The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You severely underate Alzner and Carlson my friend. They're like what, 21 or something and they're able to shut down guys like Crosby/Malkin etc.

Put one of them with Edler, and you have one of the best pairings in the league. Kesler is overrated, he hasn't been the same since 2 years ago. Booth has no trade value, why do you think he went for Samuelsson and Sturm? LOL

Gives us flexibility on the cap too, maybe make a run for Perry/Iginla/Getzlaf.

I think you are seriously overrating Alzner and Carlson my friend. If they were that great, Washington wouldn't be the last place team in the leauge. Kesler has been injured a few times after his Selke winning season. Aside from Datsyuk, Kesler has been the only one who has displaced him in recent years as a Selke winner. You don't trade that type of player because of one bad season. If you were the GM, we probably would've lost the Sedins many years ago.

Now that am looking back on this, maybe we should've traded for that package. Just imagine getting Schenn and Kadri, then inHi another trade, we would exchange Schenn with JVR. We would've had both Kadri and JVR which are the only reason the Leafs are doing good this season.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kadri-JVR-Booth

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lappiere-Kassian

Kesler - IR

Then when the playoffs roll around, we would just switch Schroeder with Kesler who would play the more defensive role.

No he does not.

If both goalies were doing amazing, if Kesler and Booth were doing amazing and if we were running away with out division/league (which we are not) then Gillis would hold all the cards. Also, if like 8 teams seriously needed an upgrade in their goaltending, then he would hold even more cards. As of now TB, WSH, CBJ, FLA badly need goaltending so bad that it is dragging their teams to the bottom of the standings, EDM with good goaltending would make the playoffs no problem.

But nobody is biting on Luo- Gillis has said that he is receiving offers but nothing is "imminent" and he has been saying this since Luongo nixed the TO trade at the draft.

If you think Gillis holds all the cards, then you are a middle schooler who does not quite get what is going on.

Nucks are in trouble. It is time to trade Cory for a good young center and a first round pick

Cory Schnieder is a young goalie. He has proved that he can be the #1 goalie here in Vancouver.I dont think for a second that he will go. If he does that would be a shocker,. I dont think that goaltending is the problem in vancouver tho.There are other areas that the team could be better. We got two goalies that you just cant replace if they go.They can both be starting goalies for are team.

Cory Schnieder is a young goalie. He has proved that he can be the #1 goalie here in Vancouver.I dont think for a second that he will go. If he does that would be a shocker,. I dont think that goaltending is the problem in vancouver tho.There are other areas that the team could be better. We got two goalies that you just cant replace if they go.They can both be starting goalies for are team.

Do you even watch hockey or just look at stats? Goaltending isn't the reason they are at the bottom of the league. It's a combination of OVI, backstrom both not playing great. The D have been terrible, Brooks Liach hasn't played a game yet, they takes atleast two 5 on 3's per game. Their PK has sucked. Holtby hasn't been unreal but he hasn't had much help either and not as bad as his stats would show. Could they use an upgrade? sure. But if any body wants to say goaltending is the reason why WSH is doing so bad, well then they better be able to admit that Luongo was also the reason canucks didn't win in the finals.

Old Canuck fan living in New Zealand. I don't normally post, as I like reading what others say more, but for this thread, I'll make an exception. I can actually see a situation in which the Canuck management/owners do the following:

1. Tell themselves that they have a great chance to win now once the team if fully healthy, so they need to do the best they can for the team moving forward.

2. Trade Schneider to get the piece(s) the team needs to play any team's game come the playoffs, incudling an experienced backup.

3. At the same time, tell Luongo that they guarantee that the end of the season they will buy him out, giving him the freedom to choose where he wants to play.

4. Hopefully, Cup won at the end of the playoffs. At this point, Canucks have that experienced backup and Lack et al to think about for next season, and some space to, barring other trades and buyouts, rebuild from the goalline out.

Would Luongo go for it? If he knew that what he wanted, freedom to move anywhere his heart desired, would come at the end of a successful season, then yes, I think he may just give it his all one more time for the team. Thoughts?

Old Canuck fan living in New Zealand. I don't normally post, as I like reading what others say more, but for this thread, I'll make an exception. I can actually see a situation in which the Canuck management/owners do the following:

1. Tell themselves that they have a great chance to win now once the team if fully healthy, so they need to do the best they can for the team moving forward.

2. Trade Schneider to get the piece(s) the team needs to play any team's game come the playoffs, incudling an experienced backup.

3. At the same time, tell Luongo that they guarantee that the end of the season they will buy him out, giving him the freedom to choose where he wants to play.

4. Hopefully, Cup won at the end of the playoffs. At this point, Canucks have that experienced backup and Lack et al to think about for next season, and some space to, barring other trades and buyouts, rebuild from the goalline out.

Would Luongo go for it? If he knew that what he wanted, freedom to move anywhere his heart desired, would come at the end of a successful season, then yes, I think he may just give it his all one more time for the team. Thoughts?

Seriously both goalies are awesome. I don't care who we keep & I think tonight's game is a test of depth. If calls have been coming in then some also for Luongo. Both are good assets to other teams.

If MG gets a deal he can't resist for Cory or LUOGO a trade will go down. I just don't see any players available that makes him want to trade them. Picks and prospects don't cut it, we need to win now.

If I were MG and he considered trading schneider than I wouldn't settle for anything less than a Carlson, or Couturier.

To Wash

Schneider

Raymond

Weise

To Van

Carlson

Brouwer

Neuvirth

OR

To Philly

Schneider

Ballard