The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)NHL goalie rankings: Is Luongo still elite?

naslund.is.king

I most certainly don't solely blame Luongo. My comment was Luongcentric because that was the topic of our discussion. The entire team choked/underperformed. Hopefully we get some answers this season on what the reasoning for that is.

Fair enough

Chicago series was whatever, defense was brutal. He let in some softies, but who doesn't from time to time?

Don't bring up the B's series.. anyone who does doesn't know crap about hockey. 8 GOALS IN 7 GAMES. You expect him to score? :picard:

We wouldn't have won the LA series regardless, remember how solid Quick was?

That is the point. Luongo was good but he was second best in both and a lot of our playoffs series losses. Don't know how ppl are saying he's a legend and a top 3 goalie if he can't outperform the only other goalie he is facing that night

That is the point. Luongo was good but he was second best in both and a lot of our playoffs series losses. Don't know how ppl are saying he's a legend and a top 3 goalie if he can't outperform the only other goalie he is facing that night

People are saying when he retires he'll be top-5 goalie. Look at his statistics all time and you'll understand

I understand he doesn't have a vezna or a cup. What don't u understand??

A lot of Western Goalies don't have Vezinas... Whats you're point... You really think the East only has good goalies??

Vezina's have their meaning but a Conn Smythe (which Lu was 1 win away from) means more IMO. Also Lu was also .01 s% and 1 win away from having a Vezina... Which I still think he should have got the nod on.

I'll say it again... 4 WC goalies have won a Vezina in the last 30 years. Belfour Kipper Fuhr and Bob

A lot of Western Goalies don't have Vezinas... Whats you're point... You really think the East only has good goalies??

Vezina's have their meaning but a Conn Smythe (which Lu was 1 win away from) means more IMO. Also Lu was also .01 s% and 1 win away from having a Vezina... Which I still think he should have got the nod on.

I'll say it again... 4 WC goalies have won a Vezina in the last 30 years. Belfour Kipper Fuhr and Bob

Even if we won the cup that year, Tim Thomas was still winning the Con Smythe.

And on the flipside....

#1 Lundqvist

#2 Quick

#3/4 Rinne

#3/4 Luongo

#5 Howard

IF Rask and Bob have another set of stand out seasons

#1 Lundqvist

#2 Quick

#3 Bobrovski (Bobs on a weaker team and still putting up numbers)

#4 Rask

#5 Luongo/Rinne

Some people on this board make Luongo sound like he has accomplished nothing in his career, I mean come on top 20? how about top 10 .

Agree with you or not his statistics the last 2 seasons, his age, and drama have all factored into his evaluation.

Does that mean he is underrated? Possibly

If you look further than BC he isn't really considered elite, most TO and Oil fans I know shuttered at the thought of Luongo on their team.

The list just says what most are wondering, can he redeem himself?

Agree with you or not his statistics the last 2 seasons, his age, and drama have all factored into his evaluation.

Does that mean he is underrated? Possibly

If you look further than BC he isn't really considered elite, most TO and Oil fans I know shuttered at the thought of Luongo on their team.

The list just says what most are wondering, can he redeem himself?

To be honest the To and EDM fans shouldn't be " shuttering " over the fact of Luongo playing for them because both teams goaltending is no where near Luo's standards are. And i agree with you on how the drama has made his popularity increase but in a bad way so that needs to be taken into account, but on the ice Luo is a phenomenal goaltender.

To be honest the To and EDM fans shouldn't be " shuttering " over the fact of Luongo playing for them because both teams goaltending is no where near Luo's standards are. And i agree with you on how the drama has made his popularity increase but in a bad way so that needs to be taken into account, but on the ice Luo is a phenomenal goaltender.

It's almost like this dark cloud hovers over him, and a lot of people don't take him seriously. For instance if I am around other fans of other teams, the #1 thing they harass me about is Luongo #2 Sedins

Archived