Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Thoughts on the deadline activity (or lack thereof) - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

Speculation

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#61 winter

winter

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

We should play Luongo tomorrow. Now the trade deadline is pass, we don't have to worry about injuries anymore. Luongo deserves to play 50% of the games going forward.

1. no

2. hes a choker and doesn't deserve to play in the playoffs

3. he has to earn it, the coach is not just gonna hand him games saying here play 50% even though corys good

#62 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

We should play Luongo tomorrow. Now the trade deadline is pass, we don't have to worry about injuries anymore. Luongo deserves to play 50% of the games going forward.

Agree. I say play one until we lose then swap until someone gets hot.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#63 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

1. no

3. he has to earn it, the coach is not just gonna hand him games saying here play 50% even though corys good

Right Luongo hasn't earned the right to play? Face palm yourself out a window please.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#64 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Give him a chance to get on a run because you can see he feels he has something to prove.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#65 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

maybe party boy kassian can make noise outside the visitors hotel, to keep em up so they play poorly next day

Newell Brown ? is that you ?

best play you've come with in 2 years.

#66 JJLuongo

JJLuongo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Being someone who's dealt with major depression and overcome it, its clear to me that it's only a first world problem. We have a roof over our heads and food on our plates, something a large majority of the people on this planet don't have yet we whine and complain that we're sad. Go travel the world and see what so many people have to deal with on a day-to-day basis and you'll see life ain't so bad.
Content removed - offensive and inappropriate

#67 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Lu looks like a broken man in the interview. If he was mentally fragile before....He stated he hates the deal himself now and wishes he could rip it up. He admitted that it has affected him a lot all year, despite his attitude.

Gillis is now going to go down in GM history as making a deal equally as idiotic as Millbury with Dipietro

1. We'll have 4.5 - 5.5 million sitting on the bench during the playoffs, when we needed more scoring, in this year, one of the few left in our window of opportunity with the Sedins who are already showing signs of slowing down.

2. No matter how much a player denies it, it will affect both Lu's play and more importantly Schneider's play. Lu's ever since he was replaced in last year's Final and knew he was not respected as the go-to guy anymore for the organization.

And Schneider because no matter how much Cory has been assured he is now the #1, it will never feel like it until Lu is gone and not looking over his shoulder, knowing that AV's longer relationship with Lu will have him replaced even after only 2 goals right through the playoffs.

3. Summer may be even tougher to move him. So not dealing him now or last summer is going to cripple this organization and may even force the team to trade Schneider instead. Some on here would cheer that, but I think it would be a disaster for the rest of the Sedin window. Either that or our cap will be handi-capped greatly if he can only be partly bought out with his NTC or if he goes through waivers.

Gillis COULD have made a good deal last Summer if you read this quote from back then:

“We’ve been given solid offers. Nothing we would do today. We’re going to continue the process with the teams that are interested.”

But he wanted to milk it and milk it and milk it...and now all he has is spilled milk.

#68 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

1. no

I just punched a puppy after reading this.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#69 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

canucks are not the type of team to go under the radar in the playoffs. Gillis didnt go all in like other teams did. D corps not good enough to go all the way.

Another wasted year, another year sedins, burrows get older. Next year other teams' young superstars will get better and hit their prime while canucks core get older. Windows have closed.

Canucks might get to 2nd round and Gillis might be able to sell that to some ignorant fans. Bottom line is its a major failure.

Either all in or if Gillis wont give full support to this core then he should have gotten rid of players for multiple 1st rd picks in a deep draft. Good GM's find a way to get needed deals done.

Edited by ALTtimegreat, 03 April 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#70 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

yo wait someone answer

is trade deadline over???

i thought it ended at 3 pm

#71 winter

winter

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Right Luongo hasn't earned the right to play? Face palm yourself out a window please.

in the playoffs idiot, look at his previous years performance

#72 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

yo wait someone answer

3 pm eastern time. 12 pm pacific
Posted Image

#73 Lillooet_Hillbilly

Lillooet_Hillbilly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

yo wait someone answer

3pm eastern time noon for us

#74 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

1. no

Are you serious? Game 7 of the finals, shutouts in the finals and gold medal on home ice and he is a choker? How about the injured players, pylons or crappy reffing takes some of the heat.
“I played for the Leafs for three years, I’m used to the booing so it won’t affect me” - Kyle Wellwood

#75 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

yo wait someone answer

3pm EASTERN time....so its over
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#76 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

in the playoffs idiot, look at his previous years performance

Last year him and Schneider both sucked, but that is mostly due to the team mailing it in after game 2, the year before I would think Game 7 of the finals was pretty freaking good.

Idiot
“I played for the Leafs for three years, I’m used to the booing so it won’t affect me” - Kyle Wellwood

#77 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

o boy gillis did mess up this year lol

screw the lu trade

could of got a bigger D

needed a bit more toughness

easily could of traded away 3rd 4th 5th for these type of players

say what you want canuck fans gillis messed up

#78 winter

winter

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Are you serious? Game 7 of the finals, shutouts in the finals and gold medal on home ice and he is a choker? How about the injured players, pylons or crappy reffing takes some of the heat.

LOL don't even bring the gold medal game into it, he had world class players infront of him and if he was steady it shouldn't have gone into overtime, did you see that goal? and finals, really, yeah, why couldn't he close it off? you're up 2-0 in the series and then? i remember watching those games very clearly dt, he choked and ofcourse its a big conspiracy by the nhl because they hate vancouver to bring us down

#79 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Are you old enough to be allowed on the internet?

The team got better, or are you just too stupid to see that?

The 5'9 center you are dissing is easily a 20 goal scorer and potential point per game player.

It can't be helped that the other teams aren't willing to trade for Luongo. Just cause things don't go the way you want, you can still have some class. And not just recklessly bash our GM who obviously tried very hard to make the team better the past week.

What mess are you talking about? We are 4th in the standings with a decent chance at the Stanley Cup this year. Grow up.

can you really guaranteed that Roy will resign with us after? On paper we are ready, but please before calling people stupid also look at how much other teams has improved. With the way our team has been paying recently, there's not a darn chance we are getting the cup this year.

#80 winter

winter

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Last year him and Schneider both sucked, but that is mostly due to the team mailing it in after game 2, the year before I would think Game 7 of the finals was pretty freaking good.

Idiot

LOOOL WHAT ABOUT THE BLACKHAWKS AND THE PREVIOUS YEARS?
Please tell me the mysterious reason the organization wants to trade him so badly if hey took em to the scf? you need to get him of this pedestal, cdc has attachment issues

#81 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

Do people realize we're gonna gain Ryan Kesler and Mason Raymond back, on top of adding Roy?
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#82 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,940 posts

Results are what matter, doing NOTHING was not enough. Ofcourse its hard and thats why they get paid the bucks

And yet he didn't do nothing (you'd know that if you read my post). The Roy trade was certainly something, and being in the final two for Clowe while also being on the phones for a potential Luongo deal.

But if you want to argue that's nothing, then I guess plenty of other teams did nothing as well, and a lot of those actually did less than nothing.

Edited by elvis15, 03 April 2013 - 01:11 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#83 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Gillis Keys to SC Playoff success

1- goalie 2- luck 3 -good team

really ?

Luck above a good team eh ?

#84 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Gillis is not a good GM. It has become more and more obvious as the year has gone by. Way to screw up one of our last years in this window.
Posted Image

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am just pessimistic. 40 years without a cup will do that to any normal fan. So please, stop and think before labeling someone a bandwagoneer.

#85 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Do people realize we're gonna gain Ryan Kesler and Mason Raymond back, on top of adding Roy?

TOO SMALL OF A LINEUP TO WIN.
Posted Image

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am just pessimistic. 40 years without a cup will do that to any normal fan. So please, stop and think before labeling someone a bandwagoneer.

#86 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

How quickly you forget that MG built this team from a non contender to a team that was in the SC finals. It takes two sides to agree to make a trade to make it happen and it is easy for us to sit here and say that MG should have done blah blah blah, but if it was as easy as some on here think it is, they would be the GM.
Luongo's contract was signed when the market was totally different than it is now with a dropping cap. If Luo and MG could redo the deal, they would but they can't....it is what it is. Luo could still be moved at the draft, maybe for a chance to move up and get a great player for the future.
As far as TO, they were offering to take Luo's contract and that is it. We are better off with Luo on the team than giving him away for nothing. MG did the right thing by not doing a deal like that.

#87 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,940 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

No, they don't. They also don't realize not all of our AHL potential depth is useless. They're reacting on an emotional level without reason (at least not very much of it). What's too bad is that there are people who always react on an emotional level without understanding how an NHL team is run, or at least seeing the other positives we still have.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#88 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Yes I have. I've also lost a family member and a high school friend from suicide. Suicide is not the answer when you have children and family that love you.

While I do agree that it's not the answer, I have never felt as hopeless as I assume someone who actually takes their life does.

A weight I never hope to know.
Posted Image

#89 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,510 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

1. no

Define "choker".

If you mean a goalie that lets in bad goals at an inopportune time, then you just named every goalie who has ever played in the NHL.

Posted Image

Edit: BTW - YOU have to earn your right to be a fan.

Edited by Heretic, 03 April 2013 - 01:18 PM.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#90 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

and you expect Kesler to suddenly regain his 40 goals season and beast performance in the 2nd round?

Edited by cyacry, 03 April 2013 - 01:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.