Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Weise and Canucks Going to Arbitration

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#91 sabatoge95

sabatoge95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Why even bother going through arbitration to re-sign him? He could easily be replaced or upgraded.
ice-cube-wants-to-do-another-Friday-200xpineapple_express_clip_hits_the_web_300x200x200px-ZC-a8d75dfd_cheech-and-chong.j

#92 5Fivehole0

5Fivehole0

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Uhhh 4th liners certainly aren't rich. They live comfortably, but they are NOT rich. An extra 75-100K is much more important to a guy making $800K compared to a guy making $3+ mil.

I make 110,000 a year as a pipe fitter and live "comfortably"

Trust me when I say... 550'000 a year... is rich.

That is literally 5x what I make, and that's entry level.

You're not a "realist", you're a pessimist.

#93 5Fivehole0

5Fivehole0

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

Luo just spent 20k for a weekend of poker.
One of these things is not like the other.

Yea... Ones a gold medal winning, craig jennings winning, Game 7 SCF, Vezina finalist and ones a 4th line grinder.

You're not a "realist", you're a pessimist.

#94 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,201 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

I make 110,000 a year as a pipe fitter and live "comfortably"

Trust me when I say... 550'000 a year... is rich.

That is literally 5x what I make, and that's entry level.

Yeah but pro athletes have generally a 5-10 year window to make money... you have what? 20-30+ years?

I'm not saying they've got it hard by any means. They certainly do not. But they also have a pretty limited window to maximize earnings. Bottom 6 guys arguably an even smaller one given they're already on the periphery of being in the NHL.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#95 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Let him walk. Then we sign Tanev and Schroeder and see what's left. Can we still go over the cap by 10% until the end of the summer? Could sign Brunner, then waive or trade someone later.

#96 George_Costanza

George_Costanza

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

And it might just not be about money. Perhaps he is fighting for a 2 year contract instead of 1.

Then his chances aren't good.
Posted Image

#97 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

Please let this doofus go!

#98 Kragar

Kragar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

I've liked some of his play this year. For a 4th liner, he sure can skate, and that goal against StL was awesome (although the only "highlight" reel goal this year IMO, in reference to a previous posting).

I don't like hearing about those comments regarding his attitude. If he is as lacking in character, as those comments would suggest, then that makes him even more expendable. Pretty sad character flaw for a bubble player. When you see the Sedin's strive to improve each year, as good as they are, Weise could learn something from their work ethic.

I'd be happy enough if he stayed, but if a 1-way and 10% bump was MG's offer, I'm not sure Weise did much to earn significantly more than that.
Love the weather here, but I miss Vancouver hockey.

#99 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

Glen Sater won't be that stupid to sign Ballard because he is not going to get ice time under AV and it would be a waste of cap space and money.
Weiss was put on waivers by the Rangers whilst Tortorella was coach. It has to be a sour relationship between the two based on words said on Weise interview before Tort was hired. MG and the owner would just make themselves look stupid if they try to re-sign useless Weise for big money only to sit in the press box. If Weise really wants to continue his NHL carrier, his only chance is to sign elsewhere.

#100 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Then his chances aren't good.

/thread
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#101 Ilya Bryzgalov

Ilya Bryzgalov

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

I can scores humangusly more goals than the Dale Wiese...
WHY YOU HEFF TO BE MAD?

Follow me on the twitter @whyhefftobemad

#102 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

Glen Sater won't be that stupid to sign Ballard because he is not going to get ice time under AV and it would be a waste of cap space and money.
Weiss was put on waivers by the Rangers whilst Tortorella was coach. It has to be a sour relationship between the two based on words said on Weise interview before Tort was hired. MG and the owner would just make themselves look stupid if they try to re-sign useless Weise for big money only to sit in the press box. If Weise really wants to continue his NHL carrier, his only chance is to sign elsewhere.

heard that interview referenced several times, can someone link it? i can't seem to find it and i don't really care to watch a bunch of dale weise interviews haha

#103 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

Weise is one of the fastest players on our team with a ocean of heart and willingness to smash opposition because he likes it . I hope they can reach an agreement and put the past behind them.

No1813_comets2_rr.jpgDec2814_jake_rr.jpg

As far as I am concerned, Juice is just "On loan" to the Ducks

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.