The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Minnesota and Vancouver

aqua59

Minny has a few injuries now. Suter, Cullen, im sure im missing a few also. They aren't gonna be catching us now. Its actually too bad we lost yesterday i think the ducks are catchable now. Their certainly slumping hard and this is actually looking like a good year to have the top 2 spots in the division. There is clearly a sizeable gap between playing a minny/columbus/detroit/dallas and playing st.louis or SJ.

Minny have a much easier schedule than Van for sure and they are now 5pts back. Canucks do not have the lead in the bag. Hopefully the team will do what they always do: play like crap against the bad teams and lights out against the goodies.

At the moment, Nucks need 10pts to win the division and that's if Minny won all of their remaining games (Minny gets a tie breaker with more wins or it would be 9pts). Out of the next 7 games, I think we need to win 4.

Nashville, St.Louis, Dallas, Edmonton or one of Det, Chi or Ana should do it. I would really like to see them win 2 against the contending teams and St.L. and Nashville. It will be very revealing to see which teams they L/W against in the upcoming weeks.

BTW Suter was playing last night -got an A. Heatly gone for the season.

I'll point out that Minny lost yet another game last night. Forget winning the division from Vancouver, they might not make the play offs period.

If you look at Vancouver over the last ten games, they tightened up defensively , scored on the power play and won games. That can't be said for Minny. All of a sudden they are concerned about staying in the play off hunt.

A flop!

Archived