The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Ryane Clowe

Alright, so first off I have to be totally honest with you here. Last night I had a dream that we were playing Boston and Lucic attacked Kassian only to get jumped by Clowe (who was on our team), who knocked Lucic the eff out....

Anyways, what do you guys think it will take to get him from San Jose? Lots of fans think his time there is gone and are looking for a guy with speed... Yeah, you guessed it, Drew Stafford... We have Raymond who is basically a poor mans Stafford, but he's playing so well with our poor mans Ennis that it makes him a lot more valuable to the team.

Anyways, what do you think it will take to pull him from the Sharks.

Pros

-Good Leader

-UFA at the end of the season

-great playmaking and shootout ability

-intimidates the opposition; you could tell that Bieksa was more scared of him than Lucic in the finals

-Can mentor Kassian(He said that he likes the way Kassian plays in an interview after their fight)

-Sticks up for teammates no matter what

-clutch during the playoffs

-hits hard

Cons

-Hates most of the Canucks (including former teammate Lapierre)

-Can get heated and take dumb penalties

-a bit slow, which hinders his performance in his own end

-likes the sharks organization and probably wants to stay there

Not really sure what San Jose's needs are. They'd probably need at least another 2nd/3rd line forward back. I wouldn't hesitate to let Booth, Higgins, or Raymond go but Higgins and Raymond are UFA's next year. Maybe Booth + a 3rd round pick? As long as we don't overpay massively I'd be more than glad to have Clowe on this team. Sticks up for teammates, scraps with the best of em, and is good for 40+ points.

Definitely a player Gillis should go after if available. Clowe shouldn't cost as much as before with his sub par season hes having and being a UFA at the end of the year. I read he's been playing injured though. He could use a change of scenery. Clowe would be the injection of emotion this team has been lacking this season and a playoff warrior.

Like ButterBean said i can't see them wanting Higgins or Raymond with both being UFA's as well. It looks like Booth would be the only player of interest.

I would love to see Clowe as a Canucks. I would think we could get him for Raymond and a 2nd. If not possibly add a d prospect. Raymond has played well this year and therefore upped his value somewhat. His speed would compliment the Sharks lineup. Clowe on the other hand, would add much needed grit for us and with a change of scenery I believe he would also bring some offensive upside. We would be a very tough team to handle physically for any team out there as we would have that size,grit and/or skill spread out through the entire lineup. Kassian,Clowe,Jensen,Higgins and Sestito.

In addition I would also like to see Victor Herman here as well just as Sandro17 posted a couple of days ago. To refresh your memory that was Schneider and Ballard for Hedman and Garond. I know Hedman is not Right hand shot but we have done well as we are so far. He would be a great asset adding more size to help in front of our net and has offensive upside as well.

Sedin,Sedin,Burrows.//Booth,Kessler,Clowe.//Higgins,Schroeder,Kassian//Sestito,Lapierre,Jensen

Bieksa,Hamhius.//Edler,Hedman//Garrison,Tanev.

Juggle the lines as you wish but this would be a tough lineup. Good luck Bruins.

Also creates cap space with TB trade. Sub Weise for Sestito as needed and yes, Clowe with the Sedins Burrows and Kassian can be moved up or down 2nd to 3rd as needed as well.

sanjose should resign him he can play and has grit and is a top 6 guy. They dont have anyone else like that

He is having a poor year statisticly so far, no goals as of yet. For the production he brings 45pts up to one year of 62 im not sure what it would cost to resign him. I like the idea of having someone like him, or kassian. But I really think whoever that player is they should be playing with the sedins, so when playoffs come they can have a bit more room and more importantly protection.

Burrows is so versatile he can slot in on the 2nd line. Clowe does hit, his speed issue wouldnt be relevant with the sedins as they are finesse players anyway. But the likelyhood of that kind of trade happening between us and sanjose, i cant see it being to high.

We need a player like that from the east. Surprising Joel ward has 13 points and is a +9 on the capitals. I know alot of people have saide Brouwer and I like him but I wouldnt be opposed to having Joel Ward either. He can score, and im not saying this due to race, but hes like another version of anson carter.

Archived