The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon X and Y

Rex425

I've never played a Pokemon game, but thinking of getting this one. Which so I go with ? X? Y?

I picked X because I like the version exclusives better, but you really can't go wrong with either!

Where did you download it from? Greninja is still a good pokemon, but I like Chesnaught. That spiky shield move looks awesome, much better than the ones the other two learn when fully evolved.

The Nintendo e-shop, you can buy and download most games from there (though it takes a while to download. X took me over half an hour). Yeah, signature move wise, Chesnaught definitely has the best one. It looks really cool and is like Protect but it does damage. I got rid of Greninja's Water Shuriken pretty soon because it wasn't that great.

This game is taking up so much of my time, it's brilliant. Played all day yesterday and only got to the second gym - it feels like there's just a ton more to do. Plus sending O-Powers and being able to battle people on the PSS is pretty cool. Although I had guy challenge me and then disconnect when he was about to lose today which was lame. :(

Zygarde, the rumoured mascot legendary of Pokemon Z:

zygarde.jpg

Dragon/Ground type, with the ability Aura Break, which reverses the power of "Aura" abilities. The only two pokemon with aura abilities are Xerneas and Yveltal.

It's confirmed. You can catch it in X & Y after you beat the Champion.

Best pokemon I've got through the mystery trade (is that what it's actually called?) is a lv 50 Altaria, which I believe you can catch in the wild later in the game.

The most interesting thing so far for me is that my pokemon team is at levels 25-28 and I just only beat the second gym, and I'm not over-leveled at all.

Best pokemon I've got through the mystery trade (is that what it's actually called?) is a lv 50 Altaria, which I believe you can catch in the wild later in the game.

The most interesting thing so far for me is that my pokemon team is at levels 25-28 and I just only beat the second gym, and I'm not over-leveled at all.

There's definitely a lot more to do in the game. I've spent most of my time exploring. Makes me excited for Z and the Hoenn remakes.

This is also the first time that I've caught the game's main legendary and it was the weakest Pokemon to join my team. By quite a bit too, my Tyrantrum was level 58 when I replaced it with Xerneas. But with how fast Pokemon level up in this game and the way EXP share works, it shouldn't take too long to level it up.

There's definitely a lot more to do in the game. I've spent most of my time exploring. Makes me excited for Z and the Hoenn remakes.

This is also the first time that I've caught the game's main legendary and it was the weakest Pokemon to join my team. By quite a bit too, my Tyrantrum was level 58 when I replaced it with Xerneas. But with how fast Pokemon level up in this game and the way EXP share works, it shouldn't take too long to level it up.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the new EXP Share mechanic... the game's been a breeze so far because I'm a good few levels higher than everything I come across. I also have a couple of Pokemon I don't use very much and want to replace, but they keep pace with everyone else level-wise because of the EXP Share.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the new EXP Share mechanic... the game's been a breeze so far because I'm a good few levels higher than everything I come across. I also have a couple of Pokemon I don't use very much and want to replace, but they keep pace with everyone else level-wise because of the EXP Share.

Just absolutely destroyed the 8th gym leader, I was 10 levels higher OHKO'd everything in the gym and on his team with one Pokemon LOL... I agree, I liked it at first because it was so quick to maintain a balanced team but it's getting a bit too easy. Caught Xerneas in one try with one ultra ball too.. that's never happened before. Maybe I just got lucky.. but I've realized that the catching in this game is a lot easier as well. Hoping there's a jump in difficulty for the Pokemon League

Edit: Okay apparently they made Xerneas and Yveltal easy to catch on purpose. I've read so many comments where people have caught them with just a Pokeball on the first try. Lame.

Yeah... I just beat the Champion with ease. I'm really hoping Z will be a lot tougher because that was way too easy for my liking. That being said, I loved the small cutscenes of your surroundings before you battle the Elite 4. And the 7th gym is great too!

Yeah... I just beat the Champion with ease. I'm really hoping Z will be a lot tougher because that was way too easy for my liking. That being said, I loved the small cutscenes of your surroundings before you battle the Elite 4. And the 7th gym is great too!

I'm about to go to the 7th gym myself! I actually turned off the EXP Share to maybe make things a little bit tougher, and started grinding up some new Pokemon the old-fashioned way.

Also, has anybody seen all of the Ruby/Sapphire hints and references around the game? Really makes me think (hope) that 3D remakes are in store, perhaps after Z comes out.

I'm about to go to the 7th gym myself! I actually turned off the EXP Share to maybe make things a little bit tougher, and started grinding up some new Pokemon the old-fashioned way.

Also, has anybody seen all of the Ruby/Sapphire hints and references around the game? Really makes me think (hope) that 3D remakes are in store, perhaps after Z comes out.

Everyone has been talking about 3rd gen remakes for a while, it's pretty much a sure thing at this point. Just waiting for Nintendo to confirm it. I was reading on Serebii forums that there will probably at least be one more generation, so Hoenn remakes will be sometime between Z and 7th gen, kinda like HGSS.

Not to offend, but you guys seem to have lot's of interest in Pokemon. What makes the game exciting? I don't get it.

Haha well I grew up playing it and never really grew out of it. I play competitively occasionally now. My friends think it's stupid but they didn't grow up with it lol

Archived