The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which non-playoff team had the most disappointing season?

Which non-playoff team had the most disappointing season?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Out of all those teams on the poll, the only teams I would disagree with would be Colorado and Florida. Every other team left were expecting to make the playoffs with the moves they made this offseason and if they didn't catch bad breaks and start having continuous losing streaks, things would've looked different.

My inital reaction was Philly, but we've seen in the past really talented teams have an off year. The Ducks last season and a Blackhawks team that had to back into the playoffs a year after winning the Cup.

I think the Flyers will be back next year.

For my money, the Oilers are the biggest disappointment. They landed arguably the most coveted free agent in the off-season, added yet another first overall pick to the roster and had a core starting the season with competitive games already under their belt. They were picked by most to make the playoffs and by many to challenge for the division title.

Yet once again, they are on the outside looking in and now have a new GM who's job it is to right the ship, even though he was unsuccessful in doing so as coach.

Archived