Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ProudCanuckChick

Do the Canucks really need Dale Weise?

68 posts in this topic

I have been a huge Canucks fan for many many years, and I think that we have a great team BUT I struggle to see what the point of having Dale Weise on the team. Lets face it, he isnt a big scorer and his fighting skills are pretty weak, so why not get rid of him? What are your thoughts?

No we don't really need Dale Weise, he's the definition of an average pro hockey player.

He kills penalties, hes just an energy player, like many from the past, like a tanner glass.

What do we need him for? Sure he has scored a few goals, but for the $615,000 a year the Canucks are paying him, surely we could find a much better enforcer? I just dont see how he earns his money

He kills penalties, hes just an energy player, like many from the past, like a tanner glass.

Oh I know that are problems are bigger then Dale, but I just dont see the point in having a below average hockey player who cant really fight all that well as our enforcer.

Obviously we don't NEED Dale Weise. Guys like him are a dime a dozen. He does a decent job, but if we can make an upgrade I wouldn't mind.

What do we need him for? Sure he has scored a few goals, but for the $615,000 a year the Canucks are paying him, surely we could find a much better enforcer? I just dont see how he earns his money

I hope because of this thread, he turns his game around.

Do you have a good suggestion on who to replace him with? It's not like he stealing a lot of minutes from someone more worthy.

Yes we have Sestito now, but its common knowledge that Weise isnt on the team for his hockey skills.

The team that I hate the most is definately the Bruins, but I would LOVE to see Milan Lucic join us. He is a much better hockey player and one of the most feared enforcers in the league

Do you have a good suggestion on who to replace him with? It's not like he stealing a lot of minutes from someone more worthy.

I have been a huge Canucks fan for many many years, and I think that we have a great team BUT I struggle to see what the point of having Dale Weise on the team. Lets face it, he isnt a big scorer and his fighting skills are pretty weak, so why not get rid of him? What are your thoughts?

Yes we have Sestito now, but its common knowledge that Weise isnt on the team for his hockey skills.

I've always seen him as an average 4th liner that doesn't really have the skill to grow or provide much more. I'd rather see the spot given to someone on the rise either through the wolves or a trade.

Maybe "enforcer" is the wrong term to be used here as imo "enforcers" are supposed to have fighting ability- unfortunately, Dale doesnt have that. My whole problem with Dale Weise is that he doesnt add anything to the team. Sure, he can kill penalties, but so can many others. I dont know, he just irriates me, but thats just my own personal opinion.