The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Herpes Strikes Two More Infants After Ritual Circumcision

Jai604

Except that removing foreskin hasn't actually been shown to decrease the pleasure a man gets from sex or his sex drive.

Do you know what does reduce the enjoyment you get out of sex? Getting genital warts or herpes. You have a significantly less chance of contracting either with a circumcision.

Edit:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3042320/

The child's right to bodily integrity should be left, right, and center. That bolded statement, no offense intended, is one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. How about choosing to not suffer? If babies weren't mutilated on a daily basis, circumcision would be a medical procedure and not a cosmetic North American fad/religious mutilation, thus not causing suffering. Pretty good method for prevention of suffering, no? Precisely because the clocks can't be turned into the past is why the procedure should not be done to persons unable to consent. I hope you do realize that the child is a person with rights, that seems to be overlooked often in these discussions. A baby is not the property of the parents to do as they please for 18 years or until the child can fight back.

I guess since you haven't experienced it, you really don't know what it's like.

A circumcision isn't even harmful to anyone. Painful, but it doesn't inhibit the boy in anyway. As a parent, can't I do what I believe is best for my child? At what point does a child's "right" supersede the parents?

I believe the evidence is strong enough that I will give a circumcision to my child (with a skilled physician in a hospital). As it's a family matter, with NO harm done to the child.... why should it be anybody else's business?

Braces aren't medically required either, but we make sure we install them on our kids early.

I guess a child could say, "Hell no! It's my rights to decline these metal braces!", right?

Well, I refused braces. But thats irrelevent. Braces straighten your teeth.We install them on children because their mouths are still growing and its much easier to fix then. Circumcision is CHOPPING OFF PART OF SOMEONE'S GENITALS. Are you seriously comparing the two? And despite all the stuff posted in this thread, you're still saying circumcision isn't harmful in any way?

The right to "raise your child how you see fit" has a limit. Arbitrary mutilation is not something the parent should just do.

I guess since you haven't experienced it, you really don't know what it's like.

A circumcision isn't even harmful to anyone. Painful, but it doesn't inhibit the boy in anyway. As a parent, can't I do what I believe is best for my child? At what point does a child's "right" supersede the parents?

I believe the evidence is strong enough that I will give a circumcision to my child (with a skilled physician in a hospital). As it's a family matter, with NO harm done to the child.... why should it be anybody else's business?

Braces aren't medically required either, but we make sure we install them on our kids early.

I guess a child could say, "Hell no! It's my rights to decline these metal braces!", right?

genitals or genitalia (ˈdʒɛnɪt ə lz, ˌdʒɛnɪˈteɪlɪə, -ˈteɪljə)

— pl n

the sexual organs; the testicles and penis of a male or the labia, clitoris, and vagina of a female

fore·skin [fawr-skin, fohr-]

noun

the prepuce of the penis.

So, if the penis is part of the male of the male genitals, and the foreskin is part of the penis, how is it not part of the genitals?

Just when you thought it couldn't get any stupider. "Hey, don't chop off part of your babies penis unless there is a clear medical issue" is the same as "GOD HATES ????! GOD LOVES DEAD SOLDIERS!" etc etc.

Actually my sign would read "SUPPORT SCIENCE NOT SUPERSTITION" And "STOP MUTILATING SMALL CHILDREN" and "IF YOU'RE JESUS AND YOU KNOW IT, CLAP YOUR HANDS" I could continue, but I think you get the idea. Parents who do this sort of thing to their kids...or take them to church against their will before they are old enough to know better should not be allowed to have any more kids. One or two stupid kids at a time is about all that our schools can handle.

You're damn right I'm in favor of gun control laws. Absolutely. I'm not a violent man...I'm actually very nonviolent...and I'm most definitely in favor of gun control laws to the effect that NO ONE in civilian clothing should have possession of military grade weapons. I'm not in favor of hunting at all. Sport hunting is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen...so you got this guy right...wih this big freaking gun...shooting at an animal who has no protection...no defense against the onslaught...oh yeah...takes a really big man to gun down Bambi's mom... It's just sickening. Well I guess you answered your own question on religion. Hey guess what bud...Religion is a PERSONAL choice. It's not a parental or a social one...and so yeah I am going to be really offended when people take their kids to church before they're old enough to know they are being brainwashed. I do have a problem with that. Religion absolutely should not be allowed in schools. You're there to learn facts and read other works of literature. Keep your speculation and your dogmatic psychobabble in church. If PARENTS want to practice their religion at home then great...but when they insist that their impressionable children conform to their beliefs that's not ok. How on earth are the kids going to learn about religion? They can read about it in the history books alongside all the other Bronze Age thinking when it becomes extinct. In other words...that's the point. They don't NEED to learn about religion...unless they ASK about religion. It shouldn't be foisted upon them in their biology class alongside the Origin of Species.

Heretic what I said about religion and social is that a relationship with any god, any faith, any belief...is a personal choice...it isn't a decision that is supposed to be made for you. It's certainly not for parents to decide. All churches take in money and pay no taxes. All churches are taking up space which could be used to build homeless shelters to eliminate the homeless problem. All churches have programs for the youth, and all churches are supposedly houses of an unseen spirit or deity. All churches give vague answers to all the tough questions...so yeah...maybe not brainwashing...but close. Selling an invisible product...reaping billions in net...paying no taxes. Are you kidding me?

I'm not blaming religion for it. I'm saying if they excavated all these brainwash factories...and built permanent housing on them...you could put a really big dent in the homeless problem. These people have all this land and pay no property tax while their fellow human beings sleep on the street starving to death. That's what I have a problem with. If they really cared about them...they'd let them sleep free in the churches..and not throw them out after breakfast and prayer like the homeless shelters do. I lived in on e in Florida. They don't allow you to stay at the shelter all day..so essentially they're saying well you can have a place to sleep and two or three paltry meals a day but then you're on your own...you're not allowed here between the hours of after lunch and 6:30 pm. So what are they supposed to do during that time..go panhandle at the convenience store..take the chance on being arrested? Actually..I wouldn't blame them..I've heard that conditions in JAILS are better than the conditions of those "shelters".

The homeless shelters are a ****ing JOKE, Heretic. Does your church pay property tax on its building? Again...selling an invisible product...taking in billions, paying no taxes. That is the biggest scam in the history of the world.

Archived