The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MG on Team 1040 at 10:45 am Today

CanucksFanMike

I totally agree with the posters calling for

Gillis' head. This guy is the most cocky,

Stubborn sob ever. First off why would u sign Roberto to such a long contract and then just two years into it, decide that he's no longer the starter. This guy should go back to being a hardass player agent and gilman should be gm,

At least he is a decent interview and seems very bright.

I think the problem is the following.

1. No dispute with talent level

2. Issue is contract term - not cap hit

3. Precedent has now been set in the NHL. You have a bad contract, buy it out, no one will take it. Bryz, Lecavalier, Briere buyouts have pretty much set the table for Gillis. He waited too long and lost in his game of 'chicken' with the rest of the league. Those teams certainly tried to move those players first and clearly the rest of the league is saying nope, don't want that contract, thanks but no thanks, I don't care how good he is. Unless he's malkin, stamkos, crosby, sorry. That's just the market dynamic now.

4. MG had to realize, while he may value something highly, if the buyer isn't willing to pay the price you're asking, if you don't understand your own negotiation position, you will not sell your asset.

5. As per 3 above, my worry is now he will wait again, miss the buyout window, be forced to trade schnieds and by that point, teams will have addressed their goaltending issues and therefore he'll get even less than what we expect for a schnieder deal.

6. The man is useless and I am starting to think, stupid.

I totally agree with the posters calling for

Gillis' head. This guy is the most cocky,

Stubborn sob ever. First off why would u sign Roberto to such a long contract and then just two years into it, decide that he's no longer the starter. This guy should go back to being a hardass player agent and gilman should be gm,

At least he is a decent interview and seems very bright.

I think he's done.

He really messed this deal up and given very good / comparable (abeit different position) players in Briere and Lecavalier have been bought out the gm's of the league are showing the 'expectations/new house rules'...that being, bad contracts are bought out bc no one wants them, no matter how good the player.

MG screwed up again.and the idea of compounding that error by trading schnieds is pure stupidity. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

MG will never get another job as a gm after how he has systematically handcuffed this organization with bad trades/contracts. Almost as bad as what Ferguson did to the leafs.

Ballard

Booth

Timing of Coho

Keeping Raymond over Grabner

Lou

Never finding a 2nd line player

Roy

Not filling our Center holes

Maybe it's not up to Gillis. Perhaps Lu's told him quite matter of fact that he will not be returning? Perhaps Gillis has only been pumping Schneid's value this entire time? Perhaps there's any number of other scenarios happening?

We really have no idea what's actually occurring behind the scenes or who is offering what for which goalies. Your post is presumptuously foolish. Or perhaps foolishly presumptuous ::D

I am with MG all the way. It is a difficult job, anyone would make mistakes and errors, but I don't see that he has blown the job. We have a great core, a new good invigorating coach and two of the best goalies in the league, we are all just mad at having to wait with little news while the new season takes shape. Our team is among the best, being mad that we didn't win a cup yet since MG took over is ridiculous. Linden lost us a cup, everyone loves him, MG's team lost in a game 7 too and we dump on him? Idiots..go riot and burn some other cities cop cars.

With Gillis at the helm this is the most success this team has ever seen, and losing 2 consecutive first round exits IN the playoffs is not good enough relatively speaking during his term with the Canucks which bodes well for what he can do for this team. Anyone who's actually been following the Canucks and in tune with what's going on and wants the best for this team is quite content with Gillis. Anyone who tries to tell me otherwise just shows me how ignorant they are of the Canucks or are simply haters and haters gonna be hatin' regardless. *cue in that cartoon of that kid struttin'*

Archived