The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are the Canucks biggest rivals?

canuckelhead70

Who is are biggest rival team?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only read up to here and could tell that if the first sentence is weird, the rest of the post probably gets weirder... I can't believe you missed the point entirely, when you can READ the sentences :lol::lol::lol: wowwwww. When I put ">>>>>>" it was a comparison as to what you would rather "prefer". The preference of being beaten by the Kings and the Chicago as opposed to being beaten by the Bruins in the finals was greater than my preference/likablity of being beaten by Boston--"also" meaning I have a "less than" preference of that happening. Talk about a confused "guy" :lol:

I hate Edmonton the most.

Because of Schultz and the cocky overrated "Young Guns" that the people of Edmonton keep bragging about every year.

I swear to god if they win the lottery I will go to Edmonton and pick fights infront if Rexal, Naked.

Ill fight anyone, it's impossible to beat up someone who is naked.

They will pay the price.

After the coverage in the 2011 Finals, it felt like all the people in Canada were enemies of the Canucks.

To all the Flames fans who donned Bruins jerseys during the Finals....I hope your team gets moved to Seattle!!!

At one time in the past I'd have said Avalanche, as they were the team to beat for us. Now definitely Chicago and in our own division, Minnesota. Good, hard fought games (AV terms) with Minny.

It's hard to have a good rivalry with a team in the other conference, but yeah, it would be nice to fight Boston more often.

Games between us and the Rangers are still ones I look forward to. But any rivalry/hate feeling has been gone for a very long time now...

Chicago resoundingly views Vancouver as their cheif rival. Kane has mentioned it. As has Toews, Bolland, and Keith.

It's funny as we are the team accused of diving, but Hossa is clearly in need of a bid to compete at the next Olympics.

We are their main competition.

Henrik and Daniel have made some highlight reel goals this year, but it's the willingness to fight back that has completely changed the dynamic of this team. We answer the bell and when Henrik roughed up Dough(t)y and stood up for Bieksa.....that to me was the turning point in the season. This team has had more adversity than any other. They know how to deal with it now.

Kesler has returned from injury and is still a dominant player. Burrows is as usual the heart of the team. He is taking a beating out their with the "officials" looking the other way.

Although we are larger, guys like Raymond, Hansen, and Roy are still key contributors using stealth and speed. Higgins hopefully will be back soon. His emergence as a forward this year seems cruely shortened by the injury. Not long though. Lapierre is finally finding the back of the net and playing like a heat-seeking missle. As are Weise, Pinnizotto, and Sestito.

The defence has never been better. Edler is finally playing with some steam, Garrison is amazing, Bieksa is brutally efficient, Hamhuis, Ballard, Alberts, Barker. That is pretty deep. To think we will most likely slot in Vandermeer for the post season. He'll make us that much better. Willing to tune anyone. Lucic? He's fed him shots with a smile on his face. Hopefully Tanev can make it back for the playoffs.

And our back up goalie is Roberto Luongo...... Our back up got us to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final just two years ago. What other team can say that presently?

We are still an elite team. Just watch.

Back in the WCE days we used to have awesome rivalries with Calgary, Minnesota, Colorado. Now I don't really think we have any rivals outside of maybe the Blackhawks and possibly LA since we always seem to face them in the playoffs.

Still not the same though. When we were fighting for the playoffs and/or division titles and playing 8 games per year against each NW division team things got pretty hairy. Back then the NW division was also the most competitive.

1. Chicago (All the years we've met in the playoffs, how could they not be our biggest rivals?)

2. Boston (Don't even have to elaborate on this one..)

3. LA (Now, after last years "Quick" playoff exit)

4. Anaheim (Always have good entertaining games vs. these guys, not to mention the year they won the cup!)

5. Minnesota (Division rivals and with their new roster the games should be even more hard fought)

6. San Jose (It's clear we don't get along, they got us this year but we could meet in the playoffs again)

7. Detroit (Our team obviously respects them a whole lot, definitely love to watch us play against these guys)

8. Dallas (Since we eliminated them the same year Anaheim won the cup we've been bitter rivals, next season with the divisions changing it should be interesting!)

Honourable mention:

9. Calgary (Obviously a long lasting rivalry, but it just won't be the same with out Iggy) :(

10. Nashville, Phoenix or St Louis could all make a case for the last spot.. But unsure which to pick. lol

This would be my list of teams in the NHL that really get us going, I throw Calgary in there just because of the history.. Even if they're no longer a playoff contending team.

Rivalries are usually made in the playoffs and that applies to us and the Hawks, but triple. Add in the Duncan Keith elbow and all of the other stuff that has happened between these two teams and it is currently one of the NHL's biggest rivalries.It may not have the history of the Habs-Bruins rivalry but in my opinion the games between these two teams are just as intense.

Archived