The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

DonLever

Unlike most people on the internet, I have the ability to think. I know bull when I see it and if something can't be verified then I'm not blatantly asserting it anyway and I'm certainly not promoting it like the countless douchebags on Facebook are.

False flag this. False flag that. Illuminati this. Illuminati that. Government conspiracy this. Government conspiracy that. People missing their legs are simply government actors. Tell me more about how they're actors when they're in wheelchairs for the rest of their life because they evidently HAVE NO LEGS.

Unlike most people on the internet, I have the ability to think. I know bull when I see it and if something can't be verified then I'm not blatantly asserting it anyway and I'm certainly not promoting it like the countless douchebags on Facebook are.

False flag this. False flag that. Illuminati this. Illuminati that. Government conspiracy this. Government conspiracy that. People missing their legs are simply government actors. Tell me more about how they're actors when they're in wheelchairs for the rest of their life because they evidently HAVE NO LEGS.

If one truly has the ability to think then one wouldn't rule anything out or declare anything without evidence. Some of what you suggest I agree is ridiculous. But why go to such ridiculous lengths just because others do?

And to suggest or deny government or upper-echelon involvement in conspiracies throughout history is delusional. If anything, it only goes to show how such people have been manipulated.

It's the same old circular nonsense:

Q: Has your government ever lied to you and conspired to do evil things

A: yes

Q: Has the media ever lied to you in order to further top-level agendas

Q: Who told you the facts you are reporting about {insert incident here}

A: The government and the media

But yeah, I was entertained by your comments about how "unlike most people on the internet", you "have the ability to think"! :rolleyes:

Ummm...no, I don't think it is an ordinary thing at all. The ordinary thing would be for law enforcement and defense to be highly vigilant and alert instead of distracted and unfocused on the actual event.

When coincidences happen over and over again, it tends to stop becoming a coincidence. That's precisely the point.

I will simply repeat:

"The easiest way to carry out a false flag attack is by setting up a military exercise that simulates the very attack you want to carry out."

(Captain Eric H. May, who is a former Army NCO and officer, with specialties in nuclear, biological and chemical warfare, military intelligence and public affairs. He is also a former NBC editorial writer who has published widely, from Military Intelligence Magazine to The Wall Street Journal)

I realize it might be severely challenging for the mainstream media sleuths to understand at any cost though...

If one truly has the ability to think then one wouldn't rule anything out or declare anything without evidence. Some of what you suggest I agree is ridiculous. But why go to such ridiculous lengths just because others do?

And to suggest or deny government or upper-echelon involvement in conspiracies throughout history is delusional. If anything, it only goes to show how such people have been manipulated.

It's the same old circular nonsense:

Q: Has your government ever lied to you and conspired to do evil things

Q: Has the media ever lied to you in order to further top-level agendas

Q: Who told you the facts you are reporting about {insert incident here}

A: The government and the media

But yeah, I was entertained by your comments about how "unlike most people on the internet", you "have the ability to think"! :rolleyes:

Failing to realize what a conspiracy actually is merely shows the mental ineptitude of the masses. This was a conspiracy that took place no matter how you look at it. People conspired to plant bombs and kill and injure people and they carried out the conspiracy. The question is who is behind it.

It's really a simple concept to grasp.

There's no rational reason to think that it is a conspiracy. Oh, because the government has done some bad things in the past, it's perfectly fine to jump to conclusions and cry conspiracy like an ignorant twit? When there is sufficient evidence that isn't pulled out of asses and completely fabricated then I will be more inclined to believe that this was secretly orchestrated by the government. Instead what we see is precisely the opposite of that - evidence pulled out of asses and grossly fabricated. I have not seen one legitimate piece of evidence to show that this is a conspiracy. I thought we lived in a evidence based society? I guess not.

Not necessarily. It could have been a single person acting alone. A conspiracy by defintion requires more than 1 person to act.

For all we know this could be some anti-social closet case who decided to leave some pipe bombs in a crowded area. We hardly know any facts here. We don't know the suppossed motivation of the perpetrators. No one has laid claim to the attack yet. You don't even know who the government is supposedly poisoning our minds against yet, but you've already jumped to the conclusion of government conspiracy.

Tim Wise with some real talk.

"White privilege is knowing that even if the Boston Marathon bomber turns out to be white, his or her identity will not result in white folks generally being singled out for suspicion by law enforcement, or the TSA, or the FBI.

White privilege is knowing that even if the bomber turns out to be white, no one will call for whites to be profiled as terrorists as a result, subjected to special screening, or threatened with deportation."

http://www.timwise.o...r-of-whiteness/

I'm not in disagreement with some of what you're saying. And actually, by definition this very likely was a conspiracy. The unanswered question is who was behind it and who one chooses to believe for their information. There are pathological liars on all sides (government, Alex Jones types etc.). The only difference is that only one group of pathological liars gets most of the world's cameras and microphones in front of their faces via a medium that is designed to manufacture consent.

You might want to read the definition of a conspiracy before delivering an emotion-laden rant.

It seems the lessons learned in analyzing hours of video evidence from the Vancouver Stanley Cup Riot may be of use in this investigation.

Faced with the daunting prospect of having to pore through thousands of images and hours of video, investigators probing the twin bombings at the Boston Marathon may well turn to Vancouver for help, a forensic video analyst in the United States said Tuesday.

Following the Stanley Cup riots in 2011, Vancouver police had to process more than 5,000 hours of video collected from numerous sources.

“The understanding of the power of this evidence, of social media, and the ability of law enforcement to leverage the Internet as successfully as Vancouver did was unprecedented. No one’s done it since,” said Grant Fredericks, an instructor with the non-profit Law Enforcement and Emergency Services Video Association, which helped Vancouver process the video.

“I can guarantee they will be looking at that Vancouver model.”

At a news conference in Boston Tuesday, police and federal agents investigating the detonation of two bombs that killed three people and wounded more than 170 appealed to the public for any video, audio and photos — even images that people might not think are significant.

“There has to be hundreds, if not thousands, of photos and videos” state police Col. Timothy Alben said.

Boston police Commissioner Edward Davis said investigators had also gathered a large number of surveillance tapes from businesses in the area and intended to go through each video frame by frame.

“This is probably one of the most photographed areas in the country yesterday,” he said.

Fredericks, a former Vancouver officer, said it would not surprise him if, in the coming days, authorities in Boston become overwhelmed with evidence, as Vancouver was in the immediate aftermath of the Stanley Cup riot.

“They’ll be saying, ‘Uh-oh. Now what do we do?’” he said.

The day after the riot, Vancouver police gave out instructions for how the public could anonymously send videos to investigators.

A couple months later, riot investigators took the “extraordinary” step of launching a website loaded with images of suspected rioters and asking for the public’s help in identifying those who were involved in destroying businesses, looting stores or setting fires.

Investigators also took all their video evidence to a one-of-a-kind multimedia lab at the University of Indianapolis equipped to process large volumes of video data.

There, they teamed up with Fredericks and a “response team” of about 50 forensic video experts from Canada, the U.S. and Britain.

For two weeks, the analysts converted each piece of video into a standard format and then “tagged” the evidence by assigning numeric codes to each suspect based on their physical characteristics, such as the type and colour of clothing they were wearing.

Once all the codes were entered into a video management system, investigators could return to Vancouver and query the system to see if a person suspected of committing a crime at one location might also have popped up at other locations that same night.

The same method of cataloguing video data could be used in the Boston case, Fredericks said.

Initially, investigators reviewing video from the marathon will likely be homing in on men wearing backpacks who seem out of place. Once a suspect has been identified, the database can be queried to see if that same person turns up elsewhere.

Investigators will want to know what method of transportation they used and whether they were with anyone else.

“Vancouver has developed processes and procedures that the federal government in the U.S. would have a hard time matching. The FBI isn’t in the business of working with the public to gather evidence like this,” Fredericks said.

“The ability to mass process and the ability to examine thousands of hours of video requires the kind of model that Vancouver set up — it requires eyes, a lot of people.”

Unlike what TV crime shows might suggest, “there’s no automated process to do it.”

Const. Brian Montague, a spokesman for the Vancouver Police Department, said Tuesday he was not aware of any requests for assistance in the Boston case.

But, “if asked, we would assist in any way we could.”

http://www.canada.co...l#ixzz2Qg6N1eVo

I wonder how effective a crowd sourcing approach to this would be.

Say for example a website is created that allows people to upload any photos or video they have of the event. To add to that take all the media footage and compile it on the site as well.

Make this all available to the public so that thousands of people have access to the material and can sift through it. I bet a lot of potential leads could be identified in a short period of time.

We all know what a conspiracy is. Most of us anyway. But to call it a government conspiracy requires this little thing called evidence. We know an attack occurred. We know people died. We don't know who initiated the attack therefore we're going to label the government as the perpetrators? And you don't see the problem with that?

Strange that North Koreans weren't mentioned in the MSM immediately after the bombings but "patriots" were.

Haven't they been "threatening" for the past 2 weeks ?

Alex Jones is the guy they send into "poison the well" and make anyone asking legitimate questions seem insane.

I will reserve judgement until more information is revealed.

(this is coming from a guy that thinks the Official Story of 911 is garbage and that 911 was a 100% false flag )

Archived