The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chris Tanev - a potential offer sheet target?

Gmmg should have a pretty good idea if he is going to be able to trade lou or not. He might not know exactly what he can get but he certainly knows if hes tradeable. Assuming hes tradeable, you make the best trade you can at this point and unload that money. If edler is staying here buyout ballard or trade him. buyout or trade booth. These three things need to be done asap. If we arent in a vulnerable position with regards to tanev then we hold the power. if we are having a cap problem then were ripe for the picken.

Besides, with regards to these three players (lou, ballard and booth) sometimes its best to just move on.

personally i would get something pretty great for edler and schnieder that would really beef up our forward ranks and keep ballard. Under a new coach, ballard may just be a good asset for this team and earn his keep. It beats getting nothing for him and having to buy him out.

Any team would want him. A smart, young, puck-moving defenceman who doesn't fall under pressure. Very calm, that's the one thing I like about him. He can make anyone he plays with better. Simply the reason I want an Edler-Tanev pair.

Spend your time and go to Capgeek.com, read your CBA and then do the math. Under the league's present financial model, under the present CBA, two seasons out (after 2014-2015), we will have some very difficult decisions to make.

I don't see him getting more than 2 million (basically he won't be offer-sheeted). I'm guessing that he'll settle for a two year deal @ 1.5 per year.

It would also, in my opinion make sense for him as he should be hitting his prime when the deal expires (BIG RAISE).

I don't see him getting more than 2 million (basically he won't be offer-sheeted). I'm guessing that he'll settle for a two year deal @ 1.5 per year.

It would also, in my opinion make sense for him as he should be hitting his prime when the deal expires (BIG RAISE).

Id love to know why u think tanev is worth way more than 1.5 mill he is some what mobile a good skater and passer but has no physical game and no offense i think he has 2 career goals. in my eyes hes work 1.3-1.65 max per yr.

There is alot of other teams in cap trouble especially kings voynov could be stolen from them possibly. If im vancouver id trade booth for a third same goes for ballard . Trade one of the goalies, burrows and edler before their ntc kick in. If im gillis id offersheet any of hamonic, berglund and mcdonagh. edler packaged with luongo could get us some nice young players. The old stale team will be better once the incompetent coach staff is gone but we need more youth and grit if u ask me. Im even wondering if gillis will shop the sedins.

Dump Weise, Joslin and Barker (all RFA) = $2.0M

Problem solved. $1.7/ for 3 years. (50% increase)

If he doesn't sign let him walk. We get caught in this trap on every player............paying too much. If they think it's so great with another team let them go.

We must reverse this trend of overpaying players of average or just above average ability.

Gmmg should have a pretty good idea if he is going to be able to trade lou or not. He might not know exactly what he can get but he certainly knows if hes tradeable. Assuming hes tradeable, you make the best trade you can at this point and unload that money. If edler is staying here buyout ballard or trade him. buyout or trade booth. These three things need to be done asap. If we arent in a vulnerable position with regards to tanev then we hold the power. if we are having a cap problem then were ripe for the picken.

Besides, with regards to these three players (lou, ballard and booth) sometimes its best to just move on.

personally i would get something pretty great for edler and schnieder that would really beef up our forward ranks and keep ballard. Under a new coach, ballard may just be a good asset for this team and earn his keep. It beats getting nothing for him and having to buy him out.

If anyone should be concerned right now its the Blues. They have cap space, but are a small market team with the likes of Stewart, Berglund, Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk all as RFA's. And would anyone be shocked if Philly offered either of Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk the Weber deal?

Heck, if I'm Holmgren I offer both ridiculous contracts and see what happens.

Id love to know why u think tanev is worth way more than 1.5 mill he is some what mobile a good skater and passer but has no physical game and no offense i think he has 2 career goals. in my eyes hes work 1.3-1.65 max per yr.

There is alot of other teams in cap trouble especially kings voynov could be stolen from them possibly. If im vancouver id trade booth for a third same goes for ballard . Trade one of the goalies, burrows and edler before their ntc kick in. If im gillis id offersheet any of hamonic, berglund and mcdonagh. edler packaged with luongo could get us some nice young players. The old stale team will be better once the incompetent coach staff is gone but we need more youth and grit if u ask me. Im even wondering if gillis will shop the sedins.

Archived