Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

Which non-playoff team had the most disappointing season?

Which non-playoff team had the most disappointing season?   38 members have voted

1. 1. Which non-playoff team had the most disappointing season?

• Florida
    • Colorado
    • Tampa Bay
    • Nashville
    • Carolina
    • Edmonton
    • Philadelphia
    • Phoenix
    • Buffalo
    • New Jersey

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Which non-playoff team had the most disappointing season? Meaning which team had high expectations this year to make the playoffs but failed?

I would say the Flyers.

same i say flyers when you have a great team like them and don't make the playoffs its a disappointment and plus they didn't get a good draft pick

The way the Canucks play I bet we could be considered non-playoffs...

Devils. Made it to the Stanley Cup finals and they can't even make the playoffs now

Philly just seems to be a circus on and off the ice right now so I say Nashville

Carolina. Made some big moves expecting to make the playoffs, didn't accomplish anything.

Carolina. Made some big moves expecting to make the playoffs, didn't accomplish anything.

Out of all those teams on the poll, the only teams I would disagree with would be Colorado and Florida. Every other team left were expecting to make the playoffs with the moves they made this offseason and if they didn't catch bad breaks and start having continuous losing streaks, things would've looked different.

The Devils they made the Cup Final last year and are out of the playoffs this year

Got to go with the Oilers. All that young talent, all those high first round picks, and many of the players have had enough seasons under their belts now to start winning games.

My inital reaction was Philly, but we've seen in the past really talented teams have an off year. The Ducks last season and a Blackhawks team that had to back into the playoffs a year after winning the Cup.

I think the Flyers will be back next year.

For my money, the Oilers are the biggest disappointment. They landed arguably the most coveted free agent in the off-season, added yet another first overall pick to the roster and had a core starting the season with competitive games already under their belt. They were picked by most to make the playoffs and by many to challenge for the division title.

Yet once again, they are on the outside looking in and now have a new GM who's job it is to right the ship, even though he was unsuccessful in doing so as coach.