Stanley Cup in my lifetime because of all the time invested and the heartbreak experienced. I may not always love all of the players on the Canucks but I've loved the team since before I was seven years old and will never stop. The Canucks franchise no matter who's on the team and their fans deserve a Stanley Cup to hang their hat on.

As for making it to Game 7 of the SCF, as I said in a previous post, that was an accomplishment for the '94 team, no doubt about it. They played their guts out and lost to the Presidents Trophy winners at Madison Square Garden by 1 lousy goal in Game 7. The same cannot be said for the 2011 team, sorry.

Archived