The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are the Canucks biggest rivals?

canuckelhead70

Who is are biggest rival team?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think we have or will play Boston enough to consider them rival although they did take the cup from us, on our home ice. Right now I'd say Chicago, but LA is up there as well especially if we meet them again this coming playoffs. From a historical point of view, it definitely should be Calgary, although they've got a looooooong way to go before becoming our rival again.

San Jose is a much bigger rival than most people (don't) give them credit for. A lot of memorable regular season games have come from the Sharks as the opposition for the Canucks over the years, and they hate us for putting them out of the playoffs.

San Jose is a much bigger rival than most people (don't) give them credit for. A lot of memorable regular season games have come from the Sharks as the opposition for the Canucks over the years, and they hate us for putting them out of the playoffs.

If we are seeing the only teams that have been able to beat us in the last 5/6 years as our rivals, then wouldn't the whole west see us as their rivals?

I see the kings, Blackhawks, and bruins are front runners. Is it just because those are the last few teams to bump us from the playoffs?

I dont see the bruins as rivals very much, do I hate them? Well yes, but it's much to fresh to be considered a rivalry. LA fits into this categorie as well for me.

Chicago has given us fits and frights, making our blood run hot, and our tempers near explode. This has been the case for a number of years, and with no end in sight. Chicago would be our rivals, too bad they are switching divisions:(

I see in the next five years, one of; Minnesota, LA, Edmonton being our biggest rivals.

I don't think we have or will play Boston enough to consider them rival although they did take the cup from us, on our home ice. Right now I'd say Chicago, but LA is up there as well especially if we meet them again this coming playoffs. From a historical point of view, it definitely should be Calgary, although they've got a looooooong way to go before becoming our rival again.

By the time Calgary is good again we'll have probably tanked, gotten really good, and then tanked again. At that point the Canucks and Flames will be in a role reversal and there still wont be a good rivalry.

Hopefully we'll be tied or leading in Stanley Cups by then though.

Archived