The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon X and Y

Rex425

I'm 2664 3135 8148, I'll add you when I get home and can get onto my wifi! For me, the hardest thing about wifi battling is teambuilding - finding Pokemon that work well together and cover each other's weak points, finding a balance between physical and special attackers, and support/defensive Pokemon. It's good to start with one or two Pokemon you like or really want to use and build around them. If you're not familiar with EVs/IVs you should look into that, there are a lot of helpful guides out there. I learned a lot by watching people on Youtube, there are a lot of good Pokemon Youtubers that wifi battle and explain things well. Not sure how much this helps, but if you want to know anything more specific just ask! :)

I haven't been back to this thread in a while, ended up finding one over the GTS - I love the changes they made to the GTS, so much easier to navigate now. Still would be nice if there was a way to filter out impossible requests though (like Lv. 1-10 Mewtwos and such).

I love GTS as well, I've gotten a lot of great pokes from it, especially Hidden Ability ones and ones that have good IVs! Just got one as we speak haha. I agree though, there really needs to be a way to filter requests from idiots especially the ones that ask for Pokemon that aren't obtainable yet... I've seen so many Mudkip and Snivy requests it's ridiculous.

Also, if you trade a lot via GTS and Wonder Trading, if you register your game here by entering the code found in Game Sync of the PSS, you can trade in PokeMiles for items like Heart Scales and PP Ups which is extremely useful. Heart Scales are really cheap too (I now have 99 in my bag!) and it's a much faster method than running around with rock smash or trying to steal them from Luvdiscs

Could somebody do me a favour? I have a Scyther with metal coat and I'd like to get a Scizor. All of the GTS offers are insane, would anybody be willing to either trade me a Scizor/Scyther with metal coat for mine? Or even let me trade it to you and then trade it back to me once it's evolved?

My friends code is above, I'd appreciate the help, trying to get into online battling. Thanks!

Could somebody do me a favour? I have a Scyther with metal coat and I'd like to get a Scizor. All of the GTS offers are insane, would anybody be willing to either trade me a Scizor/Scyther with metal coat for mine? Or even let me trade it to you and then trade it back to me once it's evolved?

My friends code is above, I'd appreciate the help, trying to get into online battling. Thanks!

Yeah I'm more than willing to help. I actually have a Haunter I have to evolve so it works out! I'll be on later tonight

Wow your team is really solid! Nice battle, hopefully I can upgrade a bit and give you a better test in the future haha.

Thanks! Totally unexpected but it's been surprisingly effective in the link battles I've had so far. I'm working on replacing some pokes for better support and to counter some more common threats. You weren't too bad yourself, for sure let's battle again soon!

Would anyone happen to have a Moxie Pinsir? Nature and gender don't matter! I've lost about 10 HA Dratinis to people giving me HyperCutter and MoldBreaker Pinsirs over the GTS. Didn't have much luck on reddit either so I thought I'd give it a shot here haha

Would anyone happen to have a Moxie Pinsir? Nature and gender don't matter! I've lost about 10 HA Dratinis to people giving me HyperCutter and MoldBreaker Pinsirs over the GTS. Didn't have much luck on reddit either so I thought I'd give it a shot here haha

Unfortunately no, wouldn't mind having one myself though! If I find one I'll gladly trade one to you.

Also, rules for this year's Pokemon VGCs were revealed today: Kalos Dex Pokemon only, no Pokemon caught in previous Gens allowed. Sounds like they're really trying to crack down on hacked Pokemon and make the event more competitive. I might actually go this year if they hold a regional event in the Lower Mainland again! :) and providing I'm not too lazy to build a Doubles team, its really tricky finding a good mix for Doubles. http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/2013-2014_season_VGC_rules_and_formats_revealed

Unfortunately no, wouldn't mind having one myself though! If I find one I'll gladly trade one to you.

Also, rules for this year's Pokemon VGCs were revealed today: Kalos Dex Pokemon only, no Pokemon caught in previous Gens allowed. Sounds like they're really trying to crack down on hacked Pokemon and make the event more competitive. I might actually go this year if they hold a regional event in the Lower Mainland again! :) and providing I'm not too lazy to build a Doubles team, its really tricky finding a good mix for Doubles. http://bulbanews.bul...ormats_revealed

I'll let you know if I find one too!

That's awesome, though I'm not a fan of doubles haha it's great to see that they're keeping hacked mons out. Makes all the time spent towards breeding worth it

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need more people for my friend safari, so if any of you could add me that'd be great.

FC: 3411-2591-7759

Also does anybody have a charizardite X for trade? I can offer volt tackle pichus.

i'll get on that some time later after work or something. i could use sum more friend safaris as well25q4y6h.jpg

Archived