The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson with the goal of the year?

You don't think 40 goals and back to back 70+ point seasons is enough to hold a second line?

God this thread is hilarious. Everyone is complaining about us going with the proven commodity and proven elite two way player over a rookie complaining for ice time.

What a great idea, should have traded Kesler instead, then when our team gets murdered on the PK and in big defensive situations we could all look back and whine about choosing Cody over Kesler.

Kesler >>> Hodgson. Get over it.

Hodgson is playing on a top line.

When Kassian played a handful of games on the top line he scored 5 goals, and was scoring at the same pace as Hodgson. Then AV takes him off.

If Kassian was being given the same opportunities, his point totals would be much higher. He's also got a year in hand of development for himself though.

You don't think 40 goals and back to back 70+ point seasons is enough to hold a second line?

God this thread is hilarious. Everyone is complaining about us going with the proven commodity and proven elite two way player over a rookie complaining for ice time.

What a great idea, should have traded Kesler instead, then when our team gets murdered on the PK and in big defensive situations we could all look back and whine about choosing Cody over Kesler.

Kesler >>> Hodgson. Get over it.

We'll see how this turns out, but 10 goals in 22 games in His first season as a top six forward is doing the job. Maybe, the Canucks hold Players back too long. They like the slow development route. Anyways, got to wonder about Gillis making a risky trade like that. They could have ignored His griping.

It's pathetic how quickly fans turn on a player cause they have some injury issues. Only two seasons ago he was one of the best second line centers in the league, and now people are saying we should have traded him in order to keep a rookie?

Just ridiculous. Hodgson is a lightly younger version of Phil Kessel. Who would you rather go into the playoffs with as your second line center, Kessel or Kesler? If you're smart, you'd say Kesler.

Nice goal.

I don't usually get involved in the pointless Hodgson v Kassian debate, but I will say this once: MG could have had Kassian for a lot less. Buffalo had moved on. I think my disappointment in that trade will always stem from that more than from the fact Hodgson wanted out.

Still hopeful Kass works out. Glad Cody is doing well. Aaaaand... done.

Not even Kessel, he is like Roy or Drury without the speed, I watched the game until the pre game show came on, he was bad defensively, that part of his game hasn't improved and is a glaring weakness, he is doing great offensively and he has always had the smarts but there is more to the game than offense, this team would be much less complete with him instead of RK17.

And yeah I know, funny how he was like top 10 in hart voting not that long ago, after coming off back to back 70+ point season, 3 straight selke nominations, including the win obviously, and looked pretty good in his first few games before that injury really set in and affected him, and now that he is gone everyone is back on the Cody bandwagon.

Its a joke, in no way is keeping an unproven rookie who is a defensive liability over a 70 point, 40 goal selke winner a good idea for a team who wants a cup.

Don't tell that to the kiddies of CDC that only measure players in points. Points are everything after all, who needs defense? I mean look at Philly, they're all offense, and doing great right?

Without a balance of offense and defense, teams don't go anywhere in the playoffs. Hodgson was too much like Henrik to be our second line center. We need someone who is able to handle those tough matchups against the Joe Thorntons, Mike Richards, and Jonathon Toews. Would Hodgson really be that guy?

Sure we'd score 3 or 4 goals a game easily, but we'd be letting in 5 or 6.

LOL.

What tells you his best days are up??

Raymond just came back from a serious injury and is better than ever, RK17 had an unfortunate injury, it happens to everyone.

Oh and weren't people calling Cody a bust too during that injury rehab and when he first got back? And now everyone is in love with him and want him over our elite 2-way forward.

Hmmmm.... Interesting how things work out.

Archived