The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adrian Dix Steps Down (6 months to late)

Warhippy

I have now, nor have I ever had issue with the HST, it was the flat out lying to us that I hated. Calling it revenue neutral as well I mean come on...if it is revenue neutral why did we have the exact shortfall from the lost monies received? And then to say it would take 18 months to re-instate the pst/gst when it took less than 2 months to bring it in.

The lying about it was for me the worst regardless of how necessary it was

Fair point but doesn't our system of governance encourage such lying and propaganda? I don't believe this to be exclusively a provincial Liberal problem whatsoever. As sad as it is deceitful propaganda to convince the average citizen to vote one way is a staple of most democracies.

Fair point but doesn't our system of governance encourage such lying and propaganda? I don't believe this to be exclusively a provincial Liberal problem whatsoever. As sad as it is deceitful propaganda to convince the average citizen to vote one way is a staple of most democracies.

I have now, nor have I ever had issue with the HST, it was the flat out lying to us that I hated. Calling it revenue neutral as well I mean come on...if it is revenue neutral why did we have the exact shortfall from the lost monies received? And then to say it would take 18 months to re-instate the pst/gst when it took less than 2 months to bring it in.

I do believe there would be less complaints about all of it, if they were actually doing something while in power to make people believe their interests were being taken care of. Instead we see a lot of finger pointing and name calling, the blame game and the like. It is hard to feel as though your government is representing your best interests when their calling card is [insert previous government parties name here] did it first

The lying about it was for me the worst regardless of how necessary it was though in regards to the HST. I want to know how and where my tax dollars are being spent and believe as a taxpayer and voter that I have that right, as opposed to a proverbial pat on the head and a "there there"

Oh and it's good Dix stepped down, I'm not sure what the NDP were thinking electing that guy as leader.

Also, everyone who gets so heated about politics should try to remember that we all want the same things (what is best for this province/country) we just have different ideas about how to accomplish that.

Don't get so emotional over politics (emotion overrules intellect). We get to vote and once that's done it's in the hands of the politicians to follow through with their promises. If they don't I think it's a good thing to call them out on it, regardless of what party they belong to.

If Dix was SOOO evil for BC, then I would love someone to explain how the Lies tried to give out big raises to staffers. There were even some staffers who took "leaves of absences" to run in the election. They didn't get elected. Then they got big raises when they went back to work for the Lies, err I mean the Government. Yup, CC has our backs.

If Dix was SOOO evil for BC, then I would love someone to explain how the Lies tried to give out big raises to staffers. There were even some staffers who took "leaves of absences" to run in the election. They didn't get elected. Then they got big raises when they went back to work for the Lies, err I mean the Government. Yup, CC has our backs.

Evil or not his past made him unelectable, the NDP should have known this, even a newcomer with a clean record, 300 dollar haircut and 2000 dollar suit, would have been better. Almost anyone would have been better. NDP have no one to blame but themselves. If getting the Libs out of power really was the best thing for BC, they blew it.

When it comes to politics I am pretty neutral to all parties and want to hear what they have to say. Even though I thought it was time for a different party to be in power I thought Dix was about the worst alternative to CC that there could be. At least we know what we can expect from CC, but Dix seemed so shady.

I felt much the same. My problem is that CC is just as bad. Her only positive was her fake media persona sold her to all the sheeple out there. My hope is that they NDP gets the message. Give us someone with personality AND substance. Dix had NEITHER. CC only has personality.

I have to agree with this post on the HST. If they didn't lie about it and were just upfront with the BC taxpayers rather than the lies that revolved around it, I personally would have supported. We are not children who need to be protected from the truth. Even just tell us that they couldn't balance the budget without the HST and that would have been good enough for me.

They actually work all the time it's not like they can hang out in Bermuda when the house is not in session. Things go on day to day.

Also 75k is not exactly a high salary for upper management especially when there are LOT below them earning much more. I would be more concerned about those beaurocrats myself.

But then again, numbers aren't usually strong suits for NDP supporters.

Unfortunately that generally seems to be the type of people that we can vote for LOL.

It would be nice to have certain conditions that are required to fill certain roles.

It would be nice to have things like the Minister of Transportation needing a degree in civil engineering or the Minister of Finance at least have to have an MBA.

Why don't these positions require the appropriate education, like every other job in the entire world?

I just went on the ministry's website and for the life of me I can't find one Minister with an appropriate degree or education in whatever they are the minister of.

edit: I do realize these people are appointed btw.

How hard is it to just tell people the truth is what bugs me. In a marriage if something needs to be done you explain it you agree upon it and you do it. Issues arise when you sneak around and do things behind peoples backs and lie to them. I am not an economics major at all but even I could see that it was a necessary thing, albeit stupid in some of the items they now wanted to tax (second hand clothing...really?)

Since the removal of the HST we haven't even seen a reduction in costs of everyday goods. Just about every small to mid sized business in the province raised their prices to the same level they were at when the HST was around, in effect the HST never left, the extra money just went into peoples pockets.

Now we have been lied to by our government and been cheated by business owners and most of us don't even know it.

I wish more politicians understood you can get away with quite a lot more if you're just brutally honest about things.

They actually work all the time it's not like they can hang out in Bermuda when the house is not in session. Things go on day to day.

Also 75k is not exactly a high salary for upper management especially when there are LOT below them earning much more. I would be more concerned about those beaurocrats myself.

But then again, numbers aren't usually strong suits for NDP supporters.

Archived