• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

On a serious note how about

Luongo Schroeder 3rd

For

Reinhart cizikas 1st

Sound fair?

Reinhart's the centerpiece for luongo, we throw in our best offensive centre prospect and it evens out the 1st round pick and downgrade in cizikas. Cizikas suits our needs better though anyways. Give them a 3rd because they aren't Toronto.

Cizikas suits our needs better and immediately takes schroeders spot in the depth chart. Better 3c and gives gaunce time to develop.

New York doesn't have to gut their team chemistry to get a goalie and have enough depth to cover the loss in youth and still gain Schroeder in the end.

We get a future stud D for corrado to play with and another first to play with.

Would the isles take it or am I out to lunch?

Well how high can Snow be on Reinhart?
Apparently he was willing to give him up and every other pick they had last year to get Murray.
Anyway, I dunno, but your proposal seems reasonable to me! The Isles would have enough youth depth at C to move one for another top notch blueline prospect.
Can we take Nabokov's expiring contract off their hands too?

#3032 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

Future lineup with that trade. For fun ill say we draft domi with that 1st

Raymond kesler kassian
Jensen Gaunce Hansen
Domi cizikas weise
Blomstrand Lain Mallet

Edler Tanev
Reinhart Corrado
Hamhuis Sauve

#3033 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

Well how high can Snow be on Reinhart?
Apparently he was willing to give him up and every other pick they had last year to get Murray.
Anyway, I dunno, but your proposal seems reasonable to me! The Isles would have enough youth depth at C to move one for another top notch blueline prospect.
Can we take Nabokov's expiring contract off their hands too?

Ya we really have no idea how snow values him. He's a bit of an oddball.. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we caught him slippin and totally fleeced him.

He's a former goalie right.. He might hold Lu in pretty high regard and make a real compromise. Try and squeeze Martin out of him too. Guys a beauty

#3034 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Perhaps we could sub Connauton for Schroeder and take out the pick...(since the Isles don't really need a young C and if we landed Reinhart, Connauton would be buried here)...
Luo, Connauton
Reinhart, Cizikas, Nabokov

#3035 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Perhaps we could sub Connauton for Schroeder and take out the pick...(since the Isles don't really need a young C and if we landed Reinhart, Connauton would be buried here)...
Luo, Connauton

Sign me up, that's a hell of a deal. Isn't a put us over the top deal but gives us an NHL ready bottom six centre and a future star defenseman.. That's a solidified top 4 for the next 10 years at the very least.

#3036 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,925 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Don't know if you guys saw the floaters gettin' by Garon tonite-even though they won. New coach & all-maybe quietly Yzerman will try to swoop in?

It's interesting how many teams may suddenly be in need...very interesting.

#3037 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

Don't know if you guys saw the floaters gettin' by Garon tonite-even though they won. New coach & all-maybe quietly Yzerman will try to swoop in?

It's interesting how many teams may suddenly be in need...very interesting.

Teams not in the playoff hunt, like TB, won't likely be making any moves at the deadline. Yzerman will probably ride out the year and enjoy a high draft pic, and try and fix holes in the summer. Trouble is MG will be against the wall big time in the summer

#3038 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

I think an eastern club not named the Laffs could walk away with Luo as the Leafs kick and kick and kick tires.

Philly and the Isles both have the assets to get it done - and in both cases, I don't believe they'll necessarily wait for the offseason to add a goaltender if they feel Luo is as good as anyone else to hit the market.

In the case of the Islanders, a move right now might make the most sense as they're tied for the 8 spot. They also have the futures to make other additions to improve their chances of making the playoffs this year. A little forward momentum for them before their move could pay off significantly, and playoff games aren't bad for revenues, particularly if the Rangers wound up on the outside looking in. That'd be a lot of attention shifting to Long Island. Nabokov, Cizikas, A prospect/pick.

Philly is out of the race, but that may actually enable them as much as anything else. It's not inconceivable that Holmgren starts the selling when the selling is high - at the TD - imo it won't be as opportune in the summer when the cap space fire sales are in full swing. He could move an expensive or aging asset or two, and pick up Luo to finally give them some known quantity in goal, while dealing with Bryzgalov later. The Flyers have youth on their roster, but their prospect pool is weak.

Briere persuaded to go to Boston for Khokhlachev and a 1st.

Hartnell to the Habs for Jarred Tinordi and a pick or prospect.

Meszaros or Grossman for futures.

Luo, Connauton for Couturier, Talbot. :ph34r:

I think you can build a non hockey deal for Lou to the Isles. They are moving to Brooklyn and a high profile goalie would help with sales. Even better that the Isles are still in contention this year. I had the same thoughts with Florida but dealing for Lou priot to the deadine made less sense since a losing streak going into the off season might hurt any benefit they got by acquiring him. The Isles on the otherhand could play the string out with Lou and even if they failed to make playoffs could claim the college try. The added incentive is as you suggested the Isles making playoffs and the Rangers not.

#3039 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Luo, Connauton

Nice deal for Van. What side does Reinhart play? I am not seeing many reports on K-Conn this year. His stats have fallen off but usually that isn't the whole story. My take is that the Wolves are not a good situation this year. I also like the idea of a WHL and BC boy coming home to play.

#3040 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Nice deal for Van. What side does Reinhart play? I am not seeing many reports on K-Conn this year. His stats have fallen off but usually that isn't the whole story. My take is that the Wolves are not a good situation this year. I also like the idea of a WHL and BC boy coming home to play.

Overpayment for the NYI. Cizikas' already an NHL player who will be a top 6 forward. Reinhart a #4 overall last year and Naby a serviceable backup who can be #1 for injury stints. Connauton is not looking like an NHL player and at best, projects as a 5/6 dman. Big losses for NYI all to get Lu's big, freakin' contract? Just because NYI have a boatload of young talent doesn't mean they want to throw it away.

I could see them wanting Schneids in that trade, but I pray that doesn't happen.

#3041 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Shoots left so possibly a good partner for tanev or corrado in the future. Lu and Kconn for Rienhart Cizikas and Nabokov would be a dream if it wen through.. If it took Schroeder to push the deal through instead of Connaughton I would do it but ask for something else in return. Martin? Or a first maybe depending how bad they wanted Schroeder.

Cizikas would be a good lapierre replacement if he walks in the offseason. Not very big but a little more talented then your average 4th liner. Getting him to build chemistry with weise on the 4th line starting next year would be good as they will both probably max out as third liners together.

Not that I want to get rid of lappy or anything but if it means we can keep mayray and Higgins I don't mind switch lappy to cizikas.

#3042 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

I don't think the Islanders are going to be our trading partners come wednesday.

toronto, maybe washington are probably the only two teams willing to trade with us (depending on MG's demands for Lu)

#3043 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

I think Nino would be more available than Reinhart. And as much as we would love some of those young players from the Isles, they seem to be building through those young players so I'm not sure how much they want to part with them. It depends on how desperate the Isles are for goaltending.

I think if a deal were to happening with the Isles for a player like a Strome or Nino or Reinhart, we would have to take DiPietro's buried contract back. If you think our goaltending cap is bad, just think how it would look with Luongo and DiPietro on their payroll.

Edited by Karlsson`s Flo, 30 March 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#3044 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

I don't think the Islanders are going to be our trading partners come wednesday.

toronto, maybe washington are probably the only two teams willing to trade with us (depending on MG's demands for Lu)

enlighten us as to why you think the isles won't be trading partners? Not that I think he'll go there, but I think they're a very real option

#3045 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

I think Nino would be more available than Reinhart. And as much as we would love some of those young players from the Isles, they seem to be building through those young players so I'm not sure how much they want to part with them. It depends on how desperate the Isles are for goaltending.

I think if a deal were to happening with the Isles for a player like a Strome or Nino or Reinhart, we would have to take DiPietro's buried contract back. If you think our goaltending cap is bad, just think how it would look with Luongo and DiPietro on their payroll.

I think they'd send Nabby back........they'll buy Dipietro out with the amnesty buyout, imo

#3046 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

enlighten us as to why you think the isles won't be trading partners? Not that I think he'll go there, but I think they're a very real option

If Gillis is looking for a 3rd line center for Luongo come this deadline, I don't believe Isles would have what we want. Cizikas is a nice player, but I think he's too small for the role that we would want him to play.

#3047 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

If Gillis is looking for a 3rd line center for Luongo come this deadline, I don't believe Isles would have what we want. Cizikas is a nice player, but I think he's too small for the role that we would want him to play.

I'm not sure why people think we need a 3rd line C...........when Kes comes back, I would think AV will keep the Ray-Schr-Hansen line together.........they have given me no reason to think that they won't be a solid line from here on out.

#3048 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I still don't c luongo waiving to go to Toronto...

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#3049 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

What makes you so sure he wouldn't? Go back to sleep.

I'm awake now ... easy answer: if you were Luongo, would you? I rest my case.

#3050 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'm awake now ... easy answer: if you were Luongo, would you? I rest my case.

I'm not Luongo. Neither are you. You have no case.

#3051 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'm not sure why people think we need a 3rd line C...........when Kes comes back, I would think AV will keep the Ray-Schr-Hansen line together.........they have given me no reason to think that they won't be a solid line from here on out.

I agree with you.. I think acquiring a clowe or someone would be much more useful to us in the playoffs. Someone that will make a different impact. Clowe brings playoff nastiness that I'm sure would rub off on kassian and others.

Our team is already really good defensively, without kesler, just look how we're winning games. All on great defense and keeping shots to the outside... We still have a selke winner to add to the team

IMO making some noise this year in the playoffs is not going to come from a 3rd line defensive centre. We're already good at shutting good teams down. Making some noise is going to come from adding an element we don't have, an intangible like the nastiness of Ryane Clowe that rubs off on the team or a pure goal scorer, sniper like gaborik.. I like the idea of adding nastiness because he would come much cheaper as a ufa.

Clowe Kesler Kassian
Ray schray Hansen

Ray kesler Hansen
Higgins bozak kassian

Close call but I think I like the clowe lineup better

#3052 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Again I agree. It takes some serious guts to put a Selke defensive center like Kesler on 3C duty but it is in fact the most important forward position of the playoffs. Kesler could be that part the Canucks need and don't have. With Schroeder as 2C, the Canucks gain the effectiveness of Hansen, Raymond and the best third line in the playoffs by virtue of having Kesler on as 3C.

Put a non-passing Kesler as 2C and lose Hansen, Raymond and a super effective third line.

This way, there is even less urgency to trade Luongo for a mediocre return that won't pan out come short time, the Canucks retain an excellent insurance policy in case Schneider is in over his head, and the returns for either Schneider or Luongo in a summer deal far outweigh a deadline return in a non-goaltender market.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 30 March 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#3053 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Isn't this a little selective even for you? I would expect that type of answer from smurf47. But from you? Surprising.

#3054 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Again I agree. It takes some serious guts to put a Selke defensive center like Kesler on 3C duty but it is in fact the most important forward position of the playoffs. Kesler could be that part the Canucks need and don't have. With Schroeder as 2C, the Canucks gain the effectiveness of Hansen, Raymond and the best third line in the playoffs by virtue of having Kesler on as 3C.

Put a non-passing Kesler as 2C and lose Hansen, Raymond and a super effective third line.

This way, there is even less urgency to trade Luongo for a mediocre return that won't pan out come short time, the Canucks retain an excellent insurance policy in case Schneider is in over his head, and the returns for either Schneider or Luongo in a summer deal far outweigh a deadline return in a non-goaltender market.

You had me until there........time to let it go.

I think there's a 50/50 chance of Lu being moved on this week, if not, I do think they might make a minor move.......Kes needs a player to play with who can feed him the puck. I like kass with him, but they need another guy there.

#3055 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Isn't this a little selective even for you? I would expect that type of answer from smurf47. But from you? Surprising.

I'd say it's a statement of fact in response to someone who presumes to speak for Luongo - not "selective" at all. No one here really knows who Luongo would waive for. I see no reason to believe that Toronto or Washington or even Philadelphia would be more attractive to Luongo that Luong Island... The Islanders have by far the best prospects of any of those teams, and their young roster has them on the cusp of a playoff birth. Anyone care to explain what makes the Islanders so unattractive?

#3056 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'd say it's a statement of fact in response to someone who presumes to speak for Luongo - not "selective" at all. No one here really knows who Luongo would waive for. I see no reason to believe that Toronto or Washington or even Philadelphia would be more attractive to Luongo that Luong Island... The Islanders have by far the best prospects of any of those teams, and their young roster has them on the cusp of a playoff birth. Anyone care to explain what makes the Islanders so unattractive?

I agree completely. I actually think the Isles would be on a short list for Luongo.

#3057 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

I agree with you.. I think acquiring a clowe or someone would be much more useful to us in the playoffs. Someone that will make a different impact. Clowe brings playoff nastiness that I'm sure would rub off on kassian and others.

Our team is already really good defensively, without kesler, just look how we're winning games. All on great defense and keeping shots to the outside... We still have a selke winner to add to the team

IMO making some noise this year in the playoffs is not going to come from a 3rd line defensive centre. We're already good at shutting good teams down. Making some noise is going to come from adding an element we don't have, an intangible like the nastiness of Ryane Clowe that rubs off on the team or a pure goal scorer, sniper like gaborik.. I like the idea of adding nastiness because he would come much cheaper as a ufa.

Clowe Kesler Kassian
Ray schray Hansen

Ray kesler Hansen
Higgins bozak kassian

Close call but I think I like the clowe lineup better

Where did Higgins go?
What's the price for Clowe?

Imo, even with Booth out of the lineup, the least of this team's needs are a LW tweener.
The concern I have with Clowe is that he plays with an extremely talented top 6 in San Jose - how do you go 27 games without a goal in that context? It's worthless to speculate, but sounds ike something fundamentally wrong there.

As far as I'm concerned, the team has two weaker spots.
When Henrik is taking last minute defensive zone faceoffs with a one goal lead, we have a short term condition that is acceptable, but beyond short term, it's a definite problem - and Kesler's return and health cannot be assumed.
Second, this team has needed to depend upon Cam Barker at times. Again, ok in the short run, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to depend upon him in the playoffs.
Don't see Clowe as an upgrade over Higgins, and don't see him warranting the price, certainly not under these circumstances.
Two way center, right side defensive depth are greater priorities. If those are addressed, and Clowe is added at a reasonable price, great. But Clowe imo is a sidebar.

#3058 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Keep reading, appears no one else buys into your crap either...and THATS not surprising...pitiful.

#3059 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

You're not Gillis but yet you propose trades with NYI involving Luongo.
I'm not Luongo so I can propose that he won't accept a trade there.
Wake up ... this is the world of forums.

#3060 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

The thing is, Schroeder is a bit of a question come playoff time. He is still a rookie remember and we may need a insurance policy in case he can't handle the physicality come playoff time. That's my reasoning for needing a third line center I think that's Gillis' as well. Before this year, Gillis always stocked up on D for the injuries that happen in a playoff run. It seems this year we need to stock up on centermen.

Also, did you notice last game that when the Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen wasn't doing anything, Schroeder was dropped to forth line and replaced by Lappy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.