The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon X and Y

Rex425

After all these years, I STILL can't pick between Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur...

I'm thinking Froakie and Charmander (who can pass up on Charizard?) but you also get Torchic (download event). Decisions, descisions, decisions...

:frantic:

I'm picking Froakie for sure, but Squirtle is my favourite of the Gen 1 starters and I don't want to double up on water types... maybe I'll go with Charmander and transfer a Squirtle from another game later.

Probably because there aren't that many. There are only 69 new Pokemon this gen, and I was hoping for more Mega Evolutions but it seems like that's pretty much it for now. It's weird how Blaziken gets a Mega Evolution but Sceptile and Swampert don't (from what we know). Really hoping Z will bring more

Also, is it just me or does Mega Gyarados look like a big blue shrimp?

Yeah, I'm really disappointed there hasn't been a Mega Swampert revealed! (with Sap Sipper :P) Mega Gyarados looks like a giant prawn. Tyranitar and Aggron look cool though.

I'm picking Froakie for sure, but Squirtle is my favourite of the Gen 1 starters and I don't want to double up on water types... maybe I'll go with Charmander and transfer a Squirtle from another game later.

Pretty much the same problem with me. I always started R/B/Y with Squirtle but I don't want to have Froakie and Squirtle.

Someone please start with Fennekin, Charmander AND Torchic. :P

I REALLY have to stop looking at spoilers. Well, as long as the story/region is intact for me I guess I don't mind, since I'll look up all the Pokemon/Mega forms eventually to know where and how to get them... but this... AWESOME.

megapinsir.jpg

I hear you buddy haha even though it's mega, Pinsir finally gets its evolution!

Also would've preferred an actual evolution for Banette, they're really overkilling the mega evos but I'll take it. It looks sick!

megabanette.jpg

So basically all evolved forms are getting a mega. Good stuff. It's nice that they're so rare and stuff.

Not really. Heracross, Pinsir, Aerodactyl, Kangaskhan, and Mawile are all Pokemon without evos. I think they're just going with fan favourites.

That being said, I do wish they had made some of them into actual evolutions, since a lot of them still had room in their evolution chains.

Not really. Heracross, Pinsir, Aerodactyl, Kangaskhan, and Mawile are all Pokemon without evos. I think they're just going with fan favourites.

That being said, I do wish they had made some of them into actual evolutions, since a lot of them still had room in their evolution chains.

Yes I know they don't technically evolve. What I meant was final forms. And I completely agree with some of them getting some actuall evolutions.

did you download it?

I'm getting up in like... 6 hours to go pick up my preorder when Toys R Us opens. So damn excited to start building a new team and just appreciating this game.

Yeah I downloaded it. Stayed up all night playing and I'm still only at the 3rd gym. It's really great, so much content and lots of exploring. I totally forgot about the event Torchic you get so I have both Charizard and Blaziken on my team now haha. Don't know if I should swap Blaziken for the Lucario I just got.

Greninja has lower total stats than the other two at 520 instead of 530. All three starters have a lot of weaknesses. Apparently you get the Kanto starter after the first gym and mega stones can only be found between 8 and 9pm. Just what I've head.

Overall, yeah. But competitively you'll want your stats to be focused in certain categories. Greninja has ridiculously high speed, and decent attack and sp. attack, making him a great mixed sweeper. Not sure how deep his movepool is, but so far I've had pretty good coverage with him and he's faster than every other Pokemon I've faced.

You're correct on both, you get a Kanto starter after you battle the professor. But apparently you can also buy them later on in the game for a lot of money (I think Blastoise is like 500,000). I went to the Alakazam mega stone location and it wasn't there and I looked it up, but yeah a lot mega stones are only available at that time.

Yeah I downloaded it. Stayed up all night playing and I'm still only at the 3rd gym. It's really great, so much content and lots of exploring. I totally forgot about the event Torchic you get so I have both Charizard and Blaziken on my team now haha. Don't know if I should swap Blaziken for the Lucario I just got.

Overall, yeah. But competitively you'll want your stats to be focused in certain categories. Greninja has ridiculously high speed, and decent attack and sp. attack, making him a great mixed sweeper. Not sure how deep his movepool is, but so far I've had pretty good coverage with him and he's faster than every other Pokemon I've faced.

You're correct on both, you get a Kanto starter after you battle the professor. But apparently you can also buy them later on in the game for a lot of money (I think Blastoise is like 500,000). I went to the Alakazam mega stone location and it wasn't there and I looked it up, but yeah a lot mega stones are only available at that time.

Where did you download it from? Greninja is still a good pokemon, but I like Chesnaught. That spiky shield move looks awesome, much better than the ones the other two learn when fully evolved.

Archived