The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lack of swordsmen leads Saudi Arabia to consider dropping public beheadings

Aladeen

Article

I found this article a little strange... that the Saudi's are thinking about stopping public beheadings... but only because they have a shortage of swordsmen? I guess any reason to stop beheading people is a good thing, just an odd reason to do it... are there beheading schools one needs to attend?

Basically look into the most bizarre and disgusting, inhumane, and torturous was humans have been killed and tortured throughout history and in some corner of the planet today there will be some form of it.

Not odd at all unfortunately, just the way it is.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2638431.html

Not sure it fits your descriptions perfectly but pretty close to be burned at the stake and this happened just last

Actually its not

Martial Arts: noun

any of the traditional forms of Oriental self-defense or combat that utilize physical skill and coordination without weapons, as karate, aikido, judo, or kung fu, often practiced as sport.

Nerds unite! Larping = Kung Fu Master :picard:

All of those also incorporate weapons of some kind.

If you can't break down the meaning of martial art into it's root meaning without thinking it needs to be Oriental I don't know what to say. Europeans have a pretty good history of warfare and it was all codified.

Enjoy your own ignorance on the subject.

Ok Sifu theminister :rolleyes: Go have fun dressing up at the Fantasy Faire go Larp some people with your styrofoam sword but make sure not to forget your cardboard shield we wouldn't want you to get a scratch on your eye.

Archived