Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kelly Sutherland explanation for call on Daniel Sedin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
372 replies to this topic

#361 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

The NHL has become joke plain and simple.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#362 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

The problem with nhl officiating is that one can always defend poor calls. Always.

#363 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

The NHL has become joke plain and simple.

I'm trying to grow the balls necessary to full-out boycott the nhl all together until Bettman is gone, and its getting easier and easier for me.

#364 TheJokesOnYou

TheJokesOnYou

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

The problem with nhl officiating is that one can always defend poor calls. Always.

The fact that there literally are no rules certainly makes it easier.

#365 Tits J. McGee

Tits J. McGee

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

How the hell did who ever it was get away with slashing our players on the bench? That should be suspendable?

Last game with SJ.
All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.

#366 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Why do people keep saying the Sharks would have won the series anyway? I am not so sure. The game happens on the ice, and the Canucks had their chance at a miracle comeback stolen. As for as I am concerned we have no way of knowing if the better team won.

To add to that

1) Of course the Sharks looked better, they spent the entire series on the PP
2) Credit to the Canucks for trying to battle through it. Unless you have played any sport at a high level you have no idea how those calls can affect your mindset.

I think the Canucks could have won this series even down 3-0 if the refs had stopped buying some of the most obvious dives we have ever witnessed.

"Who knows, the center ice ref might have had a better view than the ref 5 feet away."

#367 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

rendsmap Vancouver@TrendsVancouver 9m

This isn't a threat, but I'm fairly certain Sutherland better stay away from BC for the rest of his life. He better put his house on the market and leave asap. Sports fans can be dangerous little buggers and he's got a target on his back.

I agree 100%, this guy deserves to be smacked around... But doing this will only infuriate him further to make worse and worse calls the next time we make the playoffs, not to mention give Vancouver an even worse rep as city. After the last unmentionable fiasco after we got eliminated in the SC final, I don't think we need that now do we? :mellow:

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#368 TheJokesOnYou

TheJokesOnYou

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

I agree 100%, this guy deserves to be smacked around... But doing this will only infuriate him further to make worse and worse calls the next time we make the playoffs, not to mention give Vancouver an even worse rep as city. After the last unmentionable fiasco after we got eliminated in the SC final, I don't think we need that now do we? :mellow:

Is that possible?

I don't think NHL officials have the power to give a player 5-10 years in jail for slashing...and thank goodness, or Burrows would be in the big house for the rest of his life.

#369 John316

John316

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

So playoff hockey for Daniel & Bieksa then, right?

Boychuk rode him into the boards then gave him an extra omph for good measure. Raymond was in a vulnerable position - don't defend it.

I'll show more examples later, but tell me he couldn't have put the brakes on and eased up without the extra jam into the boards here? If not, he needs one of those carts and to learn how to stop.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Look how far from the boards they are when this is initiated...don't tell me he had to jam him into the boards in that position...it was dangerous and it hurt him. Enough said.

100% agree...there is absolutely no way that is clean playoff hit/action. IF any Canuck did that...major penalty(intent to injure) plus massive suspension. Serious ref consipiracy big time :(

#370 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

its old news but it should bring us some chuckles:

http://www.tsn.ca/bl...eger/?id=386720
Posted Image

#371 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

Is that possible?

I don't think NHL officials have the power to give a player 5-10 years in jail for slashing...and thank goodness, or Burrows would be in the big house for the rest of his life.

Haha It is highly possible, because other refs would be doing the calls as well after that. No way the Canucks get the calls if the fans in the city lynched a referee, every playoff would be a first round exit. :sick:

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#372 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Have players ever purposely shot pucks at refs?
They should just "dump" the puck in all game long and play target practice.

This would only infuriate the fraternity and we'll see massive calls against us next game.
Then we play the dump in "game" again.

Repeatedly do this until the refs are tired of getting stitched up and call a fair game.

If this throws our whole season who cares, it's not like we are going to ever win the cup with the reffing bias anyway.

#373 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,384 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

So playoff hockey for Daniel & Bieksa then, right?

Boychuk rode him into the boards then gave him an extra omph for good measure. Raymond was in a vulnerable position - don't defend it.

I'll show more examples later, but tell me he couldn't have put the brakes on and eased up without the extra jam into the boards here? If not, he needs one of those carts and to learn how to stop.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Look how far from the boards they are when this is initiated...don't tell me he had to jam him into the boards in that position...it was dangerous and it hurt him. Enough said.

I watch the play at speed not freeze frames, the stick was there for half a second and Boychuk was finishing his check.

Edited by canuck73_3, 10 May 2013 - 01:35 PM.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.