The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspension] Volchenkov suspended 4 games

I don't like Marchand, therefore I don't agree with this ruling. Call me a Homer, what can you do about it? Nothing. I don't beleive anything Marchand or Cooke does has any truth to it. Burrows might embellish an flail around but he doesn't head hunt.

Shanahan is an absolute fool. He and the rest of the Department for Player Safety are a joke.

They completely leave star players alone. Nash, Weber, on and on and on.

Thank you Volchenkov. Your effort was valiant.

Marchand is a absolute diver and will of course be back next game.

Wow Shanahan and company really bought what Marchand was selling. I seen the hit, Marchand goes

down an stays down like the hit was more dangerous then what it really was.

Daniel gets elbowed in the face, but gets up under his own power and skates to the bench on his own.

The Sedin hit looked a little more vicious then the Marchand one.

Well then basing the Volchenkov hit off of what was shown to us from Nash's hit... what should the verdict be? If we are looking for consistency Volchenkov should have gotten negative games and have a couple of supsension-free games banked right now.

So in reality there is no support for a "4 is reasonable" in this scenario.

So you're saying make the Nash hit the standard for suspension calls? Strive for consistency, even if that bar is set at absolute bull? You would've loved being in Soviet Russia then; everybody's living in terror and poverty, but hey at least we're all equal.

I don't like the random swings of suspensions either, but all I'm saying is this is actually a suspension that seems pretty accurate to me. I would have gone with 3, but 4's not so bad. I think there is support for "4 is reasonable". No reason to get buttmad over this just because it's Marchand.

Oh I see I insuate you wanted 0 games for a hockey hit and are floored by such an accusation but you think I would have loved it during the Stalin Communist regime in russian being happy to see people living in Terror, starving, taken to the Gulag etc.

You're the little whiner getting all butthurt because someone has a different and valid idea about it that differs from yours there little guy.

You would have gone with 3 but 4 is not bad huh? under what precedent, where is there any evidence at all from the NHL or other to say what Volchenkov did there was anything more than a penalty which was assesed in the game. I suppose if you want to be an emotional little crybaby about it, you can say it deserves 3 or 4 or 10 or 50 or whatever it doesn't matter... the point is crap far worse that this happens all the time without even a pentalty so there is no basis to say its worth 3 or 4 or whatever.

Deliberate targeting to the head. He had to get suspended for it. That said, someone needs to go knee on knee with Marchand. Just get rid of this clown. He deserves to hobble for the rest of his life for the shame he's brought to himself, his team and the game.

I'm glad you grasp the irony.

I'm actually not whining about anything, but it is you in fact who are trying to insult me because I have a different view on it. More irony.

Once again, I'm saying the call should be made on what seems right. In my view (and a lot of other people's), 2-4 is a kosher range. And they don't make the right call 100% of the time, but I think this was a fairly accurate one. That's literally all I've said, and you're bitching me out over it :lol:

Archived