The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lack of swordsmen leads Saudi Arabia to consider dropping public beheadings

Aladeen

I understand what larping stands for.

You think this guy had some underlying humour to this, making a satirifical reference that the other dude was larping?

The hell are you smoking.

Aladeen called out the other guy for posting a website and made 15 references about how he larps. Plain and simple, he's a moron. There's no satire.

Not that I partake in it, but what's with your hatred towards something that allows people to enjoy themselves? Why does it concern you?

You're a nerd for picking on people for having their own type of fun.

Just a post to all the LARPers out there...

I really have nothing against Larping and feel that it could even be quite fun... I was just amused by the fact that they have an entire school dedicated to larping... that is all.

There's no "satirifical" either which is where I stopped reading. The word is satirical, from satire. when you speak using satire you do it satirically. Satirifical is a made up word. What I think isn't the question here, as it pertains to the "underlying humour" as you mention. Plain and simple, the "moron" comment wasn't called for. LARP isn't a NEGATIVE thing which is what I'm trying to get across...hell some people I used to play D&D with actually BECAME their characters in real life for spells at a time. It's not unheard of for people in an online setting, especially an anonymous one..to transform into someone or something else. LARPing can be fun sometimes. You guys need to get a sense of humor and stop taking everything so seriously on an anonymous forum.

I'm quite amused myself that they have so many schools dedicated to religion so I can understand how you can find that humorous. There's an entire school dedicated to "cyberathletes"..I couldn't type that with a straight face...so a LARP school doesn't surprise me all that much.

I got news for these Counter Strike kingpins and Call of Duty mavens....excelling at a first person shooter computer/video game does not make you an "athlete", cyber or otherwise.

Yeah but the thing is that it isn't a LARP school though I am sure those exist too.

The only assertion that it is is from a person who has never taken a class there. I can assure you LARPers would give up in about 10 minutes because they'd realize it's a class on classical fencing, as opposed to sport fencing, and wouldn't be of much use to them in that hobby.

The real issue was that Aladeen decided ad hoc that a link to that school meant it was for acting and practical purposes that the school exists and that I was subsequently a 'role player.'

It is funny that he asked a glib question in the OP about a beheading school, I offered a glib response, and he took it as an opportunity to insult LARPers, Western Martial Arts and me..... and then calls Stefan a douche for disagree with his approach.

Archived