The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Prognosticating(trial run)

gmen81

I am copying this game from another site and I enjoy playing it. So I figured I would do a trial run on here and see if you guys are interested.

What is Hockey Prognosticating?

In the game, participants pick the winners of a set of hockey games in a particular week and are placed in a knock-out system. Beat your opponent and move onto to the next round. It's easy, all you have to do is predict the winner of the match, the margin, and sometimes the score for a set of games listed.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker featuring winning margins or correct score will decide who moves on to the next round.

How to Sign-Up:

Just post here that you would like to play ("Im IN").

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the "GAME LIST" is ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every game on the list! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [HPT]. Picks must be sent in by the deadline stated in the GAME LIST.

How the GAME LIST Works

Code:

EXPLANATION:

GAME LIST

VANCOUVER at WINNIPEG MA2

EDMONTON at CALGARY MA1 PTS

Game with MA after it's name - Pick the winner and the margin (Ex: Vancouver 2)

Game with PTS after it's name - Pick the correct score (Ex: Edmonton 6-3)

If this is successful we will have rankings and will crown a winner at the end of the season.

16 people can join

Some more info:

Intro - Seeing the success of picking games in all sports on this board, I thought we should have a year-round hockey prognosticating competition. It'll be modelled similar to tennis where you, the player, can sign-up for any tournament you want, commit for that week, and accumulate points throughout the year. One tournament could have 16,32 or 64 players and a champion would be crowned and points awarded. There will be tournaments larger than others and we'll try to have Four Grand Slams as well. This will be called the HPT (Hockey Prognosticating Tour)

The hockey season in general runs from September to April (the end of the 1st round of Stanley Cup Playoffs which would be our year-end championships for the top ranked 32).

I want to find out who the best hockey prognosticator on CDC really is. Is it you?

I know it's a bit confusing at first but do not fear, if you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread or sent me a PM.

Right now we have 9 people. Trying to figure out how it will work with 9 people might be difficult, so we need at least 12 or 8. If no one else signs up then I will be the 10th team. The top 2 teams will get bye(chosen at random)

Archived