• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

has this ever happened before um nooo

luongo had 2.11 ga in 2011 the year he was amazing

this year lu has 2.56 Ga

OKAY im worried and im sure many of you guys are too

i will say one thing if lu gets game 1 win in a spectacular fashion he will be our guy over CS

Lu needs to wake up i never seen him play so bad before

Luongos confidence is in question big time I hope this guy can somehow wake up but honestly its going to be all up to game one if he comes and plays good were fine....

if he plays horrible well then pray for cory scheinders return

Edited by yete, 28 April 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#2 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

The great thing about Lu is that he can catch fire in a second. Not worried about him. He can have some horrendous games and then get a shutout in the next game. He'll be just fine.

#3 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

POPULAR

Is yete still allowed to make threads?

Why?
Posted Image

#4 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

The great thing about Lu is that he can catch fire in a second. Not worried about him. He can have some horrendous games and then get a shutout in the next game. He'll be just fine.

Exactly this.

I will say this though, even as a Hardcore Lu Lover, I can see why people are worried and skeptical.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#5 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

POPULAR

i never seen him play so bad before

Watch many games have you?

Edited by hudson bay rules, 28 April 2013 - 11:31 AM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#6 CupisAll

CupisAll

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

he certainly didn't do anything to instil any confidence in him with his team mates. they must be hopintg against hope that schneids is ready to start game one so that they don't have to dig themselves out of an early series hole.

#7 CANUCK-EXPRESS

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Not worried about him, he performs well in the playoffs(take out the Stanley cup finals away games)

#8 smackyo23

smackyo23

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

About two of those goals were his fault, the other 5 the team just gave up in front of him along with multiple give aways in the defensive end. What's with AV always hanging Lou out to dry? I'm convinced it was AV that started this whole decline and the "Lou is mentally weak" crap when he hung him out to dry in that first big series against Chicago back in 2010.

Had AV of started Cory in game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals and then come back to Lou for game 5 I'm sure Canucks would've been Champs.
Posted Image

#9 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Watch many games have you?

i meant before the playoffs....

#10 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,500 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

...Yes I hope for this scheinders return

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#11 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

About two of those goals were his fault, the other 5 the team just gave up in front of him along with multiple give aways in the defensive end. What's with AV always hanging Lou out to dry? I'm convinced it was AV that started this whole decline and the "Lou is mentally weak" crap when he hung him out to dry in that first big series against Chicago back in 2010.

Had AV of started Cory in game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals and then come back to Lou for game 5 I'm sure Canucks would've been Champs.

I stopped watching the game after the 2nd(went to a movie), and after the movie I checked my phone to see Edmonton embarrassed the Chicago Wolves. I gotta say, I was surprised to see most of the GDT actually defending Luongo last night. I never seen any 3rd period highlights, but some of the goals must have just been brutal on the teams sake if people still defended Luongo after letting in 7 goals.
Posted Image

#12 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

He is a veteran. He knows whats good.

It'll be alright.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#13 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

If he gets in he will bring his game. He has alot to prove to the hockey world and I do beleive his is an intense competitor.

Just look how he stormed out yesterday. HE HATES losing and even though he had an AHL team in front of him was pissed.

Last night was not his fault. Lets hope if he gets in game 1, he shakes away all the crap from this year and realizes here is his chance at redemption.

Regardless, CS will carry the ball once he's back but in the interim its up to Lou to be ready and bring the game he believes he is still capable of bringing.

Im defintitely glad he's here with CS potentially out for game one, keeping him and having him as an insurance policy worked out well. Imagine the alternative?

We have no issues with either of our goalies if our team wants to play for 60 mins. That last point being the operative point

#14 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

POPULAR

We dont make it out of the 1st round if Luongo plays more than 1 game.

#15 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Luongo isn't the Energizer bunny...he's human...he gets tired....he lets in bad goals...big whoop..he's still the best goaltender this franchise has ever had.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#16 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

POPULAR

We managed to make it out of 3 rounds and almost a 4th with Luongo in 2011.
Posted Image

#17 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

thats just stupidity - and i have always been saying go with schneids...but that...that's just dumb

#18 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

POPULAR

Can't stand anymore Luongo meltdowns in the playoffs, too much uncertainty from game to game.

CS all the way, ride or die.

#19 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Why are you worried?

Firstly, Schneider should be ready to go for game 1.

If not, Luongo is a veteran goaltender with way too much experience to let a negative experience in a meaningless game where AHLers dressed in front of him throw him off for the next game.

If he plays lights out, I'm sure he'll continue to get games. If not, even if we win, look to Schneider getting the next game. The thing is, it is Schneider's crease now. If your starter is ready to go, you play your starter.

Or else, you risk having the better goaltender of the two sit cold for days and when Luongo falters, Schneider ends up being cold. Especially considering that Schneider has very little experience in the playoffs, I would try to get him the games in as soon as possible - even if Luongo does play lights out.

Why? Because I know Luongo's experienced and he will be able to perform whenever we need him. But we need to give Schneider a chance as a starter because he's earned it.

I am a huge Luongo fan, and I hope to see him play and take us to the Cup - but that only happens if Schneider struggles. So as a Canucks fan, I am very torn right now. Either way, I want what's best for the team, and that's Schneider starting whenever he gets ready no matter how well Luongo's playing. Only when Schneider struggles can we justify Luongo starting again.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#20 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Exactly this.

I will say this though, even as a Hardcore Lu Lover, I can see why people are worried and skeptical.

Lou had improved early in the season by working during the lockout on fundamental and technical issues. He is however, not utilizing these changes at this point in the season . He makes some great stops ,then gets beat on the most fundamental miscues. It defies logic ! The mistakes hes making are so fundamental in the art of goaltending and is very worrisome and not what one would expect at this point in his career. He needs to let the puck hit him more than trying to make the save. His consistency is really suffering and does not bode well for his future. Sad but true.

#21 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I stopped watching the game after the 2nd(went to a movie), and after the movie I checked my phone to see Edmonton embarrassed the Chicago Wolves. I gotta say, I was surprised to see most of the GDT actually defending Luongo last night. I never seen any 3rd period highlights, but some of the goals must have just been brutal on the teams sake if people still defended Luongo after letting in 7 goals.

He even looked like he wanted out of net after like the 4th or 5th goal. Never seen him look so defeated.

AV is a pos. No other coach in the NHL would have done that to Lu, and even everyone on the panel said they would have pulled him.

This has happened too many times now, Schneider would have been pulled.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#22 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

After last night, I'm more worried about AV than Lu.

#23 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

His little media "i'm a good guy" song and dance doesn't fool me.

His press conference after deadline however speaks volumes of how badly he wants out of Vancouver.

He is not 100% committed to this team, he ran away bailing last night, for god sake.

I hope for the sake of this team he stops feeling sorry for himself and at least makes an attempt at taking his #1 status/ career back.

As of right now we are watching his demise and it gets more pathetic by the day.

Man up and play you big baby.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#24 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,009 posts

Yes, but the horrendous games seem to come when everything is on the line. This is Schneider's team now, I'm not confident with Luo between the pipes throughout the playoffs if Cory can't play.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#25 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

We managed to make it out of 3 rounds and almost a 4th with Luongo in 2011.

This is NOT the Luongo of 2011...not even close.

#26 CaptainKool

CaptainKool

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Do you guys think Luongo wanted to let in those 7 goals and be the worse player of the game while he had been playing so well? No doubt that Luuu made some mistakes, but after that 4th goal, the whole team was off and Luuu was out there being toyed by the oilers. You make this thread will just hurt him more. I bet you are a Schneider supporter instead of Canucks fan. If Schneider doesnt return before game 1, we can only rely on Luuu.

Stop with these threads please

#27 WindChaser

WindChaser

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

The only thing that worries me about Luongo is his lateral movement... he seems to be sliding across on his belly a lot whereas Schneider slides across on his knees... this makes Luongo extremely vulnerable to top shelf shots and it seems many teams have picked that up

However, I will not worry if Luongo plays for us in the playoffs for us at least for a couple games

#28 CupisAll

CupisAll

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

After last night, I'm more worried about AV than Lu.

i've been worried about both of them since game 3 of the 2011 scf

#29 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Do you guys think Luongo wanted to let in those 7 goals and be the worse player of the game while he had been playing so well? No doubt that Luuu made some mistakes, but after that 4th goal, the whole team was off and Luuu was out there being toyed by the oilers. You make this thread will just hurt him more. I bet you are a Schneider supporter instead of Canucks fan. If Schneider doesnt return before game 1, we can only rely on Luuu.

Stop with these threads please

so luongo gona play bad because i made this thread lol

#30 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yeah, the first 2 were bad. The team gave up after the next one, when it was tied at 2. OK it was dumb to start Luongo but even dumber when AV never even called a time out after the 3rd goal against Canucks. He needed to be a coach and he perfered to do nothing. Oh yeah he was smirking when the media asked him about Schneiders "injury" and again when he pulled Henrik early in the game. Is he smirking now? I think he has just "non coached" himself out of the playoffs early.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.