The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver / Ottawa

oldnews

Ottawa - Booth and Weise

Vancouver - Neil and Jim O'Brien

Ottawa gets a top 6 when they have lost so much scoring punch, and a depth RW to compensate for the loss of Niel.

Vancouver sheds a bit of cap, gets coveted depth punch in Neil, and a strong young two way center for depth after the loss of Manny.

If it's between Booth and Higgins, I'd rather keep Higgins for his two way play and his reasonable cap hit.

Ottawa, without Spezza and Michalek, and losing Alfredsson in the offseason, might be interested in a top six like Booth, and to pry Neil out of there, I don't think the price would be cheap.

Neil as far as I'm concerned has more of an intimidating pushback presence than Torres and would be the kind of presence the Canucks could really use, and if we're not moving Luongo this year, I'd like a young NHL ready center like O'Brien who is a strong defensive and physical presence for depth for the 3rd and 4th lines.

Yeah I agree with allkill326.

Booth is the best of all the guys, not really interested in trading him as he adds an element of strength, speed and power we lack.

And I Doubt Ottawa trades Neil aswell. Seems like a guy who would take an overpayment to snatch since he is so beloved in Ottawa by both fans, the coaching staff and the management.

Would love to get Neil but he's a fan favourite there I doubt he is moved. I would be more interested in Zack Smith he's a beast 3C

I would do Ballard Higg for

Neil + Smith

Then deal a goalie and bring back a right shooting D and a prospect. There is also cap space for a 4-5 mill rental.

Lineup

Sedins Burr

Booth Kes Schredder

Raymond Smith Kass

Hansen Maxlap Neil

Our bottom 6 Could easily both Play 10mins a game. There are 4 wingers in the bottom 6 that could easily be shuffled up without looking out of place. We have 1 offenceive line to take left side facoffs and another to take the right side in the O zone and same for the D zone. Essentially we have a 1st line 2nd line and 2 3rd lines with Weise Patti and possibly Pinner ready to be called up if any of our bottom 6 need to be moved up the lineup. This team doesn't get out muscled.

Archived