The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Derek Roy to VAN

Jesus people. Do you realize in a couple years the Canucks are going to like Calgary?! It happens to EVERY TEAM!!! We will have some losing years and we will eventually get back to the top of the West. I'd rather we trade prospects and go all in then sit, do nothing, be mediocre and blame everyone for everything. Sit down, shut up and enjoy it while we are still above the top 6 in the West...

Seems like a good trade since we need a centre, although looking at his bio he's 5'9" 185lbs, quite small for a centre but hopefully he isnt like Raymond when hes carrying the puck into the zone :P

(and for people saying he wants 6mill/yr somebody might want to tell him goals arent worth 750,000 each)

Again kypreos said he heard from dallas he wanted closer to 6m from dallas, and the brutal media here in canucks land is now saying he wants 6m even next season from us. It has turned into complete speculation and is now being reported as fact.

For those considering the likelihood of Roy re-signing with Vancouver in the off-season, his brother lives in Vancouver and has for quite sometime. I spent a little time with the two of them in Italy during the 2011 playoffs and they seemed pretty close. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a deal around the 4 million mark, its the term he's looking for (think 5+ years)

Going to say this. The Roy deal smells like one which the Canucks could utilize to put Kes at RW. Roy is small as crap but he is one hell of a set up man and for the sake of preserving longevity for Kes it makes sense to move him to RW as he would be less likely to be injured

Archived