The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts on the deadline activity (or lack thereof) - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

L'Orange

WE are adding Kesler and Kassian in the next 10 days and we acquired a quality center that will help as we go forward .. now it is time for this team to step up and play to their potential .. that is ALL we can ask of them ..

It is what it is .. suck it up and get positive with this team now! .. OUR TEAM, for better or worse ..

If all you can do is whine and snivel, go cheer for the Hawks by joining the Toews fan club .. everyone gets a free box of Kleenix ..

I believe this team could surprise .. they go in with little pressure, other than the migraines being self-induced by the "oh woe is me" crowd ..

The good news is, if the Canucks fall flat, AV is history ..

another waste year, another year the sedins get older. Other teams are significantly better and went all in. Windows have closed on this core and yet gillis will hope for a cinderella run to the cup just by adding Roy.

Gillis its either ALL IN or if you won't give full support to this core then get rid of players for multiple 1st rd pick this deep draft.

Nothing in between. Acquiring a rental just to get to 2nd rd is a major failure. CUP or BUST.

Canucks D corps are not good enough to go all the way. You should have added another reliable D for depth

Anyone who is so ignorant to have a signature that reads, "Rick Rypien and Wade Belak=Selfish Human Beings" probably doesn't deserve a response, but here it is, grow up and stay off the boards until you can contribute more than just insults.

^ This.

In the Luongo presser after practice he said he was pulled in case he needed to ok a deal. It's not like the Canucks weren't working the phones, but sometimes the deal isn't good enough or the teams involved aren't a fit.

We also know we were in on Clowe at least, and there may have been others, but people react like Gillis is an idiot and should be fired.

If it was easy, everyone would do it, yet only a few teams really made trades this year to upgrade.

I agree this is a mess. Derek Roy is a welcome addition but not the answer. Also, Luongo doesn't deserve to be a bench warmer. He is a class act and should be starting on a regular basis. Gillis should do this team a favour and fire himself.

Suicide is selfish and I will argue that till the day I die...Your life isn't yours, it doesn't belong to you, it isn't an entity that you can buy or trade..your life belongs to everyone you love and that loves you back...nothing is more selfish than telling those people you don't love them enough to stay on this planet...Wade Belak left behind two children who now get to grow up without a father, that's not selfish?

A mess, until the playoffs when we have two great goaltenders and, as we all know goaltending is critical in order to have playoff success.

And I'm confident Roy will be a great addition and contribute to the team. Good things come in small packages...remember Cliff Ronning?

I'm good with it....if it's not there what do you do? Can't force things and trades are two (three) way streets. Easy to grumble/complain but we're not kids waiting at the Christmas tree to see if we got what we wanted...this is a little more involved.

WE are adding Kesler and Kassian in the next 10 days and we acquired a quality center that will help as we go forward .. now it is time for this team to step up and play to their potential .. that is ALL we can ask of them ..

It is what it is .. suck it up and get positive with this team now! .. OUR TEAM, for better or worse ..

If all you can do is whine and snivel, go cheer for the Hawks by joining the Toews fan club .. everyone gets a free box of Kleenix ..

I believe this team could surprise .. they go in with little pressure, other than the migraines being self-induced by the "oh woe is me" crowd ..

And you have dealt with debilatating mental illness and depression? We may yak back and forth about how we feel about Gillis, AV, and the team, but to be so ignorant as to judge someone who was so hopeless that they took their life is absolutely deplorable.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Suicide is selfish and I will argue that till the day I die...Your life isn't yours, it doesn't belong to you, it isn't an entity that you can buy or trade..your life belongs to everyone you love and that loves you back...nothing is more selfish than telling those people you don't love them enough to stay on this planet...Wade Belak left behind two children who now get to grow up without a father, that's not selfish?

I agree this is a mess. Derek Roy is a welcome addition but not the answer. Also, Luongo doesn't deserve to be a bench warmer. He is a class act and should be starting on a regular basis. Gillis should do this team a favour and fire himself.

Archived