The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Dregers reports on Luongo

canuckbeliever

You can repeat this all you want but it doesn't make it true.

Game 3 was scoreless after 1 period. No first period collapse. The rest of the way the team played like crap in front of him and gave up 2 short handed goals. I realize he's one of the penalty killers too but how about managing the puck better on the PP and not hanging him out to dry?

Game 4 was 1-0 Boston after 1 period. Hardly a first period collapse. Canucks had the only 2 PP's of the 1st and went 0 for 6 overall.

Game 6 was as you remember it. An ass kicking in the first. Luongo pulled after Boston went up 4-0.

Game 7 was 1-0 Boston after the first. Hardly a first period collapse. In fact it was still 1-0 more than halfway through the game.

It's YOU who needs to realize that apart from game 6 where he was a major goat he did give his team a chance to win. His team failed him miserably. You can rewrite history all you want but the numbers don't back you up.

Nonis' offer of Schneider for Brule (unless you feel McLean was lying?)

To be fair, I think Nonis is much better at drafting than trading. Probably because he has little choice but to listen to his amateur scouting staff and the Canucks have always had pretty solid international amateur scouting.

I think he got a bit lucky with Luongo simply due to Keenan overvaluing Bertuzzi at that particular stage in his career. Same could be said for Auld who had a pretty decent showing as a backup here.

Gillis is well known to use the media to spin his side of things.

Nobody here can say what went down.

Using 'second cousin' status as some insider source revealing everything is laughable.

I don't know any of my first cousins,never mind my seconds.

Dave: "Geez,Darren,you are my second cousin so I am going to ruin my reputation so that you can get a story."

Yeah.

Luongo is worth SO much more than that. If we would have traded him for spare parts, it would be an outright shame. It's better we wait for the off-season and be able to get what he's actually worth. Although, I rather see him stay because I still think he's better than Schneider!

Dregers a troll, now that the Leafs are a playoff team this will bring back bad nightmares from 10 years ago with the Toronto media, if you thought their media was bad when the Leafs suck just wait till you hear them when their good/playoff team, I give it a season or two before they start calling the Leafs the best in Canada and Canada's team label.

Also, if I was a Leaf fan I'd be upset with DN, he is willing to go into the playoffs with questionable young inexperience goaltending when they could've had Luongo at a cheap return. This shows DN immaturity with not wanting to deal with a team cause he has a selfish and past personal problem with.

Also, Gillis you shot yourself in the foot when you didn't trade Luongo before the walkout, the market this offseason will be much weaker now and we'll be lucky to give Luongo away with no bad contract coming back as last summer you could've gotten a respectable return if you didn't estimate Luongo's trade value.

Looks to me he got too carried away in trying to get a killer deal and forgot to look at his goalies.........well he may well rue that in the playoffs.

I still can't believe that teams don't want Lu enough to pay a decent price. Hell I would be happy to keep him and trade Schneider.

Archived