The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider: Quote of the day on NHL.com

'NucK™

This was such a blatant obvious PR cry, that I can't even take Schneider seriously any more.

Everyone knows you played average, there's nothing else he could have said. You're tired of giving up 3 goals a game? So play better. Don't talk about it on the media. Go in there and show it in games. As far as record goes, Luongo >>>>>> Schenider this season.

The problem isn't the goalie though. It's how the team is structured. Even Schneid admitted. If the goalie's (that goes for Luongo too) do not play as the best goalie in the world, the team loses. That's horrible way to play the game. Essentially you're playing a game where you're scared of losing. That's not the way you can. Typical though, because that's the game plan that the best coaching staff (who according to CDC is the best ever and can't be replaced) brings every night. He has hammered into his player's head that to win you waste as much time as you can on the ice playing keepaway. Meaning dump the puck and hope that the other team has no memorized your game play.

I know no one here would ever second guess AV, :shock: but...

If I were him, I'd sit the skaters down somewhere, (minus the goalies) quietly acknowledge them as the veteran professionals they are, capable in all on ice situations, and point out that they have had times in recent memory when they've been able to cruise past opponents based solely on skill. I'd ask them if any of them would like a latte or a mocchacino or some lingonberries...

Then I would politely query them as to "When they planned to Torterella! F-Bomb! F-Bomb! F-Bomb! show up for an entire Boudreau!-Boudreau! 60 minutes of Laviolette-ing! F-Bomb! hockey, instead of Torts! embarrassing ourselves and hanging our Gosh-Darn! goalies out to dry for the first 10 minutes of each Boudreau! game?"

...or I'd let Lou take the hit vs LA, and let Cory run with ~2/3 of the games from Calgary onward.

If the pressure really is getting to him.. then he's not as cool as a cucumber most of you saying he is.. and onces luongo is gone hows he gonna handle the increase pressure from the fans when they dont perform well? This goalie trade will probably be the key trade for gillis.. either he get praise if he makes the right one or fired if he trades the wrong one.

Personally, I'd continue to alternate them back and forth, never telling anyone who the team's #1 is and definately never letting either of them play a string of games in a row or get into a groove of any kind. All we really need to do is let the media circus continue because, as we all know, its great for the psyche of our goaltenders. Then just sit back and wait for one of them to get completely fed up with the situation and demand a trade amidst a big public fiasco. With the ultimate decision completely taken out of our hands, we can then trade that goalie for a massively underwhelming return. Just like that, we've got a brand new 3rd round pick for the wolves!As a bonus, the rest of the team can use the whole situation as a distraction from the rigours of their on-ice endeavors. and they will all be well rested for next year due to our coinciding first round elimination.

Archived