The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Defense pairings

bluesman60

Nice to see Hamhuis - Bieksa back as a pairing. Hopefully they click like we all know they can. On the other hand, it's sad to see the Ballard - Tanev pairing split, but it makes sense to try these pairing out tonight.

Poor Ballard. Garrison has made every D partner he's played with look horrible on numerous occasions.

Edit: If Garrison doesn't pan out for us, then I say we buy him out and as somebody mentioned above, we get a gritty and reliable RIGHT SHOT defenseman.

Imo, AV experimenting at this point and seeing how they respond makes sense - they may have to resort to different pairings later on due to injury, and they're better off getting this under their belts sooner rather than later.

I find the talk of a Garrison buyout hilarious - impatient and way overdone.

Edler's play much better back on the left side with Tanev steadying him down - how this kid does that is pretty damned amazing. I do beieve a couple of people on CDC were calling for that, props to them. And Ballard, now that he is on his game doesn;t seem to have any problem playing on the right - at least not tonite. The defence had a few lost checks tonite, but nothing like the fire-drill of the past few games - though I guess playing Chicago just might do that to a team - but all those breakaways in Chicago? The Hawks just aren't that good, and we aren't that bad.

The hate for garrison is unreal on here...but regardless lets say he never picks it up, we haft to deal or buy out one or both of Ballard and garrison .....botch said it best we have 5 d-men being payed +4m and 4 of them are better on the left side, something has to be done

I am disgusted with having 8.8m on the third pair when this team has needs...not to mention having 5.3m tweeting on the bench

Archived