The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo is ice cold unconfident going into playoffs wow

yete

has this ever happened before um nooo

luongo had 2.11 ga in 2011 the year he was amazing

this year lu has 2.56 Ga

OKAY im worried and im sure many of you guys are too

i will say one thing if lu gets game 1 win in a spectacular fashion he will be our guy over CS

Lu needs to wake up i never seen him play so bad before

Luongos confidence is in question big time I hope this guy can somehow wake up but honestly its going to be all up to game one if he comes and plays good were fine....

if he plays horrible well then pray for cory scheinders return

About two of those goals were his fault, the other 5 the team just gave up in front of him along with multiple give aways in the defensive end. What's with AV always hanging Lou out to dry? I'm convinced it was AV that started this whole decline and the "Lou is mentally weak" crap when he hung him out to dry in that first big series against Chicago back in 2010.

Had AV of started Cory in game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals and then come back to Lou for game 5 I'm sure Canucks would've been Champs.

About two of those goals were his fault, the other 5 the team just gave up in front of him along with multiple give aways in the defensive end. What's with AV always hanging Lou out to dry? I'm convinced it was AV that started this whole decline and the "Lou is mentally weak" crap when he hung him out to dry in that first big series against Chicago back in 2010.

Had AV of started Cory in game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals and then come back to Lou for game 5 I'm sure Canucks would've been Champs.

If he gets in he will bring his game. He has alot to prove to the hockey world and I do beleive his is an intense competitor.

Just look how he stormed out yesterday. HE HATES losing and even though he had an AHL team in front of him was pissed.

Last night was not his fault. Lets hope if he gets in game 1, he shakes away all the crap from this year and realizes here is his chance at redemption.

Regardless, CS will carry the ball once he's back but in the interim its up to Lou to be ready and bring the game he believes he is still capable of bringing.

Im defintitely glad he's here with CS potentially out for game one, keeping him and having him as an insurance policy worked out well. Imagine the alternative?

We have no issues with either of our goalies if our team wants to play for 60 mins. That last point being the operative point

Guest Dasein

Why are you worried?

Firstly, Schneider should be ready to go for game 1.

If not, Luongo is a veteran goaltender with way too much experience to let a negative experience in a meaningless game where AHLers dressed in front of him throw him off for the next game.

If he plays lights out, I'm sure he'll continue to get games. If not, even if we win, look to Schneider getting the next game. The thing is, it is Schneider's crease now. If your starter is ready to go, you play your starter.

Or else, you risk having the better goaltender of the two sit cold for days and when Luongo falters, Schneider ends up being cold. Especially considering that Schneider has very little experience in the playoffs, I would try to get him the games in as soon as possible - even if Luongo does play lights out.

Why? Because I know Luongo's experienced and he will be able to perform whenever we need him. But we need to give Schneider a chance as a starter because he's earned it.

I am a huge Luongo fan, and I hope to see him play and take us to the Cup - but that only happens if Schneider struggles. So as a Canucks fan, I am very torn right now. Either way, I want what's best for the team, and that's Schneider starting whenever he gets ready no matter how well Luongo's playing. Only when Schneider struggles can we justify Luongo starting again.

Archived