The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The City of Calgary has declared a local state of emergency

Heretic

Did anyone see the video of the water smashing a house into a bridge at Bragg Creek? Absolutely unbelievable. Looking at these pictures/videos reminds me of the flooding of Ross Creek near Medicine Hat a few years back. I wish all my family/friends/fellow Albertans the best of luck.

As a diehard Canucks fan living in Medicine Hat I am appalled at some of the ignorant hate filled posts of some of you. This will devastate our small city and has put Calgary in ruin. For goodness sake have some common decency when people lose their homes and lives.

$5 donations can be made via text through Rogers or Fido. Text ABHELP.

http://redboard.roge...-relief-effort/

C'mon guys, it's not the time for jokes and wisecracks. This is a tragic situation here...can't believe the pictures/videos and how fast that water's running. Powerful stuff. Thoughts are with our neighbours in Alberta...may you stay safe and recover quickly.

As a diehard Canucks fan living in Medicine Hat I am appalled at some of the ignorant hate filled posts of some of you. This will devastate our small city and has put Calgary in ruin. For goodness sake have some common decency when people lose their homes and lives.

Damn lots of memorabilia lost in the flood.. As much as I dislike the Flames and how crappy their team is right now, the history they've lost because of this flood is just brutal.

I never actually knew Calgary, or areas surrounding Calgary, would actually flood.

Archived