The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon X and Y

Rex425

Well I usually have a team that I use for the actual playthrough of the game, then I start breeding & EV training a bunch of Pokemon for competitive battling after I've beaten the game and gone through most of the post-game material. That way you don't have to worry about your EVs getting messed up while battling in game, and besides breeding perfect Pokemon take forever.

That's what I did too, just played through the game enjoying it and not worrying about Pokemon choices too much, and since I've beaten it I've started breeding and EV training. Unfortunately breeding does take forever and with school and work I don't have a lot of time to be continuously hatching eggs but I'm getting there. :P I don't know about you, I'm having a tough time trying to decide what I want to use with so many new choices...

That's what I did too, just played through the game enjoying it and not worrying about Pokemon choices too much, and since I've beaten it I've started breeding and EV training. Unfortunately breeding does take forever and with school and work I don't have a lot of time to be continuously hatching eggs but I'm getting there. :P I don't know about you, I'm having a tough time trying to decide what I want to use with so many new choices...

Yeah no kidding, but at least it's much easier now than before. I'm planning on using a couple of different teams just to play around with what works best, but yeah battling has become a lot more interesting this gen, with the weather nerfs, megas, and changes to typing. It's going to take some getting used to.. I played 3 on 3 with a randomer the other day and got completely destroyed by a Malamar LOL

Sure that would be awesome. My Friend code is 3110-4715-5325 Trainer name Rob. I added your code from the page before.

If anybody else wants to add me feel free. :)

added you! I'm 2664 3135 8148

I added both of you. I'm trying to get into breeding. Do you or someone you know have a Ditto Friend Safari? BTW my friend code is 0576-4237-2572

Yeah no kidding, but at least it's much easier now than before. I'm planning on using a couple of different teams just to play around with what works best, but yeah battling has become a lot more interesting this gen, with the weather nerfs, megas, and changes to typing. It's going to take some getting used to.. I played 3 on 3 with a randomer the other day and got completely destroyed by a Malamar LOL

Yeah! Wifi battling's so much easier with the new PSS, and with no way of hacking or transferring Pokemon yet, it's nice to have a more level playing field. Is Malamar worth using you think? Or did you just not have something to counter it, because it was only 3 on 3?

I added both of you. I'm trying to get into breeding. Do you or someone you know have a Ditto Friend Safari? BTW my friend code is 0576-4237-2572

Added you! And no, sadly I don't. But I've managed to snag a few friend safari Dittos off of the GTS and that's helped a lot with breeding. You gotta be quick about it though, pretty much as soon as a decent offer appears it's gone. :P

Yeah! Wifi battling's so much easier with the new PSS, and with no way of hacking or transferring Pokemon yet, it's nice to have a more level playing field. Is Malamar worth using you think? Or did you just not have something to counter it, because it was only 3 on 3?

Added you! And no, sadly I don't. But I've managed to snag a few friend safari Dittos off of the GTS and that's helped a lot with breeding. You gotta be quick about it though, pretty much as soon as a decent offer appears it's gone. :P

Yeah I guess I'll have to go that route and try to get lucky.

Malamar's actually pretty decent, plus I didn't have anything to counter it. I was using Aerodactyl, Gengar and Gyarados, with no Bug or Fairy type moves. The guy ran Foresight and Superpower with Contrary, and my last Pokemon had Intimidate which didn't help. It's also a pretty good Aegislash check, and can counter most ghosts considering ghosts got a huge boost this gen. I'm considering breeding one myself :)

I actually just found someone with Dittos yesterday, so I caught a bunch. I'll get a bunch more today, see what I get, and we can trade.

What are the odds, I found a kind soul with a Ditto safari on Reddit who was willing to add me with my pathetic safari. Finally!

Damn it you guys are so lucky! any chance either of you have one with 31 IVs in Defense? I have seven or eight Dittos and somehow none of them have Defense which has made breeding a bit of a pain.

Damn it you guys are so lucky! any chance either of you have one with 31 IVs in Defense? I have seven or eight Dittos and somehow none of them have Defense which has made breeding a bit of a pain.

Stalk the Friend Safari subreddit on Reddit, click the "new" tab late at night usually some will pop up and chances are there will be less people commenting on it for adds. Took me a while so keep looking :)

I've got quite a few with 31 Defense that I could trade you!

Stalk the Friend Safari subreddit on Reddit, click the "new" tab late at night usually some will pop up and chances are there will be less people commenting on it for adds. Took me a while so keep looking :)

lol thats how I found mine.

Just beat the game, add my friend code: 5129-1618-5726.

Also, I have a bunch of bred dratini's if anybody's interested. I can also breed Fenekins, Charmanders, and Froakies. Looking for a Grass starter.

I just added you.

Also, man EV training using hordes and the macho brace, etc. is WAY faster than Super Training, and less work, I definitely recommend it.

Just beat the game, add my friend code: 5129-1618-5726.

Also, I have a bunch of bred dratini's if anybody's interested. I can also breed Fenekins, Charmanders, and Froakies. Looking for a Grass starter.

Added you, my FC is 3153-4585-9633. I have both Chespin and Bulbasaur if you need them!

I got a Bulbasaur for an Eevee, thanks though.

Need some more FC's guys!

Anyone have any suggestions for online battling? I've played all pokemon games except B/W 2 but have never found online battling that well done...until now! All tips are appreciated.

I'm 2664 3135 8148, I'll add you when I get home and can get onto my wifi! For me, the hardest thing about wifi battling is teambuilding - finding Pokemon that work well together and cover each other's weak points, finding a balance between physical and special attackers, and support/defensive Pokemon. It's good to start with one or two Pokemon you like or really want to use and build around them. If you're not familiar with EVs/IVs you should look into that, there are a lot of helpful guides out there. I learned a lot by watching people on Youtube, there are a lot of good Pokemon Youtubers that wifi battle and explain things well. Not sure how much this helps, but if you want to know anything more specific just ask! :)

I haven't been back to this thread in a while, ended up finding one over the GTS - I love the changes they made to the GTS, so much easier to navigate now. Still would be nice if there was a way to filter out impossible requests though (like Lv. 1-10 Mewtwos and such).

Archived