143 replies to this topic

#31 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Tunechi is just fine thanks. Gotta love all the haters that come out of the woodwork. You may not like it but this guy is extremely talented and successful. Wish him the best and glad he's still around to pump out some gym music for me.

Uhhh... no.

FTR, I like hip/hop - but he ain't hip/hop.

His music are watered down versions of what hip/hop actually is.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#32 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,243 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Uhhh... no.

FTR, I like hip/hop - but he ain't hip/hop.

His music are watered down versions of what hip/hop actually is.

It's what people like, simple as is. He's successful for doing what he does, his way.
All those people saying this isnt hip hop blah blah then pull out names of artist who make "real hip hop/rap" and it ends up being a bunch of no name guys who will never make it out of the underground.

But hey, opinions are opinions, not trying to say anythings wrong with your opinion, but neither is the other sides.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#33 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

A little girl in my Grade 9 homeroom... Her great-grandma passed on Thursday... The girl was was devastated. This hit home, big time.

Li'l Wayne... Meh...

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#34 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

His early stuff was actually pretty good. That didn't last long, its noise and nonsense now.

#35 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

A little girl in my Grade 9 homeroom... Her great-grandma passed on Thursday... The girl was was devastated. This hit home, big time.

Li'l Wayne... Meh...

A complete human being shows sympathy for all.
Posted Image

#36 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

A complete human being shows sympathy for all.

Sympathy for a drug-abusing, bad influence on our youth? No, sir.

Empathy, yes.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#37 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

I feel bad for the guy, but apparently he's in this state because he took a bunch of random drugs or something?

If that's true, well then.. I still feel bad but... Isn't this kind of his fault, if of course what i heard was true?

If this is just a health thing, then my condolences go out to him, his family and everyone he loves.

Edited by Django, 15 March 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Posted Image

#38 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Tunechi is just fine thanks. Gotta love all the haters that come out of the woodwork. You may not like it but this guy is extremely talented and successful. Wish him the best and glad he's still around to pump out some gym music for me.

hahaha lil wayne talented hahaha

rappers now days suck get that str8

tupac biggie eazy e and your calling lil wayne talented more like sheep following him because thats all they have

#39 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Sympathy for a drug-abusing, bad influence on our youth? No, sir.

Empathy, yes.

Well said, agree with both your posts in this thread.

I like a couple of lil Wayne songs but not what you would call a fan. It's more the beats that I like in his songs than his raps/lyrics. Sad if this were true(seems like its not) but weezy should take it eeezy on the codeeezy.
Posted Image

#40 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

I feel bad for the guy, but apparently he's in this state because he took a bunch of random drugs or something?

If that's true, well then.. I still feel bad but... Isn't this kind of his fault, if of course what i heard was true?

If this is just a health thing, then my condolences go out to him, his family and everyone he loves.

Where's all the warm-fuzzy loving for all the youths that turn to drugs to solve their problems?

#41 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#42 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Too funny you guys really don't like Wayne. I'm not his biggest fan either but just because a few randoms don't regard him highly. Well sorry but your opinions mean zero. Money talks and Wayne's money talks like Robin Leach... As Wayne would say haha. Talent to me is a measure of how successful you are. Everyone has their own opinions, but in the grand scheme lil Wayne owns you.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#43 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Too funny you guys really don't like Wayne. I'm not his biggest fan either but just because a few randoms don't regard him highly. Well sorry but your opinions mean zero. Money talks and Wayne's money talks like Robin Leach... As Wayne would say haha. Talent to me is a measure of how successful you are. Everyone has their own opinions, but in the grand scheme lil Wayne owns you.

lil Wayne owns me because he has more money than me? That's kind of sad you put so much importance on cash flow. If some of these reports are true, I'd say I lead a much happier life than him...as I don't struggle with addiction and have a pretty positive outlook on life in general. And yah, I'm sure most people know their opinion don't mean jack in the "grand scheme" of things...you're not really bringing anything new to the table with that statement.
Posted Image

#44 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

Who?

I don't care, I'm saying...who?

he's, little wayne, one of robin hood's merry men

15fitjt.jpg

#45 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

He's fine and alive, the only unfortunate thing to come out all of this is that we'll be getting even more garbage lil' wayne music...(notice how I didn't captialize 'lil wayne',...cause he's not important and me doing this is more badass than he will ever be.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#46 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

lil wayne in critical condition? man, where he's from that ish happens all the time in the streets!, about time he showed you proof!

13zpnd4.jpg

#47 AfterMath35

AfterMath35

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Rap sucks. TMZ sucks.

No, mainstream rap sucks. If you dont like rap thats cool, but just because you dont like it does not mean it sucks. But i will agree with your second statement that yes TMZ is trash

Posted Image

#48 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

lil Wayne owns me because he has more money than me? That's kind of sad you put so much importance on cash flow. If some of these reports are true, I'd say I lead a much happier life than him...as I don't struggle with addiction and have a pretty positive outlook on life in general. And yah, I'm sure most people know their opinion don't mean jack in the "grand scheme" of things...you're not really bringing anything new to the table with that statement.

I was replying to the person who claimed he wasn't talented. When obviously everyone spends a lot of money on his music. It's a measure of success to me that's what money is. Not who is happier. But anyway we don't know Wayne's personal life and I'm not sure you would be happier. Of course in their own mind everyone is happier. But the reality of not having to do much and having all that cash to play with... Well I don't really buy into your spin that you lead a happier life either. Wayne could be pretty damn happy I'm sure lol.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#49 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

I was replying to the person who claimed he wasn't talented. When obviously everyone spends a lot of money on his music. It's a measure of success to me that's what money is. Not who is happier. But anyway we don't know Wayne's personal life and I'm not sure you would be happier. Of course in their own mind everyone is happier. But the reality of not having to do much and having all that cash to play with... Well I don't really buy into your spin that you lead a happier life either. Wayne could be pretty damn happy I'm sure lol.

You're right, I don't know Wayne personally. And maybe my statement was a bit presumptuous. But I just don't know too many truly happy people who end up in the hospital from an overdose. A lot of people struggle with fame.
Posted Image

#50 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

Nope, Pimpcurtly nailed it, so many people measure life by money....my bros a longshoreman, brags about it all the time, has a coke addiction, I make much less then him, have a beatiful fiance, live a drug free life, planning to have a kid soon and have soo much more to show for, which his crap lifestyle could never manage...money is great but like the ops topic, you'd lose it in a second, and I wouldn't trade my life for the world!

13zpnd4.jpg

#51 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

Nope, Pimpcurtly nailed it, so many people measure life by money....my bros a longshoreman, brags about it all the time, has a coke addiction, I make much less then him, have a beatiful fiance, live a drug free life, planning to have a kid soon and have soo much more to show for, which his crap lifestyle could never manage...money is great but like the ops topic, you'd lose it in a second, and I wouldn't trade my life for the world!

Congrats on the engagement and ensueing pregnancy! :)
Posted Image

#52 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Where's all the warm-fuzzy loving for all the youths that turn to drugs to solve their problems?

Probably in bed, since the only people who truly think drugs are the problem, and not the kids, are like 50+ year old parents.

Posted Image

#53 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

People can be talented without being successful yenno... like me for instance.
Posted Image

#54 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

No, mainstream rap sucks. If you dont like rap thats cool, but just because you dont like it does not mean it sucks. But i will agree with your second statement that yes TMZ is trash

Run-DMC, Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, NWA, Public Enemy, Wu Tang Clan, Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg (Lion), Cypress Hill, Eminem, and ICP. These are the rap groups/artists that I've ever liked. Today's rap...the younger generation who influence our youth far too much...are a big ****ing problem in our society...and whether they are talented are not is irrelevant. and in the grand scheme...whoever the hell quoted that BS and said lil wayne "owns you" is talking out of their ass. Know what's in his future? A grand mal seizure the likes of which he's never seen...keep drinking that codeine cough syrup ****...and just put yourself out of everyone else's misery already.

Edited by Scott Hartnell's Mane, 16 March 2013 - 06:00 AM.

Posted Image

View PostScott Hartnell, on 11 June 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#55 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Well, sorry, your opinion means zero too because of your terrible measurement of talent.

I'm not saying that Lil Wayne is completely talentless but you have lost sight of what rap was meant to be. All his songs are about making money or picking up the world and throwing it on someone's head. :rolleyes:

You are probably more likely to be as cocky when you have a Gallardo as he was when he first got one. Guess what? Nowadays, every single generic rapper does that.

Older rappers might have talked about social problems that he lived in but Lil Wayne, like most generic rappers, are so damn self-absorbed. I don't really care how much richer he is. He got rich with the people's help and I think he's forgotten that.

#56 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Well, sorry, your opinion means zero too because of your terrible measurement of talent.

I'm not saying that Lil Wayne is completely talentless but you have lost sight of what rap was meant to be. All his songs are about making money or picking up the world and throwing it on someone's head. :rolleyes:

You are probably more likely to be as cocky when you have a Gallardo as he was when he first got one. Guess what? Nowadays, every single generic rapper does that.

Older rappers might have talked about social problems that he lived in but Lil Wayne, like most generic rappers, are so damn self-absorbed. I don't really care how much richer he is. He got rich with the people's help and I think he's forgotten that.

Wow...head of nail...meet hammer. Bingo. Rap used to be all about the message...that's what it was all about originally...
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#57 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

Run-DMC, Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, NWA, Public Enemy, Wu Tang Clan, Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg (Lion), Cypress Hill, Eminem, and ICP. These are the rap groups/artists that I've ever liked. Today's rap...the younger generation who influence our youth far too much...are a big ****ing problem in our society...and whether they are talented are not is irrelevant. and in the grand scheme...whoever the hell quoted that BS and said lil wayne "owns you" is talking out of their ass. Know what's in his future? A grand mal seizure the likes of which he's never seen...keep drinking that codeine cough syrup ****...and just put yourself out of everyone else's misery already.

Some people like Special Ed are far too suggestible to people with fame and what they have to say. Even though Special Ed said "he is not even his biggest fan", he's probably his biggest fan... lol. Why can't he just own up to it? All started because he said 'lol can't believe you guys are hating that he is extremely talented and successful'.

I honestly want to see if he'll be a speaker on drug problems - or if he'll continue stirring the pot that he's rich. He could use his fame for something useful - but having sluts and cars is more important for him.

#58 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,352 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

Probably in bed, since the only people who truly think drugs are the problem, and not the kids, are like 50+ year old parents.

laff it up sonny, you'll get there some day yosef...if you don't od first.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

#59 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

Some people like Special Ed are far too suggestible to people with fame and what they have to say. Even though Special Ed said "he is not even his biggest fan", he's probably his biggest fan... lol. Why can't he just own up to it? All started because he said 'lol can't believe you guys are hating that he is extremely talented and successful'.

I honestly want to see if he'll be a speaker on drug problems - or if he'll continue stirring the pot that he's rich. He could use his fame for something useful - but having sluts and cars is more important for him.

Ah so it was "Special Ed" who made that comment eh? Never mind...no further explanation is necessary...as far as this Lil Wayne character becoming a speaker on drug problems...you can probably wish in one hand...and defecate in the other....and see which fills up first.

Edited by Scott Hartnell's Mane, 16 March 2013 - 06:54 AM.

Posted Image

#60 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

maybe from now on he will stop using drugs.

A friend of mine on vacation partied with him a few years ago.

Other than that I don't really know much about him.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.