Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

NHL14 details being released

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

They need to fix the roster moves in both GMC and BAGM, for example say EA's brilliant AI throw Ryan O'Reilly in the minors to start the season, but gives me 23 players, so I can't call him up without sending someone down. Only other problem is I can't send someone down without being under the cap floor, so I've got to sign some scrub for $8 million.

#62 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

They need to fix the roster moves in both GMC and BAGM, for example say EA's brilliant AI throw Ryan O'Reilly in the minors to start the season, but gives me 23 players, so I can't call him up without sending someone down. Only other problem is I can't send someone down without being under the cap floor, so I've got to sign some scrub for $8 million.

They need to make it so you can go over or under the cap to do things like trades and roster moves and then let you sort it out afterwards.

The computer not letting you go a penny over the cap for any reason is ridiculous.

#63 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

EA Sports announced on April 15 the new features that will be available on its NHL14 video game and fighting will remain an important feature.

NHL14 will include what is being called the “Enforcer Engine”.

“Powered by the same technology used in the critically acclaimed Fight Night franchise, NHL 14 will bring a brand new third-person presentation to showcase the anatomy of a fight,” EA Sports announced in a press release. “All players on the ice (human or CPU) remain live from the drop of the gloves to the trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action. This new technology delivers, for the first time in the EA SPORTS NHL franchise, true size and strength differentiation between players, new jostling mechanics and much more to create the most authentic and electrifying experience yet.”

Fans will also be able to “Live the Life of an NHL player” in what EA Sports is calling “an all-new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now featuring on and off-ice elements.”

“The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player,” the press release states. “On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.”

Other new features in the popular video game include NHL Collision Physics, True Performance Skating and One-Touch Dekes.

NHL 14 releases on September 10, 2013 in North America.

http://blogs.montrea...l14-video-game/
Posted Image

#64 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

I hope they do that thing where they had custom covers signed by the player itself like what they did last year... If they do that, I really do hope it's not the Sedins again. Last year, it was Henrik, the year before that it was both Daniel and Henrik. They should try and at least get someone else like Bieksa.. Fan favourite and he loves meeting fans and taking pics and signing stuff for them.

#65 Milz04

Milz04

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

i don't get why EA took out the 3 stars coming on to the ice! I thought it was a nice feature!

and the national jerseys look horrendous!! Team Canada's for one makes me want to throw up!!

#66 Milz04

Milz04

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

and when are we going to have a sports-center theme in Season mode?? I'd love to see what other teams did that day...who scored...etc...

NHL2K series might have sucked but it gave the players a lot of fun....like playing the NHL skills competition for one....earning points to uncover stories or trophies...

DAMN IT EA!! make this game fun for the typical kid....or the kid at heart!!

#67 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

i don't get why EA took out the 3 stars coming on to the ice! I thought it was a nice feature!

and the national jerseys look horrendous!! Team Canada's for one makes me want to throw up!!

They took out three stars, being able to start stuff after the whistle and goalie interference.... :sadno:

And the national jerseys are all just bland boring jerseys with the national flag on them, ugh.... :sick:

#68 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,848 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

they should add the world juniors.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#69 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

they should add the world juniors.

Again, that probably clashes with the IIHF ruling and stuff that is kinda similar to their international jerseys thing

#70 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

EA Sports announced on April 15 the new features that will be available on its NHL14 video game and fighting will remain an important feature.

NHL14 will include what is being called the “Enforcer Engine”.

“Powered by the same technology used in the critically acclaimed Fight Night franchise, NHL 14 will bring a brand new third-person presentation to showcase the anatomy of a fight,” EA Sports announced in a press release. “All players on the ice (human or CPU) remain live from the drop of the gloves to the trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action. This new technology delivers, for the first time in the EA SPORTS NHL franchise, true size and strength differentiation between players, new jostling mechanics and much more to create the most authentic and electrifying experience yet.”

Fans will also be able to “Live the Life of an NHL player” in what EA Sports is calling “an all-new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now featuring on and off-ice elements.”

“The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player,” the press release states. “On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.”

Other new features in the popular video game include NHL Collision Physics, True Performance Skating and One-Touch Dekes.

NHL 14 releases on September 10, 2013 in North America.

http://blogs.montrea...l14-video-game/

Wow, sounds like fighting might be entertaining and fun in NHL 14, and all the action stays live? So everybody (including the benches, seriously they disappear too) doesn't just up and vanish?

Took them long enough, haven't people been complaining about the fighting since NHL 10 or something? Oh well, better late then never.

#71 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

I hope they do that thing where they had custom covers signed by the player itself like what they did last year... If they do that, I really do hope it's not the Sedins again. Last year, it was Henrik, the year before that it was both Daniel and Henrik. They should try and at least get someone else like Bieksa.. Fan favourite and he loves meeting fans and taking pics and signing stuff for them.

Considering that hits and fights are enhanced in this version I think Bieksa would be the better fit for a customer cover this year.
Posted Image

#72 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Considering that hits and fights are enhanced in this version I think Bieksa would be the better fit for a customer cover this year.

It's too bad Bieksa doesn't hit much or fight anymore...

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 17 April 2013 - 09:48 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.