The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

DonLever

[update, 8:55 p.m. ET] A Saudi national with a leg wound was under guard at a Boston hospital in connection with the bombings at the Boston Marathon, but investigators cannot say he is involved at this time and he is not in custody, a law enforcement official said Monday evening.

-

Now what are the chances a Saudi national was enjoying a patriotic American marathon with everybody else. Guess eventually we will get all the answers everyone is looking for.

[update, 8:55 p.m. ET] A Saudi national with a leg wound was under guard at a Boston hospital in connection with the bombings at the Boston Marathon, but investigators cannot say he is involved at this time and he is not in custody, a law enforcement official said Monday evening.

-

Now what are the chances a Saudi national was enjoying a patriotic American marathon with everybody else. Guess eventually we will get all the answers everyone is looking for.

-

What are the chances that someone from out of town would go to see one of the most well known events in the city they're visiting? Pretty good, I'd say.

Your question is like asking "What are the chances an American would be at a traditional Brazilian festival like Carnivale??" It's idiotic.

Honestly where do these "reporters" get their questions? They are asking the most stupid questions of one of the doctor's. They are asking for the patients psychological responses. What do you think a victim would say? "Well outside of having my leg amputated I'm having a great day!"

My question is not like asking that. More like an American visiting Mecca during the holy time. Very few and far between. I'm just trying to put the pieces together and found it unusual that not only a Saudi was at the event but in close proximity to the actual blast. I will wager that not many Saudis to to patriotic American hosted events these days. Carnivale itself is a much larger event so just on that you're way off.

My question is not like asking that. More like an American visiting Mecca during the holy time. Very few and far between. I'm just trying to put the pieces together and found it unusual that not only a Saudi was at the event but in close proximity to the actual blast. I will wager that not many Saudis go to patriotic American hosted events these days. Carnivale itself is a much larger event so just on that you're way off.

If a bomber is setting off a bomb by remote control, why would he be so closed to to it?. I doubt the Saudi National is the bomber. It is more like racial profiling by picking out someone Arabic. Big cities like Boston and New York have a lot of Middle Eastern people living there.

There is no evidence that guy is a marathon runner. That guy was just one in the crowd on the sidewalk watching the marathon.

I admit I don't know a lot about the marathon besides little snippets I have seen recently. Regardless personally I just don't picture that many Saudi nationals running around Boston. And 'just happen' to be near the blast. Seems odd to me is what I'm saying. Could be totally normal to you.

I admit I don't know a lot about the marathon besides little snippets I have seen recently. Regardless personally I just don't picture that many Saudi nationals running around Boston. And 'just happen' to be near the blast. Seems odd to me is what I'm saying. Could be totally normal to you.

Archived